Weekend Reports!

Morbyd

You know it's a quiet Monday on the forum if we had a Weekend Plans thread before we even shared our weekend rundowns :lol:

Friday - Met up for drinks at a Mexican place. Went to the ExpoCenter for a bit arena-type party with Gorillaz Sound System and Layo & Bushwacka. The Gorillaz act was hooooooooorible. Nearly unbearable. Cleared out half the venue. L & B came on and rocked it but by then no one was in the mood. Decamped to Soho Rooms to meet up with various other members of our gang. From there to Krysha Mira for afterhours where I had a short chat with Erick Morillo, who was absolutely loving the place (wish I'd gone to ForbesClub earlier for his set rather than the other party)

Saturday - Watched the Reds sink the Mancs :lol: Met up with the crew for drinks at Clumba. Decided to "go slumming" and headed over to the sadly devolved Fabrique. Music and crowd were hellish. Went to Pacha for Bert Bevans but one of our crew got face-controlled :( so then to another cheesefest of a club called Barhat. Not long there before we traced our steps from the night before via Soho Rooms to Krysha.

Sunday - Watched the Blues sink the Mancs :lol: Edited a bunch of video for the missus.

Friday - quick drink after work and then back to mine for Comic Relief (even though I said I would boycott it) and some snacks

Saturday - shopping, way over spent in H&M and New Look but just couldnt resist :lol:, 2 new tops, new shoes, new pants :lol:. Evening out was a meal with a couple we know, went to what we thought was a chinese buffet (I am not a big fan but went along with it) but when we got there it was actually chinese, indian, thai AND italian. It was too much to take in, was like being on an all inclusive holiday :?:lol: we managed 2 dishes and that was it. Then back to their flat for more drinks and Michael McIntyre DVD.

Sunday - popped out in the morning, glorious sunshine, and then the BFs nephew 1st bday party, wayyy too much party food (think party rings and sausage rolls:confused:)

Off work today feeling slightly sick and "blocked" up :cry::lol:

I took on my annual Vauxhall 'experiment' on Sunday morning...have been waking up very early of late so I thought some breakfast clubbing might be in order. It's also nice to check that it's all 'still there' as I left that place behind ages ago. ;)

From a voyeuristic perspective I'm really glad I went. The G casualties never fail to shock...it's got much worse than when I used to go. In the queue alone I saw four people get carried out by security (one on a stretcher). The music was AWFUL. They played the same old sh!t from five years ago (boy I'm falling down, come on make your move on me, so many times all featured - usually 'trendy' electro/minimal reworks - groan) in ALL three rooms. The people were generally fit but too clean (lacking ruggedness and personality behind the pouting) and podium dancers were intensely annoying.

I did meet some nice people including a lovely tranny...but if anyone's thinking of giving it a go - don't.

Aside from that, a lovely weekend was had! :lol:

Fri: Free 3 course meal and free wine - owed to me and my mate from a restaurant in Newcastle after suffering at their hands with appalling timing problems last time we went - brilliant night - such a laugh and so lovely to sit in a beer garden with a chill and a crisp cold glass of wine before heading to restaurant - its nearly Spring - v. excited :lol::lol::lol:

Phil picked me up and we went via a friends for a little pick me up.... home to more wine and an pretty crap film called Taken - :confused:

Sat: got called into work for a couple of hours then went shopping for garden stuff. Dinner and wine and RocknRolla Guy Ritchie Film - loved it!! Toby Kebbell is a great actor 8) not seen any of his stuff before...

Sun: Garden all day and I ache to buggery - I spent until about 6pm last night picking splinters out of my hands and fingers :lol::lol::lol: Cooked a late Sunday Lunch and then monged with the papers..

I loved my weekend - I feel spring is in the air!! :lol::lol: 8)

Hello everyone, long time no post, greetings from Laos, hope everyone is happy and full of beans :lol:

We've got free internet access so trying to (unsuccessfully!!) upload some photos while Tom is in the room watching the Asian equivalent to Sky Sports News :lol:

Ooh weekend rundowns:

Fri - Spent the day 'tubing' down the river in Vieng Vang, at night drunk the most 'wrong' (ie so right :lol:) 'happy shakes' we've ever had in our life :eek::eek::eek::lol:

Sat - loved Friday so much that we repeated Friday's antics so more :eek::eek::eek::lol:

Sun - minivan to Vietiane to chill for a couple of days

Mon - (another :confused:) day on the Beer Lao - I appear to have replaced my wine addition with a beer addiction

Hi to everyone, we fly to Vietnam tomorrow, speak soon, love Mrs S xxxx

Hello everyone, long time no post, greetings from Laos, hope everyone is happy and full of beans :lol:

We've got free internet access so trying to (unsuccessfully!!) upload some photos while Tom is in the room watching the Asian equivalent to Sky Sports News :lol:

Ooh weekend rundowns:

Fri - Spent the day 'tubing' down the river in Vieng Vang, at night drunk the most 'wrong' (ie so right :lol:) 'happy shakes' we've ever had in our life :eek::eek::eek::lol:

Sat - loved Friday so much that we repeated Friday's antics so more :eek::eek::eek::lol:

Sun - minivan to Vietiane to chill for a couple of days

Mon - (another :confused:) day on the Beer Lao - I appear to have replaced my wine addition with a beer addiction

Hi to everyone, we fly to Vietnam tomorrow, speak soon, love Mrs S xxxx

Are these the "special" happy shakes we were talking about months ago with "added" ingredients??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So sorry to hear about the doggie and the poor baby goat - evil drivers over there!!! :spank: you must have been traumatised!!

Ha ha... that website belongs to my Aussie friend, one of my regular party crew (was out with him all night Sat. and the latter part of Fri. night). His review is very much a reflection of his clubbing tastes & priorities :lol:

Krysha is definitely better than Pacha Moscow... better than almost any club in town, really. The face-control isn't half as tough as it used to be and no more passwords (which is why I'm there so often nowadays :lol:). The progressive house and techno resident DJs are all top notch. The view from the rooftop dancefloor across the river at sunrise is breathtaking.

When I usually get there between 5 and 6, the place is pumping. I haven't stayed past 9 in a while (getting old) but it used to go on into the afternoon on a good night.

When I bumped into Morillo on my way out on Saturday morning, he said he was in awe of the place. 8)

Are these the "special" happy shakes we were talking about months ago with "added" ingredients??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So sorry to hear about the doggie and the poor baby goat - evil drivers over there!!! :spank: you must have been traumatised!!

Hello hello lovely, these are extra extra extra special 'happy shakes' - I don't know what I can say on here these days but w___, m______ and o________ :eek::lol::lol::lol:

Steph I cried so much after the dog, Tom said it ran away but it made such an awful noise then I think he might have been trying to save my feelings :cry: I am bringing you back 5429534876 Asian dogs, a few elephants and bears ;)

Have you booked SW4 tickets, my organiser back home :lol: has informed me that he's got ours so hopefully see you then xxxx

much love sar, hope all is cool darling:D:D:D:D xx

hola hola, life is just wonderful, will mail you properly when we're somewhere where internet doesn't keep crashing every 2 minutes :spank::lol: hope you and your lovely family are all well xxxx

Hello hello lovely, these are extra extra extra special 'happy shakes' - I don't know what I can say on here these days but w___, m______ and o________ :eek::lol::lol::lol:

Steph I cried so much after the dog, Tom said it ran away but it made such an awful noise then I think he might have been trying to save my feelings :cry: I am bringing you back 5429534876 Asian dogs, a few elephants and bears ;)

Have you booked SW4 tickets, my organiser back home :lol: has informed me that he's got ours so hopefully see you then xxxx

No wonder you needed extra "extra special happy shakes - ****, W, M AND O????? :D:eek::lol::lol::lol:

Glists sorted for SW4 - mission accomplished - see you there for a roll around??
xxx

The face-control isn't half as tough

When I bumped into Morillo on my way out on Saturday morning, he said he was in awe of the place. 8)

A few Q's if If you could indulge me.

Is face control as simple as you have to be a stunner to get in, or .... what?

Was Morillo there DJ'ing or social? And final question (!) what is so good about the place?

Me

Mostly stayed in, watched footy - went the pub, usual kind of jazz.

Oh decided flights etc for my return trip to Goa and this time also Kerala 8)

Off clubbing this saturday to Area51 in Manchester - anyone been?

Was Morillo there DJ'ing or social? And final question (!) what is so good about the place?

obviously you don't have to be a stunner to get in, else how come morby morbs had no trouble.

Friday - gym then picked my boy up from school who was dressed in his new Venom/Spiderman costume which was a struggle to get him out of, he wouldn't even remove the mask!! Anyway we went to the park and then food shopping which consisted of fruit and chocolate and fruit corners and some milk shakes!!

Saturday - cinema for Bolt which was ok, then lunch then my boy decided to put his foot in a drain and ruin his trainers silly sod so new trainers was the order of the day!! Went to the park and then just smashed each other to pieces in Spiderman versus Sandman versus Venom royal rumble. I lost. Watched the boxing which was ok. Not worth a commodore though.

Sunday - park then I took my boy out for a bike ride and then for lunch. Got home at 1 and he crashed out for 4 hours! Job done! Took him home at 6 and he just kept moaning how his legs were sore!! Got a curry and watched Yellowstone and then The Departed.

Today - girls back from Scotland so had day off and we went to the park to enjoy the sun and met up with my boy, then hit pizza express for early evening meal.

Nice weekend lovely weather.

Pups - SW4 also accomplished so see you there.

Face control depends on the venue. I've learned it's a necessary evil in Moscow... although one wonders what places like Ministry of Sound or Matter would be like if they kept some of the riff-raff out.

For some clubs, it's the beautiful people. For others, it's just regular serious clubbing folk (which can really piss off the beautiful people when they can't get in :lol:). Pacha Moscow actually has 2 guys - one to let in beautiful people and the other to let in serious regular clubbing people :lol: Usually, it's just a matter of being a regular on the scene and getting to know the rotating cast of guys that work the doors at various clubs.

Morillo was at Krysha Mira socializing. He played earlier in the evening at ForbesClub.

What's so great about the place? Hard to say... it's just got a really fun vibe. It's in an abandoned red brick factory...I believe it turned out pencils, of all things! The main dancefloor is on the roof (krysha)... when it opened 2 summers ago it was open air but then they enclosed it with a glass wall and covered it with a semi-permanent canvas tent so that it could work year round (also built a 2nd dancefloor and chill-out room downstairs), but they left a big terrace outside the glass walls so you can pop outside for some air too. There is something magic about watching the sun rise from up there.

Jade Jagger, Smokin' Jo, "Ibiza's Coolest Guy" and now Erick are just a few of the people that have shown up on nights when I've been there. I used to enjoy more underground morning haunts like Mix (rip), Garage or Papparazi but now that I can consistently get pass the door it's all about Krysha in the mornings...

Had a great weekend!

My daughter's christening on Sunday, so lthere was lots to prepare.

I saw lots of my oldest and dearest friends who travelled from near and far. It was great to see them all and touching that so many came. My missus baked 150 cupcakes of various flavours for the guests and we had a great venue for the party afterwards (including the Balloon man who the kids loved). A great time was had by all!

8):lol:

Friday - didnt get out of bed till 3pm o_O, my day of work and i love being a lazy cow! relaxed in the bath, as ya do, dinner...bla bla bla. Spent 2 hours getting ready to go to my local nightclub :) I live 5 mins up the road so im so lucky...its called Amadeus...but we like to nickname it 'Ama-dangerous' and 'Chav-adeus'. But i love the sticky floors and grimmy walls none the less. Its one of the only night clubs iv found near me where you can dance like noones watching. I HATE posey clubs o_O! Stumbled home at 3am closing time...

Saturday - Woke up on my mates sofa at 2pm. Apparently i hadnt wanted the night to end so walked past my own house, 2 miles to hers -.- I also had left my car parked outside Amadangerous so had to somehow get home change clothes and then sneak out before my dad relised id left my car outside a night club -.-! Boring saturday other than weighting myself once again and relising id lost ANOTHER 3 pounds :) iv lost 17 pounds in total now ;p gettin slim for my Ibiza holiday this year :)

Sunday - woke up at as respectable 10am... helped my Ma cook sunday lunch ...then family decided it would be nice to do a lil walk around the local Park thing/huge maze like woods near our home. We ended up walking on the 6mile path instead of the 2 mile path. By the end i wanted to DIE...im not made for the outdoors. After a well erned bath i collapsed infront of the telly to X-men (wolverine - dribble)

And there you have it...One weekend in my boring life

xXx

Back