Weekend Rundowns

Emma_1983

What did everyone get up to this weekend, any exciting plans? Mine were a messy night in the City then onto Soho (what was I thinking), relaxation Sat in the sun, bit of shopping as its payday :lol:, BBQ in the evening hosted by someone I hate :spank: then yesterday nice drink at a cool cafe open down the seafront then a nice big pub lunch followed by lazy tv and resting :lol:

Utter bliss, roll on next weekend as I am in London all weekend :lol:

Nothing exciting at all

BUT I achieved so much this weekend I astounded myself to be honest...

................it was all about doing home stuff.....

Sat: I did gardening, ext house painting, planting, grass cutting/sowing, cooking, ironing, smoking, drinking tea and watching B-2-B Dexter and Dirt - finally caught upnow and can free up some space!!

angry and p'd off husband returned from match so figured early night and keep out of the way :lol::lol:

Sun: more garden stuff before it lashed down then ate the lovingly prepared Tandoori Chicken I had made and left marinading since Sat then sat down to watch Golden Compass and Final Destination 2....

I really do like these weekends where I actually feel I have achieved something.... :oops::oops::oops:

First weekend in a long time (possibly this year!) where nothing naughty has gone in my system! I feel better I think but god did it do my head in! Luckily my missus has the will power and kept saying no although she did say I have problems not sure if she was joking or not!!

Anyway Friday stayed in take away and watched junk tv really.

Saturday gym early doors, picked my boy up and took kids to feed the horses round the corner, then round to see some friends for lunch. Took kids swimming in the afternoon and chilled at night watched Shrek 3. Bought kids a few toys during week so surprised them with that.

Sunday - gym early doors, took my boy to cinema to see Kung Fu Panda, then met up with missus and little girl for lunch. Dropped my boy home then took little girl to park then to feed horses again and then chilled out rest of evening watching Barcelona, Evan Almighty and Vacancy.

Sat: Harvested and prepared 4lb of elderberries from our garden ready for wine :) Bought neccesary equipment and started the process of elderberry wine making. The recipe required Vitamin b12, (shelley suggested we sling in a multivitamin as it contained b12 + lots more vits, ffs woman!). Evening:- Enjoyed eating outside in the late summer warmth plus the 70 zillion btu's chucked out by the chimenea :lol::lol:

Sun: Outside jobs. Rained off so fixed 4 pairs of door handles on, some sanding & filling. I love stringing certain jobs out so as to get Shelley thinking I have grafted my nuts off all morning (brownie points * 10 for little effort :) ). Chopped & boiled 4 kilos of apples with 2 kilos of sugar for apple jam. Only had 6 jars and we now have 2 kilos of apple jam in bags in the freezer:oops: Enjoyed a Pink Floyd evening ... "Shine on you crazy diamond"...."How I wish, How I wish you were here", love 'em. There are times when only Floyd will do.

Friday - Started at the sports bar for the UEFA SuperCup. Joined up with friends on a clubhopping mission at Rai, followed by Famous and then the rooftop terrace dancefloor at Soho Rooms. They headed off to Garage for afters but I bailed.

Saturday - Think I got a little food poisoning from the night before. Stayed in with the missus, watched some football, ordered Chinese delivery, missed Sander Kleinenberg, and slept for 12 hours :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

Sunday - Back to the sports bar for Chelsea v Spurs, grocery shopping, home to watch more football then the movies Wanted (crap) and the Big Lebowsky (still a classic!)

The Dude abides.

Fri - tagged on with Tom and some of his friends cos I had the NEED for wine :lol:

Sat - shopping round Portobello Market, then the scousers were in FLT so spent the afternoon drinking Pimms in a lovely beer garden in Notting Hill making the most of the 1 day of summer :spank:

Sun - huuuggge autumn/winter costume shop, then took Tom to Yautacha for afternoon tea cos he'd been such a good hubby carrying all my bags :lol: Got home, tried to do fashion shows but they weren't going down very well as Tom tried to watch Chelsea v Tottenham that he'd taped :lol:

Got home, tried to do fashion shows but they weren't going down very well as Tom tried to watch Chelsea v Tottenham that he'd taped :lol:
The post-shopping Fashion Show is a universal thing amongst members of your gender, isn't it? :lol:

The post-shopping Fashion Show is a universal thing amongst members of your gender, isn't it? :lol:

:oops::lol::lol::lol:

So not only do you poor blokes get dragged round the shops all day then you have to put up with the post-shopping Fashion Show when all you want is some peace and quiet back in the comfort of your own home :lol:;)

Nothing exciting at all

BUT I achieved so much this weekend I astounded myself to be honest...

................it was all about doing home stuff.....

Sat: I did gardening, ext house painting, planting, grass cutting/sowing, cooking, ironing, smoking, drinking tea and watching B-2-B Dexter and Dirt - finally caught upnow and can free up some space!!

angry and p'd off husband returned from match so figured early night and keep out of the way :lol::lol:

Sun: more garden stuff before it lashed down then ate the lovingly prepared Tandoori Chicken I had made and left marinading since Sat then sat down to watch Golden Compass and Final Destination 2....

I really do like these weekends where I actually feel I have achieved something.... :oops::oops::oops:

Is this any good, its the Courteney Cox one isnt it?

:oops::lol::lol::lol:

So not only do you poor blokes get dragged round the shops all day then you have to put up with the post-shopping Fashion Show when all you want is some peace and quiet back in the comfort of your own home :lol:;)
Thank you :D
I had written half of that sentence you just wrote, then decided against it... but you've crystalized my thoughts perfectly! :lol:

Thank you :D
I had written half of that sentence you just wrote, then decided against it... but you've crystalized my thoughts perfectly! :lol:

:lol: You're stopping off in FLT before Ibiza aren't you, tell Irina that there's some ace bits in the downstairs vintage/designer bit of Top Shop ;) If you're lucky you may get a pre-holiday fashion show :lol:

Had a weekend of big feelings!

Woke up in Ibiza on Friday after having had a friend's hen night in F**k me and then dropping off another friend to the airport. Had a relaxed day by the villa pool and had some home made Nobu black cod for lunch.. mmm! Drinks and dinner in Trattoria del Sol then some more drinks back at the villa.

Saturday had to leave the villa at 10 so the lovely Bruce Parry invited us over to his place for the day. Popped in Blue Marlin for lunch and had a dip in the sea, then flew back to Blighty. Flight was delayed and our mate couldn't find his car at the airport parking. As I had another flight the next morning it seemed a some point to make more sense just staying at the airport rather than wandering around the car park :lol: Got home in the end though.

Sunday was moving back to Finland for the winter, 3 flights and 12-hour travel time. Thinking of the long months apart from the fella didn't make things any easier ;)

:lol: You're stopping off in FLT before Ibiza aren't you, tell Irina that there's some ace bits in the downstairs vintage/designer bit of Top Shop ;) If you're lucky you may get a pre-holiday fashion show :lol:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! 20 KG WEIGHT LIMIT!!!

Is this any good, its the Courteney Cox one isnt it?

I LOVE it - I hated her in Friends - but I love this character - its the second series that's on at the moment - the stories are way OTT but I enjoy it - its really got some funny moments....

Friday. Fitness.

Saturday. Brighton in the sun with a lemon curd, loveeeeelllllllly. Cracking day and night. Bought some new football boots, tres exciting.

Sunday. Went shopping for some new brogues, played football and watched Rise of the Footsoldier, okay, bit OTT especially as it is 'based' on a true story.

then the movies Wanted (crap)

Absolute shíte, hated this with quite a passion. Apparently, you can pretty much just make any random action film with no decent plot and providing it has a few CGI scenes and someone dies it will be a blockbuster. :spank:

fri went for a few drinks at my new local. It seems to be a bit of a muso place. Met a fella from pendulum and the drum tech for Coldplay. Buckley's mate Mr Hudson was there too. Good intentions went awol when a mobile hairdresser turned up. Went to top party.

Sat. A lovely day so we went for a swim in the pond on hamstead heath. The water was still pretty fresh! A wedding in the eve for an old school chum of mrs russ. I made polite conversation and ate sandwiches.

fri went for a few drinks at my new local. It seems to be a bit of a muso place. Met a fella from pendulum and the drum tech for Coldplay. Buckley's mate Mr Hudson was there too. Good intentions went awol when a mobile hairdresser turned up. Went to top party.

Sat. A lovely day so we went for a swim in the pond on hamstead heath. The water was still pretty fresh! A wedding in the eve for an old school chum of mrs russ. I made polite conversation and ate sandwiches.

Bet it wasnt a patch on the Tea Dance eh?????

Back