Weekend Rundowns

Morbyd

Good Monday boys & girls. Did everyone's weekend match up with their plans?

Friday - One of my wilder nights out in a while 8)

Went to the Pacha Moscow grand opening. Insane crowd outside trying to get in, but after pushing our way through the club looked very nice inside (if a perhaps a bit too shiny). About an hour later, a friend's former colleague was leaving and gave us his VIP table complete with a HUGE pre-paid bar tab. BONUS! :eek: :D 8) Suffice to say, things got very very messy from then on :lol: Spent hours handing out drinks to passers-by and hangers-on and making occasional forays to the dancefloor. Tara Macdonald made a 5-song appearance with her songs like My My My and Chasing the Sun. Sebastian Gamboa played a relatively obvious house set.

From there, we ventured on to Soho Rooms for after-hours on the rooftop dancefloor, newly enclosed in a heated tent with plastic windows all around. Ran into that same guy again...with another reserved table :eek: Queue many more free drinks and even sushi for breakfast.

Saturday - Dragged myself out of bed at lunchtime after a very short nap :( for an Ikea run. Bought a bunch of crap, ate the Swedish meatballs. Went home, took another unfortunately short nap. Met up with the crew at Clumba for dinner, then over to KitchKock for pre-party action. Split off from the gang and went to Arma 17 for Steve Lawler :D Great set (I think... all a bit fuzzy by then). Then met back up with the crew at Krysha Mira for afters on their rooftop dancefloor.

Sunday - Again not enough sleep as I got up to meet some friends for an Indian brunch at a mate's house. Came home around 8 and promptly crashed out for 12 hours of sleep :lol:

Bloody hell John I really duno how u keep doing it , my hat goes off to you!

Friday - leaving do at work , not too messy
Saturday - dentist , told i have an absess and need anti biotics and possible root canal surgery. then viewd a flat off Caledonian Rd which we ended up taking which was a result.
Saturday night was my girlfriends brother's birthday (27) Thai meal which was great then a really **** pub where he got totally wasted , we then spent the rest of the night staying up looking after him as he threw up at home all night....great

The one weekend where my flatmate fukked off, I lost my front door keys on friday at a boozer after getting hammered at a birthday meal in cov gdn and so after a bus journey home PANICKED and headed straight back to holborn at 4am, got lost wandering around the gray's inn road and eventually spent the night and much of saturday sat on an armchair trying and failing to sleep in a mate's flat - however I did have some amazing wine, pork cutlets and fortnum & mason premium quality gak along the way, which kinda compensated. Then Saturday afternoon, EUREKA! the bar informed me they'd been found, so I hotfooted over to liverpool street and then, reeking of booze, went down the big chill bar to meet some buddies and caught the balearic sessions which were really, really good. Sunday was spent with a chick at the spanish shop/caff on portobello road, which is as wonderful and hospitable as ever. A potentially catastrophic weekend turned out ok. Cheers.

sat - golf, absolutely peesh - out at night to the usual haunt, ok night - nowt special

sun - hangover from hell, nice fish tea then off to Bloc Party with laura - blinding show, such a good band

mon - tonight its off to see Roses Kings Castles (Adam Ficek of babyshambles side project)

Friday - well we had a great night. BF came up to meet me from work and we went down Brick Lane with a good friend of mine who is getting married and her other half, it was a night to meet up as the BF hasnt met either of them. We had such a good night. Lots of wine, trying to find somewhere open after 11 round the Liverpool St area was a mission but we did it. Even got on the old jagerbombs anyway the night had to come to an end but we said we would go home via Liverpool St (Im a Fenchurch St line girl) but I can go to both and just pay a bit more to get home in a cab at the other end. Anyway me and the BF get on the train bit worse for wear and mainly wanting to go to sleep.

A group of 4 guys and 2 girls get on. And 1 of the guys starts having a pop at me and the BF as we were asleep telling the whole train "there are some narky miserable people on here" for no reason at all I must stress. Anyway he then starts on the BF saying that he needs to cheer up and all this stuff. It got pretty nasty lets say that comment wise - I believe he called the BF a "goggle eyed c**t" - I mean how low can you go picking on someone for wearing glasses??? I then started to panic as we were clearly outnumbered and I experienced my first panic attack (my heart is pumping as I type this)
Anyway his mates told him to pipe down and they were actually ok - they talked to us the whole way home. It then got to the point where mouthy had to get off the train.....all his mates told him to apologise to us which he refused, hurled more abuse which left me seeing red and calling him a "small d**k c**t" I would like to stress I do not like violence or the C word but I was just so outraged that someone would pick on someone for wearing glasses, its like playground behaviour!!!! Honestly.

Saturday – went for a nice hangover food lunch, was lovely, then we stayed in and just chilled out, I was actually asleep by 10 o clock!! Rock n roll…..

Sunday – got up to do Body Pump (made me feel soooo much better then just laying in bed), did a bit of food shopping in the miserable rain that did not stop all day grrrr :spank: and then went out for dinner with my folks in the evening

A group of 4 guys and 2 girls get on. And 1 of the guys starts having a pop at me and the BF as we were asleep telling the whole train "there are some narky miserable people on here" for no reason at all I must stress. Anyway he then starts on the BF saying that he needs to cheer up and all this stuff. It got pretty nasty lets say that comment wise - I believe he called the BF a "goggle eyed c**t" - I mean how low can you go picking on someone for wearing glasses??? I then started to panic as we were clearly outnumbered and I experienced my first panic attack (my heart is pumping as I type this)
Anyway his mates told him to pipe down and they were actually ok - they talked to us the whole way home. It then got to the point where mouthy had to get off the train.....all his mates told him to apologise to us which he refused, hurled more abuse which left me seeing red and calling him a "small d**k c**t" I would like to stress I do not like violence or the C word but I was just so outraged that someone would pick on someone for wearing glasses, its like playground behaviour!!!! Honestly.

oh dear. theres always one gob****e on the weekend trains.

you should be ashamed of yourself Emma. ;):lol:

prats like that just embarrass their friends. :spank:

Ouch!
Friday, calm, Jonathan Ross!
Saturday, left for Manchester circa 11, dropped bags in malmaison, went straight to the Pub! Old Trafford, there was a good atmosphere from our lot, highlighted by going a goal up, wasn't much between the teams, but we lost! Back into town, pub, back to the Hotel, cracking Dinner, pub, then to Sankeys which was rammed, hammered!
Got home about 6pm last night, shattered!

a dear mad old friend of mine, Robert, was very unlucky as a kid. He was a lanky skinny sod with a face like Dean Gaffney and was the target of all the bully boys for liking Morrissey and matchboxes. One time he was on a train and some geezers started on him. He said, dramatically "Don't come close. I am armed!" at which they noticed he had a spoon in his left pocket [...] A few weeks later, he tried to sue them + get them done for attempted murder :eek:

we've dined out on this story for years. Tears. :lol:

a dear mad old friend of mine, Robert, was very unlucky as a kid. He was a lanky skinny sod with a face like Dean Gaffney and was the target of all the bully boys for liking Morrissey and matchboxes. One time he was on a train and some geezers started on him. He said, dramatically "Don't come close. I am armed!" at which they noticed he had a spoon in his left pocket [...] A few weeks later, he tried to sue them + get them done for attempted murder :eek:

we've dined out on this story for years. Tears. :lol:

WTF!!! :eek::lol:

oh dear. theres always one gob****e on the weekend trains.

you should be ashamed of yourself Emma. ;):lol:

prats like that just embarrass their friends. :spank:

Funnily enough it is usually me - but generally spreading cheer not abuse.

This time we were not so lucky.

That is the last time I ever get that line, I knew it was yucky, horrible and nasty. Now the point has been proven.

that story has just been reminding me of incidents people I know have been involved in, in the past. Far too many... I've generally myself been ok on trains, although one time I did get followed off a tube at kew gardens by two hoodlums in hi-tops who were shouting after me asking me for my flying jacket. First thing to do is blag a turn into the nearest house and pray someone answers the door :confused: lucky boy..

Was also thinking of that woody allen film, Bananas where the doors on the train shut and he pulls faces at the villains and then the doors unexpectedly open. Genius. :D

... Was also thinking of that woody allen film, Bananas
where the doors on the train shut and he pulls faces at the villains
and then the doors unexpectedly open. Genius. :D
can it get any better than these old woody allen films ?
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=PsrakdT-skg

:lol: :lol:
1ffr12.jpg

Friday: chillsville for me, took in a movie - 'The Big Lebowski' - allways a winner! :D .. early night fresh for work on sat.

Sat: up @ 6:30am :confused: full day @ 'the office' ... then few pre antic drinks round a buddies then onwards to a very cold and rainy Brighton seafront, opted to hit the club (digital) early ... De Puta Madre were hosting with Jamie Jones on the bill ... never seen him play b4 - blew the place apart - 1st time in Digital to for me and i was mucho impressed, the sound system was sweeeeeet! - tune of the night faaa sure was S.I.S - Standing - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=waRz9xytbtI&feature=related

then @ around 4 we floated over to Blow @ Coalition, again 1st time there - many of the faces from Digital were still jammin, which was cool - music wise alittle off for me, but none the less was a good end to the night - finished up @ around 8am

Sun: Chillsville ... the day of rest ;)

Friday - nowt much

Saturday - windy walk down to the beach. There were gales in Spain and the streets were pretty deserted - only stupid English people left the house I think. Met a friend for drinks in our fave beachside bar then went to see Revolutionary Road. Thought it was excellent. Kate Winslet is stunning (although who said she's got a big looming face? She has actually) and the period detail is really well done. Really haunting soundtrack as well.

Sunday - went for a browse round Sant Antoni market which sells books and films mostly. Tried out the bicing system for the first time (residents can get a card that allows you to use communal bikes that are all over the city) but felt like I was going to ride into people and end up in a heap. Will have to go out and practice early in the morning or something.

Fri night - Curry with Panda Beard, got randomly stopped and searched walking down Brick lane under the terrorism act, then on to Islington for a late drink.

Sat - Sleep, sleep and more f*cking sleep, early night for ...

Sun - The End closing...Got up at 6am, 20 minute (guestlist) queue, a simply ace day that'll be better described by somone else, funaly bailed out around 9pm not sure if it had actually stopped in aka or whether it was the latest 'last record'...People all dancing on the bar, tables, bar got looted, drinks getting poured everywhere...Then onto Horse and Groom for a quick breather before Retox, though it had been a long day by this point and called it a night and was in bed by 2.8)

Back