Weekend rundowns

macdonsj

Fri

Flew to Paris in the morning. Quick train ride from CDG and then a wee walk to our hotel. Basic but cheap and clean and a nice location. Made the short trip to Sacre Couer and walked for it seemed like miles around it - included a break for beer and frites in montmarte square

Night time - headed off for dinner near Hotel de Ville. Last time we went, Laura's uncle took us to a favourite restaurant of his and also recommended another. So off we went.......to find the first one shut. Never mind, to the 2nd option.......also closed!!!! Ended up wandering about unsure of what was a decent place and eventually (starving) just had an italian :rolleyes:

Sat

Off to the Pompidou Centre, found some of the art absolutely thought provoking Pollock, Twomsky and Simon Hantai. The conceptual art of chairs and typewriters left me cold tho.

After a spot of lunch we wandered down to Notre Dame (by this time in a snowstorm!) and then ambled along the streets for a bit.

At night, we went to a previous good restaurant, Bofinger, enjoying the food there before hotfooting it across town to the Crazy Horse cabaret bar. An absolutely superb show including the star attraction - Dita Von Teese. Great show, lovely champange and then off to bed.

Sun

A leisurely stroll thru the cemetrie to see the graves of Oscar Wilde and Jim Morrison then along to wander about under the Eiffel Tower. Some lunch and then back to the Pompidou to pick up a pressie for our nephew. A quick drink in the brasserie (le Bergerac) next to the hotel with the superb Nacim and then back up the road to CDG.

Unfortunately, we managed to sit on the plane behind and along from Edinburgh Uni peeps (largely English - jolly hockeysticks types). The ones in front speaking utter drivel the entire (extended) flight and the fat Grotbags look-a-like across doing her best to convince everyone that the plane was not fit for flying.

The misery was compounded by having to circle Glasgow for an hour whilst they attempted to reopen the airport by clearing the runway of snow! A textbook landing (even gentler than a normal one) meant we got home safe (and i'm not writing this from heaven)

Came back to a bloody cold flat tho!

All in all - a fantastic weekend (despite the pitfalls of Edinb Uni and Laura's throat infection!)

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice weekend there Mac.8)

Friday - watched The Hulk and had a ruby.

Saturday - picked my boy up and took the kids to the park. Rest of day, tanning Sky Bet account, loading up cds on itunes, getting bundled by the kids, evening time watched couple films 21 and Control both pretty good.

Sunday - kids up around 6am so early morning bundles! Took em to park again to wear them out, home watch Not So Super Sunday and continue loading cds and more bundles with the kids. Evening watched the luvies on Beeb, a bit of WWE Vintage on Sky :oops: and then Sunday Night Project. Lilly Allen ain't half looking good these days although not a great fan of hers. That picture of her with her arris out in the paper the other week was quite a site.;)

fri - work doo in blackfriars, horrible, corporate, karaoke from hell, food made Mr Wu look like haute-cuisine, brief standoff otuside toilets with ex, left at 9.30

sat - hangover, new bed collapsed beneath me because it was poorly assembled, gas oven packed up, lightbulb in bathroom went bang, 100 smelling salts and a vodka later, headed up to sushi bar in camden, caught up with mates, then disco bloodbath, caught up with other mates, roadblock, music ace, (loads of topnotch prins thomas, weatherall combi remixes), venue: The Alhambra = BRILLIANT club in whitechapel which should take off once sound is sorted, kept it clean, nightbus filled with pondlife, kept my distance, made it home intact.

sun - hangover, argued for an hour on the internet with some kunt about clarkson's gaffe, went for run, froze my nuts off, came home 5 mins later, sat back and enjoyed Barca's latest stroll in the park.

Fri - food and drinks with Tom's family

Sat day - got my hair done for the last time for 6 months, my hair is now the most natural looking colour it's been for about 18 years :eek: At night leaving do drinks in the Defectors Weld, ace night with everyone there :D Descended into complete wrong-ness with a night bus journey home and shenanigans back at ours :spank:

Sun - all a bit of a blur :lol:

You talk as if you're going deep into the rainforest. :lol:

You'll be very pleased to find that even some of the most remote locations in Thailand have hairdressers operating out of wooden shacks that tend to be pretty good.

...so you won't have to ditch all your lady regimes.

You talk as if you're going deep into the rainforest. :lol:

You'll be very pleased to find that even some of the most remote locations in Thailand have hairdressers operating out of wooden shacks that tend to be pretty good.

...so you won't have to ditch all your lady regimes.

:lol::lol::lol: I am going to embrace my inner skanky old 'ho :lol:

Thai hairdressers are really good and super good value, I used to go every day for a blow dry/straighten/style if i was in a village with one :oops:

Thai hairdressers are really good and super good value, I used to go every day for a blow dry/straighten/style if i was in a village with one :oops:

Tom got his hair cut last year in Thailand and it was the princely sum of about £1 - best cut he said he'd ever had :lol:

Your day isn't complete without a foot massage and haircut for a Pound each ;)

Friday - Attended a dinner/drinks thing organized by a friend visiting from London at a brewpub called Tinkoff's. Decided that pounding one-liter mugs of their Belgian white ale was a good idea. Then went to FAQ Cafe for a goodbye party by a friend moving to the US. Decided that pounding half-liter mugs of their Belgian white ale was a good idea. Various events led me to the nightclub Krysha where I decided buying 2 beers at a time, pounding one and then sipping the other was a good idea. Starlite Diner for breakfast. Got home after the wife woke up and got an earful.

Saturday - Decided that all my decisions the night before were painfully wrong. Lied in bed dying a slow painful death. Watched football via the 'net. Missed my friend's birthday dinner. Met up with the birthday crew later at Soho Rooms and got back on the p1ss. Saw Darren Hayes belt out all his Savage Garden hits. Went back to Krysha for after-hours and danced like a madman.

Sunday - Realized that alcohol is evil. Lied in bed dying a slow painful death. Watched footbal via the 'net. Also caught up on the Daily Show, Lost and watched this Will Smith movie Seven Pounds.

Still not feeling quite right :cry:

Not much to really report this weekend, was supposted to be going to London but had to cancel due to the Snow and Joey having the lurgy again for about the 151815187152 time this winter.

Friday: Worked from home during day & done food shop on evening, ordered a take away in, had a few vodka's & watched South Park.

Sat: Had another duvet day which was great, watched Charlie & Chocolate Factory & Baseketball :lol:. No plans on evening, opened a couple of bottles & chilled.

Sun: Had to get out due to being cooped up since Thursday so just went for a walk followed by coffee and a Sunday Roast. Spent the rest of the afternoon doing boring chore things like ironing :rolleyes:

I hope you managed to have a good time, regardless :)
Nightclub concerts are funny things... only a third of the audience is actually paying attention while the rest wait for the DJ to come back on. Hayes was performing as if he was on a big stage which looks a bit comic when you're standing 3 meters away. :lol:

Nightclub concerts are funny things... only a third of the audience is actually paying attention while the rest wait for the DJ to come back on. Hayes was performing as if he was on a big stage which looks a bit comic when you're standing 3 meters away. :lol:

Any fist clenching power grabs whilst looking to the heavens as he sung???

fri night was a right result. Chatting to my neighbour over the garden fence(like you do) recently, it turns that he is the manager of the private members club just opened on the 3 floors above The Ivy restaurant by the peeps who own the restaurant. Anyways, he says that we are more than welcome to get in anytime we want. So we went.
Its really cool, very swish, very laid back, very classy etc. We drank lovely cocktails and ate in the dining room which server the same food as the restaurant downstairs and generally make out like we were posher than we are

Back