Weekend rundowns...

Beckiboo

I never do this do I! You can tell I am hungover / bored

Friday - out for a friends birthday dinner. Had a yummy pizza and lots of drinks / laughs with the gang. Ended up getting dragged reluctantly to O'Neills for some afterhours drinking. Had fun but it reminded me of why I never go to O'Neills :x:eek:

Saturday - felt rough all day, went to the local cafe for a fry up which helped slightly. Round to our mate's flat in Hackney for a birthday / house party which was good fun. Lots of drink consumed....

Sunday - felt like death warmed up all day and had to drive all the way to Watford for a Sunday roast with my family. Not quite sure how I made it through the day but somehow I did :eek::lol:

Still feel sh1te today.... I can't handle these double header weekends anymore. I am old :spank::(

Ya Becs... ancient... you're already, what, about 10 years younger than me?! :lol:

Friday - Went home after worked and baked some corn bread. Went out and met some friends at Escobar for drinks and a snack. From there, we decided to race through 2 new clubs and spend an hour at each to check them out - Evento and Neft (the pool with synchronized swimmers in the latter was quite amusing :lol:). Split up with my crew and headed to Solyanka for Tiefschwarz 8) Very good tuneage. Got dragged to Paparazzi for afters but only lasted an hour as I knew I needed to...

Saturday - ...get up at lunchtime and run to the market to buy a turkey. Spent the afternoon making turkey, gravy and cornbread stuffing :D Took it all over to a friend's place for a late Thanksgiving dinner party. Afterwards, went to Gaudi for a party with Pete Tong who actually played quite a good set this time around (I think the killer DJ on before him gave him a hint of which direction to go...)

Sunday - Dragged my hungover self out of bed and went to pick up my new car :D Drove to SportLand to watch Chelsea disintegrate in the 2nd half against the Arse :(

Fri dinner and drinks at friends' place

Sat drove to London, dinner out with a lot of people then to Matter which was sold out. Way Out West played for 1.5h including some classics like Ajare, Apollo and Mindcircus (all new versions) and some tracks from the new album like Future Perfect, Sparkle and Surrender.

Had to leave pretty early to catch the morning flight so didn't hear much of what James played which is a shame. I thought Matter was a cool club but I did expect a bit more, it's visually pretty sober so to say.

I unfortunately had way too much fun to remember to take pics but here's the 3 I managed to take

n6295808235_1033163_8169.jpg

n6295808235_1033164_8363.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1041/3/52/6295808235/n6295808235_1033164_8363.jpg

n6295808235_1033174_5100.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1041/3/52/6295808235/n6295808235_1033174_5100.jpg

Went to Fabric on Saturday night. Really enjoyed it. Move-D and Michael Mayer were superb. We left Fabric at about 7am and headed over to The End . Didn't get in. We just went to the airport and drank there until our flight home at midday.

We were still going tso went to our local and everything after that is a blank. Remember getting up to be sick at one point last night .

on Saturday, I saw Brandon Block and various other DJs of a certain vintage play loads of cheesy 90s handbag house at a reunion @ SIN nightclub, just off Charing Cross Rd. It was a royal laugh despite the music tho. The weirdest incident was when a giant inflatable smiley ball got caught in the chandeliers and some over-enthusiastic punter tried to pull it down - catastrophe narrowly avoided :eek: yesterday 6am-8pm was spent at a flat in NW1 with 8 other people doing unbroadcastable things.

but never mind all that, I'm mostly interested in Robder's weekend - how was Roisin and how was Quentin?

Pete Tong who actually played quite a good set this time

Chelsea disintegrate in the 2nd half against the Arse :(

Tong's been on it for a while now! Its since he started playin from his laptop, you dont have to cringe to his mixing!!

Wtf happened there? Was hoping for a high scoring draw, with 6 redcards!!:rolleyes:

Friday - night round friends from work, the 3 of us managed to get through 5 bottles of wine, play rockband and not go to bed until 630 :eek: havent done an all nighter in ages.

Saturday - made the mistake of going to Lakeside with only 4 hours sleep and a hangover :spank: got a few Xmas presents but the place was wayy too manic for me. We waited 15 mins to get a parking space. By 4pm I was home and in bed, had crumpets for tea, boyfriend came over and we had an evening of X Factor and I am a Celeb.

Sunday - headed to Southend for some more Xmas shopping, got the Wii for the boyfriend :lol: wrapped it all up. Then fell asleep while boyfriend watched Arsenal game and then woke up in time for dinner with his parents, giant toad in the hole with roast pots and veg. Yummmmmyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Xmas party this Friday, getting in the festive spirit!!!

Friday morning drove down to Brighton, we had booked what we thought was going to be a little cottage but turned out to be this gorgeous 3 story townhouse just off Regency Square and 2 mins from the seafront - I want to live there :lol:

Huge pub lunch in front of a real open fire, then lots of dog walking. At night we went for drinks and then to Food for Friends for a real veggie feast.

Saturday was up really early so dog walked for 2 1/2 hours all the way to Fatboy's house :oops::lol: then had a huuuuggeee veggie breakfast. Afternoon was spent wandering round Brighton, altho it was a strange concept for me not buying any clothes due to my upcoming traveller lifestyle :lol: At night drinks and then dinner at The Regency.

Sunday another big breakfast and then a couple of hours down on the beach, then back to London.

Absolutely fantastic weekend, I love Brighton, I really want to live there when we're proper 'grown-ups' but I worry that from May - September it would be hell and full of stag/hen dos and general idiots :twisted: but out of season it's heavenly :D

Absolutely fantastic weekend, I love Brighton, I really want to live there when we're proper 'grown-ups' but I worry that from May - September it would be hell and full of stag/hen dos and general idiots :twisted: but out of season it's heavenly :D
What?! No time on the pier? That's the best part! :D

Fri - Still felt under the weather but went to the gym which helped and then crashed and burned by 10.

Sat - Worked until 4, turned a major corner in the current project so big weight off of shoulders, now can relax a little in the final furlong this week. Chilled at the sis-in-laws in the evening.

Sun - Lay in, usual chors and relaxed indoors watching the rain fall.

Bloody brilliant weekend...

Roisin was fantastic...it's the 6th time I've seen her this year. :oops: A completely new set however which was nice - lots of Moloko oldies and her outfits were even more outrageous than usual...she even came on wearing a lifesize tartan goat at the end. :lol:

After that, we hot footed over to the Ministry at about 2h00 to catch Hi-tek soul.

World class music for the duration (of course).

The crowd was bloody awful - OK-ish in places - but I still LOVE the Ministry...I'm clearly not trendy enough. :lol: I think it's one of the pitfalls of loving house music so much - you just have to hear your faves on 'that' system. ;) I always love the big room from 3am-ish.

Quentin came and had a dance for a while which was VERY surreal! :eek: He tapped me on the shoulder catching me unawares, "Rob! Thanks for coming down! How are you?" blah blah...he was SO unbelievably charming and I love the New York way of being so upfront in approaching people - so unlike stuffy Londoners. *swoon* *swoon* *swoon*

Quite surreal really because it's only earlier in the day that I was walking through Camden and dragged Pilchard into H&M because they were blasting out his track, 'lets be young' - not usually into DJ worship but the guy is a legend and deserves lots of respect...and Derrick May was ace - really jumping around in the booth giving it his all. When the Godfather of techno plays a set in a club that size you can't really argue. ;) Seeing these people always makes me a bit bleary eyed because their music has given me so much over the years and without these pioneers (who started it all and are still out there running the show) I'm not sure what the music industry would be like.

It's funny hearing techno in the Ministry because the place has never managed to shake off its disco roots in my eyes...everything always sounds really girly and quite sweet in there - in a charming sort of way. ;) :lol: Fabric is much more industrial and and blokey...there's also something quite comical about seeing Essex lads dancing away to tunes like 'Yooooou make me feeeeeeel, miiiiiiighty real!' :lol:

I feel very lucky to live in London sometimes because all the heavyweights seem to pass by at one time or another.

After the Ministry, we went to Jaded at The End. Another great morning - whilst the crowd is good, I did find it a bit druggy in a tragic kind of way (granted - pot, kettle, black) but I did feel quite dirty in there. :eek:

Finally got home at 20h00 to a dispairing (but amused) husband. :rolleyes::lol:

Bloody brilliant weekend...

Roisin was fantastic...it's the 6th time I've seen her this year. :oops: A completely new set however which was nice - lots of Moloko oldies and her outfits were even more outrageous than usual...she even came on wearing a lifesize tartan goat at the end. :lol:

After that, we hot footed over to the Ministry at about 2h00 to catch Hi-tek soul.

World class music for the duration (of course).

The crowd was bloody awful - OK-ish in places - but I still LOVE the Ministry...I'm clearly not trendy enough. :lol: I think it's one of the pitfalls of loving house music so much - you just have to hear your faves on 'that' system. ;) I always love the big room from 3am-ish.

Quentin came and had a dance for a while which was VERY surreal! :eek: He tapped me on the shoulder catching me unawares, "Rob! Thanks for coming down! How are you?" blah blah...he was SO unbelievably charming and I love the New York way of being so upfront in approaching people - so unlike stuffy Londoners. *swoon* *swoon* *swoon*

Quite surreal really because it's only earlier in the day that I was walking through Camden and dragged Pilchard into H&M because they were blasting out his track, 'lets be young' - not usually into DJ worship but the guy is a legend and deserves lots of respect...and Derrick May was ace - really jumping around in the booth giving it his all. When the Godfather of techno plays a set in a club that size you can't really argue. ;) Seeing these people always makes me a bit bleary eyed because their music has given me so much over the years and without these pioneers (who started it all and are still out there running the show) I'm not sure what the music industry would be like.

It's funny hearing techno in the Ministry because the place has never managed to shake off its disco roots in my eyes...everything always sounds really girly and quite sweet in there - in a charming sort of way. ;) :lol: Fabric is much more industrial and and blokey...there's also something quite comical about seeing Essex lads dancing away to tunes like 'Yooooou make me feeeeeeel, miiiiiiighty real!' :lol:

I feel very lucky to live in London sometimes because all the heavyweights seem to pass by at one time or another.

After the Ministry, we went to Jaded at The End. Another great morning - whilst the crowd is good, I did find it a bit druggy in a tragic kind of way (granted - pot, kettle, black) but I did feel quite dirty in there. :eek:

Finally got home at 20h00 to a dispairing (but amused) husband. :rolleyes::lol:

top review :) I would love to have seen Dezza and Quentin again ('let's be young' and his remix of Mr V - 'jus' dance' still sound AMAZING) - but I just never feel comfortable in that club. As for Jaded - naaah - way too seedy for me! Roisin = one of my fave singers but still not seen her live :oops:

Well, it was a long weekend for us, and I decided to catch up on some rest (some, but not too much)

Weds - Didn't do anything, just fell fast asleep after getting home at around 4:45PM (16:45)
Thurs- Thanksgiving, got hurt playing football in the place only men can get hurt, and then a bird got into my loft and made a mess all over everything, including my bed. Other than that, a great day.
Fri- Still recovering and sleepy
Sat- An old friend (more of a friend to my brother than to me) was back in town with his girlfriend for the holiday, and after the first anniversary of my local, I went to hang out with them.
Sun- glad I rested up as didn't get in until about two this morning or so. Had to see aforementioned friend.

top review :) I would love to have seen Dezza and Quentin again ('let's be young' and his remix of Mr V - 'jus' dance' still sound AMAZING) - but I just never feel comfortable in that club. As for Jaded - naaah - way too seedy for me! Roisin = one of my fave singers but still not seen her live :oops:

Why don't you feel comfortable? OK - there are lots of Essex boys and birds on the pull but most of them are munted so they're rarely aggressive. Just remember stop looking and it's great :lol: ...it's also dark and by 4am all the dullards and lightweights have gone home to sleep/shag. Gosh you can imagine the looks and blatant homophobia I get in there (esp with all my facial finery :lol:) - but fook it, it's everyone elses problem not mine.

I'm in two minds about Jaded - on the one hand it's full of the dregs of society (I'm far too old and sophisticated for all that - errr, well sort of) but on the other it's kind of nice not having to put on any airs and graces at 9 in the morning. :lol:

Fair nuff, maybe showing my age but I guess I just can't handle massive corporate venues anymore - mentioned my views on this on here before - far prefer a smallish split-level, sweaty room, 200 capacity, lowlevel ceilings, graffitied concrete walls, moth-eaten chairs at the back and a killer laser complementing the funktion 1, and populated by rastas, japanese geeks, old skool ravers, trannies and posh doris's from kentish town in fur coats. And staffed by friendly Nigerians who don't give a toss what you get up to and who provide tap water provided in a jug at the end of the bar - like various establishments I could name along the Kingsland Road ;)

We left Fabric at about 7am and headed over to The End . Didn't get in. We just went to the airport and drank there until our flight home at midday.

Funny you didnt get into The End but Robder did!
What reasons were you given Daniel?
Jaded can be very arsey with their door policy from what I can remember.
Hope you had a good time down south never the less. How was the Fabric crowd?!

Funny you didnt get into The End but Robder did!
What reasons were you given Daniel?
Jaded can be very arsey with their door policy from what I can remember.
Hope you had a good time down south never the less. How was the Fabric crowd?!

We weren't given a reason. I'm guessing they just didn't like the look of us. There was about 15 people in front of us in the Q when we got there. Only 2 or 3 of them got in. Group of guys in front of us got knocked back because there was too many of them.

Thought the Fabric crowd was allright, everyone I spoke to was friendly .

Back