Weekend Reports

Funny enough, you came up in half-time despatches. Remember Chris (Strong, I think) who knocked about with Bruce in Ibiza? Ran into him and his mate (also recognised from Ibiza but his name escapes me) and they mentioned Bruce and your goodself.

Small world, eh? Then again there was loads of people I'd never met before too. Big world, eh?

yeah, Chris and his crowd were all pitched up with us at Glastonbury last year - I think it'll be the same this year as well ! They love a good party those boys !

yeah, Chris and his crowd were all pitched up with us at Glastonbury last year - I think it'll be the same this year as well ! They love a good party those boys !

Ha ha, Yeah, they invited us for a beer after but felt the need to offer unsolicited reassurance that they were only having a couple, honest.:lol:

Marrakech...

Stayed here: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-3569-sofitel-marrakech-lounge-and-spa/index.shtml

Went here Fri: http://bo-zin.com/

Here Sat (Dar Yakout... awesome live Gnawa music... love the Sintir (?) bass...):

dar-yacout-marrakech.jpg

Wandered around the souks & main square. We got lost en route & saw a very gritty side of the place. Young kids in rags with gouged out eyes begging in the streets... barely a 10 min walk from 5* hotels surrounded by Bentleys & Ferarris. Very sad to see...

Second time I've been & would definitely go back. Decent weather for this time of year & a truly buzzing place.

Marrakech...

Stayed here: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-3569-sofitel-marrakech-lounge-and-spa/index.shtml

Here Sat (Dar Yakout... awesome live Gnawa music... love the Sintir (?) bass...):

dar-yacout-marrakech.jpg

Wandered around the souks & main square. We got lost en route & saw a very gritty side of the place. Young kids in rags with gouged out eyes begging in the streets... barely a 10 min walk from 5* hotels surrounded by Bentleys & Ferarris. Very sad to see...

Second time I've been & would definitely go back. Decent weather for this time of year & a truly buzzing place.

Ok so i now wana go here 8)
That looks well plush :D spanked the ar$e outta my weekend, thats for sure :lol:

Mine was good, saw my friends new baby on Saturday (10lb 1 - luckily she had a c section :eek::lol:) he is very cute and the change in her is remarkable, but in a good way.

Sunday involved lunch out (as a treat to each other) and then had dinner out with some family friends, all in all a good weekend.

Mine was good, saw my friends new baby on Saturday (10lb 1 - luckily she had a c section :eek::lol:) he is very cute and the change in her is remarkable, but in a good way.

Sunday involved lunch out (as a treat to each other) and then had dinner out with some family friends, all in all a good weekend.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: how big??? jeez you could feed a family of 8 if that was a Turkey! :lol:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: how big??? jeez you could feed a family of 8 if that was a Turkey! :lol:

The last few weeks he seemed to grow rapidly - they told her the week she was due that he was 9lb 14 so she went to high risk case (she is tiny!) but they were willing to let her give birth naturally but she had a c section booked for the week after - good job I say! Can you imagine?? Actually best not to.........:eek::lol::lol:

The last few weeks he seemed to grow rapidly - they told her the week she was due that he was 9lb 14 so she went to high risk case (she is tiny!) but they were willing to let her give birth naturally but she had a c section booked for the week after - good job I say! Can you imagine?? Actually best not to.........:eek::lol::lol:

hahahahahahaha :lol:

Marrakech...

dar-yacout-marrakech.jpg

I've been to that hotel back about 5 years ago! I think it's close to the Jad Mahal bar?

Do they still do the hookah pipes in the bar downstairs with the Piano?

Love Marrakech, sounds like you had a great time!

I've been to that hotel back about 5 years ago! I think it's close to the Jad Mahal bar?

Do they still do the hookah pipes in the bar downstairs with the Piano?

Love Marrakech, sounds like you had a great time!

yep - still there... everything perfect except very slow service... place an order... they stroll over an hour later with something completely diff... stress/haste is something they don't do...

I agree... I went last year and was amazed to see the difference between the rich and poor. You have the Marriots, Sofitels and expensive "traditional" restaurants, then walk round the corner and you have kids living on the street, people with next to nothing to live on.

I hope everyone who goes to these kind of places tries to help the local ecomony as much as possible - i.e dont just stick to the Western hotels or the fancy restaurants with the belly dancers coming in at the end... stay in an authentic Riad, or eat in one of the REAL traditional restaurants away from the tourist areas. A tagine should really cost about £1.50 - not £15 as most tourist restaurants charge :eek:

The amount of silver haired, perma-tanned tour groups I saw being whisked around town in aircon minivans was quite disturbing. They didn't stop long enough to see the grimey side of Morocco!

what about?

cant really remember the details but she seemed intent on talking to me and offering me the standard cookbook whilst i was eating my banana. I then launched into abit of a rant about the joys of atheism which went to and fro for a while before she said "I cant carry on this conversation with you"

cant really remember the details but she seemed intent on talking to me and offering me the standard cookbook whilst i was eating my banana. I then launched into abit of a rant about the joys of atheism which went to and fro for a while before she said "I cant carry on this conversation with you"

:D

don't fk with the krishnas, man

bad energy

or as this toilet graffiti once said

'my karma will run over your dogma'

Back