Weekend Rundowns

Fri night - Curry with Panda Beard, got randomly stopped and searched walking down Brick lane under the terrorism act, then on to Islington for a late drink.

Sat - Sleep, sleep and more f*cking sleep, early night for ...

Sun - The End closing...Got up at 6am, 20 minute (guestlist) queue, a simply ace day that'll be better described by somone else, funaly bailed out around 9pm not sure if it had actually stopped in aka or whether it was the latest 'last record'...People all dancing on the bar, tables, bar got looted, drinks getting poured everywhere...Then onto Horse and Groom for a quick breather before Retox, though it had been a long day by this point and called it a night and was in bed by 2.8)
Nice one.

What's this about random searches on the street??

Thurs - The End/AKA for Fatboy Slim although Caged Baby/Riva Starr stole the show for me. Too busy when Fatboy was on so opted for Lottie upstairs in AKA.

Friday - off work so renewed passport, bit of lunch out and mucked about with the kids indoors.

Saturday - took kids to the park couple of hours, watched the mighty Hammers cruise through in the FA Cup against the monkey hangers, went to the mos for Defected 10th birthday. Had live bands first doing some old Defected hits, wicked line up with ATFC, Shapeshifters, Bob Sinclair, Junior Jack and Kid Creme. I don't think heard a bad tune all night. Tomoki Tamura(awesome!) played The Loft all night which like every room pretty banged out. Excellent night.

Sunday - crash position on sofa most of day followed by having to carry my daughter round the living room for hours while I pretended to be a horse! Moody kebab to finish off the night.

Nice one.

Yup, the Police were looking for terrorists just down the road from 93 Feet East and the Vibe Bar. Not misusing the act at all, honest guv.....

(Je suis Panda Beard!:lol:)

Friday Dinner and DVD with the future Mrs G

Saturday: Went out for dinner about 6.30 near the end. Went to the End about 8 saw the queue was round the block so went to East Village for Sancho Panza instead. Had a blast in there till about 3.30 or so. Carried on back at my house. Got updates from Dan X re queue at the End so jumped in a cab about 11 got to the end about 11.30 and had a lot of fun saying good bye to the place. Left about 4.30 when the main room finally shut!

Nice one.

I saw that down Brick Lane, kind of under some archway somewhere on Friday. At first we thought they had stopped a homeless person but it was actually just someone with loads of bags - and they were having to go through them all :eek::lol:

there used to be loads of dealers at the vibe bar & cafe 1001 + there is a big Bengali community in the area which voted Galloway in on an anti-war ticket

hence, much more coppers in the area these days

they're taking liberties for stopping people for no real reason though

Met Police = KUNTS.

FACT.

Weekend? ...... what weekend??

Went home ill on Tue lunchtime went to bed.

Got up Sunday - attempted to walk half a mile to the shop for paper and back - took 40 mins, went back to bed.

Got up yesterday - struggled through the day - made it out of pj's..... what a feat!!

came to work today - B*&£$"d flu!!!!! :spank:

Sunday was spent with a chick at the spanish shop/caff on portobello road, which is as wonderful and hospitable as ever.

Do you mean that Garcia place? Use to walk by there everyday when I finished school back in the early 90's.

Didnt do much other than Gallery on friday. Music was ok, but nothing special.

Was a bit disappointed with the refurb.
The outside its pretty much the same, the corridor inside is the same just with new paint job.
The lounge upstairs looks good, but i rarely go in there anyway.
Plus it seems the new lasers/lights and smoke machine weren't fully working in the box, or at least I hope they weren't because I couldnt tell the difference from the last time i went

Weekend? ...... what weekend??

Went home ill on Tue lunchtime went to bed.

Got up Sunday - attempted to walk half a mile to the shop for paper and back - took 40 mins, went back to bed.

Got up yesterday - struggled through the day - made it out of pj's..... what a feat!!

came to work today - B*&£$"d flu!!!!! :spank:

You poor thing :cry::cry:

they're taking liberties for stopping people for no real reason though

Met Police = KUNTS.

FACT.

shocking statement.

better safe than sorry ... so what if your 'victimised' ... does that 10 min max search really make a difference?!

shocking statement.

better safe than sorry ... so what if your 'victimised' ... does that 10 min max search really make a difference?!

not really - the met police are vile. FACT. The way they covered up the Menezes murder, the way they do people every day to meet their targets, the way they rip down flyers around Shoreditch, the way they harass you with sniffer dogs at tubes, the way they send 4 meatwagons to close down a party in a basement frequented by 25 harmless geeks

I really hoped in 1997 we might get better laws and better coppers - but it's as bad as ever...

imo, they can do one :arrow:

not really - the met police are vile. FACT. The way they covered up the Menezes murder, the way they do people every day to meet their targets, the way they rip down flyers around Shoreditch, the way they harass you with sniffer dogs at tubes, the way they send 4 meatwagons to close down a party in a basement frequented by 25 harmless geeks

I really hoped in 1997 we might get better laws and better coppers - but it's as bad as ever...

imo, they can do one :arrow:

fair play bud, your opinion, purhpase not living round it day in day out, im giving an outsiders opinion... but on a whole i think we could be living in much much worse surroundings!

for sure the Menezes case was a shocking state of affairs, and certainly put a cloud over the force, thankfully that was a one off, and given the events prior to the incident unless in that situation, our opinions count for nothing. it was the disgrace that followed!

i just think in todays world a 'better safe than sorry' approach is well needed, allbeit disrupting your day alittle etc ... its a small price to pay for what could be!

'Kunts & Vile' are abit over the top ... we all know who you'll be phoning if you was a victim of crime. ;) :)

Back