Weekend Rundowns

mambobirdette

Friday Night: Popped into Revolution Bar for a quick drink at about 8pm, there was nobody in there at all and no DJ. We left after one drink anyway because we were supposed to be at a charity function at some little run down pub in B'ham City Centre with Joeys old work colleagues for a memorial of someone that had passed away. Stayed until about 10.30 and then decided to go to Bambu. Bambu was also very quiet so we left at about 11.30 and went back home.

Saturday: Had a nice lie in and then went into Sutton Coldfield for a bit of Christmas shopping and a coffee. It was lovely to see all the Christmas things in the shops, really getting me in the mood. On the way home we went to see Bridget Jones at Star City. Really enjoyed it.

Sunday: Another nice lie in and then went for Sunday Carvery at a little pub that had no staff. So 45 mins waiting when there were tables that were actually free anyway. Popped to the shops to do a bit of fun shopping and then popped over to my moms to find she wasnt in so went back home.

Higlight of the weekend: Recieving a lovely big bunch of flowers from Joey on Saturday and yesterday we bought Marvin a groovy new cat collar thats lime green and got diamondy bits on, he looks soooo gay :lol:. He woke us up this morning at 6.15 having a cat fight with another cat outside. Maybe the other cat was picking on him because of his collar :lol:

Friday: Natacha Atlas concert @ La Paloma. Very disappointing, she only singed 5 songs :evil: After the concert we stayed at la Paloma till 5, not best music I ever heard but it was a laugh.

Saturday: Spent all day in the sofa trying to recollect my braincells and put them in action around 8, that I went to the stadium. Arribed to Camp Nou at 8.30, didn't arrive to my sit before 9,15 and had the best footy night ever :D How beautiful looked Camp Nou, how good is the team and how pathetic looked Madrid, with all the galactics disapeared... By the way, did Becckham play? ;) Didn't go out after the macht, we were broken from the day before

Sunday: Long sleep, sunday roast with champagne and just sofa and films :D

FANTASTIC! :D

I am smiling like the proverbial cheshire cat here .... Last night was the first time we've been out since Southport .. not just because of working weekends but also, because I just didnt think anything could ever make me feel as good as I felt at Southport.

However ... right from the start, sat drinking with friends, Mike playing some of his old vinyl ... "Juuust a touch of loveee ........." to dancing along to old house anthems at a working man's club .... ending with Hustle ...

We got there ten minutes into their set but The Slammin Boys had that crowd in the palms of their hands .... I'm a bit of a numbnuts at tunes at times, and can instantly recognise a tune but feck knows who by, however these guys played hardly anything recognisible and the crowd were LOVING IT !!! Deep house mixed with a soulful vibe with a harder edge to it .... Jill Scott's Golden was in there somewhere .....

Mark and Jamie had a fantastic rapport with the crowd - who were well rewarded non stop, full set !!!

Didn't stop dancing once .. not even in the toilets !!

Quality club, quality night ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Friday out for drinks round Clapham.

Saturday daytime did shopping and stuff, then met birthday boy Jon for some drinks in Soho, then me and Tom went to Egg. First time I had been to Egg, lovely club but the crowd leaves a lot to be desired - full of geezer blokes drinking pints and on the pull :rolleyes:

Krysko was excellent, proper boompety boomp stuff, Greg Vickers produced the goods as per normal as well.

Left at end of night cos knew we had some mushrooms left in the fridge from the wkend before when we never actually made it home :rolleyes: When we checked the fridge the mushrooms had started to go a bit mouldy and Tom thought we shouldn't eat them :eek: I was like 'Tom stop being such a southern softie, just eat them, a bit of mould never hurt anyone' :lol: Then I got worried that the mould might distract from the mushrooms working :confused: but 15 minutes later I was sat in the middle of the floor watching all my books dancing for me so I can assume they were working :lol:

Rest of the day spent on the rose, all in all a great wkend :D

Fri: Picked up a girl I'v started to see from the train Station, then spent the evening in drinking wine :D

Sat: Lazy day at mine all day (who needs to get out of bed :D ), then went out for dinner then to the cinema to see Bridget Jones at night...very funny film :D

Sun: Another lazy day at mine, got up around 5pm-ish, then had to wave farewell at the station :cry: :cry:

Very nice weekend 8) ;) :D

Friday - Paul wined and dined me in Ikea :lol: :lol: and went to Sainsburys, do you know they do miniture drink pink, I was so excited, they're so cute, hand bag size so you can have a swig anywhere :lol: :lol:

Saturday - Got up way too early, 6.30, to take Pauls car to where ever :rolleyes: bit of family visiting, then off to Kinky Saturday night. Really didnt want to go, it was just too cold, and I was too tired, however, after a shower and a lil pick-me-up I was ready for a night out :D Was freezing all night :( and the audiowhores were playing and they were shite, grant richards played previous to them, and really bought it up to chunky tunes, then they come on and go all fluffy, except for their last song of Pump up the Jam :eek: what the funk is that all about :rolleyes: spent the night in good company, so wasn't all bad :D :D

Sunday - Spent it the way we usually do after going out :D in bed by 7.30 and couldn't get any sleep :cry:

Cant wait to get home this evening :p

IBIZALISA said:
Friday - Paul wined and dined me in Ikea :lol: :lol: and went to Sainsburys, do you know they do miniture drink pink, I was so excited, they're so cute, hand bag size so you can have a swig anywhere :lol: :lol:

Miniature pinks are the way forward.......much more classy than filling a water bottle up with rose :lol:

Barbie said:
Looks fab Sil, I thought of you when we got in and Tom checked the results, I had a few roses to toast you ;)

It was great, Babs :D Who needs "sweets" when you can have an exploding moment just watching Etó'o :lol: :lol:

Barbie said:
IBIZALISA said:

Miniature pinks are the way forward.......much more classy than filling a water bottle up with rose :lol:

Baby Pink - Its the future :lol:

Fri: Went to see Akufen (at last!) at the CCA in Glasgow. He was good, but not brilliant. I think I'd hyped it up too much beforehand. Up until about 1.45am (it was on until 3am) it was very pre-club and didn't get me in the mood for dancing. Had a good chat though although ended up rather drunk, not helped by the evil Jagermeister!

Let just before the end and headed to a mate's party which was lovely. However the music was ridulously loud though so it came as no surprise when the police popped by at about 6am and threatened to take all the equipment. So we went back to ours and played about on my lovely new decks.

Sat: Long lie in and went to a dodgy Glasgow pub to watch Man City vs. Portsmouth. Bizarre atmosphere after the Old Firm game.

Sun: Cocktails and watched Spirited Away on DVD - which resulted in some pretty surreal dreams!

My weekend was fabulous since BarÇa Madrid, I am a fan of Madrid, so you can imagine. Well the true is that they deserve it, there are playing very bad. Silvia, ayyyyyyyyyyyy Florentino why the hell you left go Eto'o? I know it his just interested in stars.
Well sunday non existence.
En fin , siempre nos quedara Madrid BarÇa

Flew to New York on Thursday with some mates to see other mates... :D :D :D

Went to Cielo on Thursday night...a bar/club combo...very nice inside...a sort of retro 70's meet Flash Gordon... 8) 8) ...we had a table where you order bottles of vodka... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Music was good...a sort of electro thing going on...we were absolutely hammered...do they have dealers in NYC clubs ??? :confused: :confused:

Unfortunately the weekend went rapidly downhill as I got a stomach bug on the Friday and spent most of the weekend crouching over various porcelain basins...not pleasant... :evil: :evil:

Reports from the rest of my mates indicate that Crobar is ok but full of meatheads...the afterparty at Discotech (apparently the only one in NYC :confused: :cry: :cry: ) was ok.

Rumours of the death of NYC nightlife are indeed true... :cry: :cry:...however the bar/lounge scene remains excellent... :D :D

Friday went around to Alex's to watch a film, Saturday had lunch in saaarrf london, Saturday night Sync came over to watch another film. Yesterday went to Columbia Rd and Spitalfiends and put a deposit down on a painting I liked :D
Last night went to Ziegfrid which looked like it was full of people that hadn't been to bed all weekend so I felt very virtuous lol. Ended up at Golf Sale where Princess Superstar was djing, very 'hoxton' crowd - lots of white stillettos and legwarmers, and that was just the men :eek: :lol:

F*** All - been in bed since last Wed night with flu........ back at work today Been snorting Beechams Powders like no body's business :evil: :evil:

Friday - Couple of bottles of wine and a nice dinner at home

Sat - Another win at footy - 10 games, 10 wins so far this season!!! Evevning - went to see "Batboy: The Musical" - good entertainment if not particularly taxing.

Sun - sprayed green slate chippings over the front garden, but ran out after Homebase had closed :twisted: . Got some slate in my eye too, which was nice. Then some mates turned up from oop North, So... having been very healthy all weekend, I got on the beers and consequently feel fairly delicate today.

Eyes down for So... this Friday! :D 8)

Back