Weekend Rundowns

Sounds like a good 'un Russ. Which boozer - the old Progress Bar?

I wish(as that one is a 3min walk)
Its the Torriano which surprisingly is on Torriano Ave. The sad news is it looks like the freeholder is gonna sell the land to a house builder and another proper local boozer will be lost.

Fri - Shopping and R&R
Sat - Gym, family taxi man, then went to St. Albans to see some friends, couple of beers then train into FLT, went for food and to Heaven in Charing Cross for a comedy night, quality acts from the TNT group, haven't laughed so much in a long time.
Sun - Travelled home and played golf.

At the mudbath that was the Connect Festival on the banks of Loch Fyne.

Absolutely beautiful setting and loads of fun, despite the knee-deep mud and rain (hey, it's Scotland!). Much laughter and madness, plus great sets from the Manics, Sparks, Young Knives, Ivan Smagghe, Optimo and Hudson Mohawk.

Quite chuffed to have left without trench foot!

Friday: Trailer trash as usual then faffing about somewhere in dalson.

Sat: BBQ all day in london fields with lots of alcohol and then deciding that maybe going out was a good idea after all.. so went to old blue last to catch some bands (greatly enjoyed, keep forgetting how much I like incorporating live music into my weekends) whom I have no idea who they were but they were friends of friends, then onto tea bar until lateish then fabric for m.a.n.d.y who played a decent set. Fabric the usual mix of horrendous crowd but a sound system to die for.. onto jaded afterwards for no apparent reason but to carry on, crowd far too pikey so left...

Sunday: slept all day through the rain :twisted::lol:

came back from week away walking/photography down on Exmoor & Gloucs. Spent 2 days wallowing how ****e it is to be back in the South East!

Had a weekend of big feelings!

Woke up in Ibiza on Friday after having had a friend's hen night in F**k me and then dropping off another friend to the airport. Had a relaxed day by the villa pool and had some home made Nobu black cod for lunch.. mmm! Drinks and dinner in Trattoria del Sol then some more drinks back at the villa.

Saturday had to leave the villa at 10 so the lovely Bruce Parry invited us over to his place for the day. Popped in Blue Marlin for lunch and had a dip in the sea, then flew back to Blighty. Flight was delayed and our mate couldn't find his car at the airport parking. As I had another flight the next morning it seemed a some point to make more sense just staying at the airport rather than wandering around the car park :lol: Got home in the end though.

Sunday was moving back to Finland for the winter, 3 flights and 12-hour travel time. Thinking of the long months apart from the fella didn't make things any easier ;)

brrrrrrrrrr........il fait froid!!

sorry i missed you petra, à la prochaine!

Back