Weekend Reports!

:)

when did you see him ?
Almost exactly a year ago.
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1197605&postcount=60

ps:
do you have any idea what kind of an area this adress is ?

125009 moscow, b. dimitrovka

good or dirty+rotten :lol: ??
Right in the center of town, just one block east of the main street. Bolshaya Dmitrovka starts between the State Duma (parliament) and the Bolshoi Theater and runs north several blocks to Pushkin Square. Lots of cafes along there, and the Federation Council (upper house of parliament)

Why??

Fri: Free 3 course meal and free wine - owed to me and my mate from a restaurant in Newcastle after suffering at their hands with appalling timing problems last time we went - brilliant night - such a laugh and so lovely to sit in a beer garden with a chill and a crisp cold glass of wine before heading to restaurant - its nearly Spring - v. excited :lol::lol::lol:

Phil picked me up and we went via a friends for a little pick me up.... home to more wine and an pretty crap film called Taken - :confused:

Sat: got called into work for a couple of hours then went shopping for garden stuff. Dinner and wine and RocknRolla Guy Ritchie Film - loved it!! Toby Kebbell is a great actor 8) not seen any of his stuff before...

Sun: Garden all day and I ache to buggery - I spent until about 6pm last night picking splinters out of my hands and fingers :lol::lol::lol: Cooked a late Sunday Lunch and then monged with the papers..

I loved my weekend - I feel spring is in the air!! :lol::lol: 8)

I loved this too :lol: I want to see it again. The BF wasnt impressed, said "its trying too hard to be Lock Stock" :rolleyes::lol:

16hixbl.jpg

two guys i know moved there in 2009 ... they sometimes call me
in the early morninghours (mostly with very loud music in the background)
and are always enthusiastic about moscow (amazing vibe, parties, clubs, people -
especially the women) ...

Face control depends on the venue. I've learned it's a necessary evil in Moscow... although one wonders what places like Ministry of Sound or Matter would be like if they kept some of the riff-raff out.

For some clubs, it's the beautiful people. For others, it's just regular serious clubbing folk (which can really piss off the beautiful people when they can't get in :lol:). Pacha Moscow actually has 2 guys - one to let in beautiful people and the other to let in serious regular clubbing people :lol: Usually, it's just a matter of being a regular on the scene and getting to know the rotating cast of guys that work the doors at various clubs.

Morillo was at Krysha Mira socializing. He played earlier in the evening at ForbesClub.

What's so great about the place? Hard to say... it's just got a really fun vibe. It's in an abandoned red brick factory...I believe it turned out pencils, of all things! The main dancefloor is on the roof (krysha)... when it opened 2 summers ago it was open air but then they enclosed it with a glass wall and covered it with a semi-permanent canvas tent so that it could work year round (also built a 2nd dancefloor and chill-out room downstairs), but they left a big terrace outside the glass walls so you can pop outside for some air too. There is something magic about watching the sun rise from up there.

Jade Jagger, Smokin' Jo, "Ibiza's Coolest Guy" and now Erick are just a few of the people that have shown up on nights when I've been there. I used to enjoy more underground morning haunts like Mix (rip), Garage or Papparazi but now that I can consistently get pass the door it's all about Krysha in the mornings...

cheers for the comprehensive reply!

I'm interested as in Manchester there is basically no such thing as exclusive in that sense - i'm pleased to say that the northern uk mentality tends to dictate against it.

then again you could argue that it exists, and it is even worse in that its solely about cash - i'd prefer a russian super model or a fashion designer to an orange woman from cheshire with a bottle of moet. a big distinction exists as in most uk spots between music lovers in the likes of sankeys and the footballers etc in the circle club (which is a desperate, soulless, money talks hovel) who would not know a good tune if it pissed on their back.

Does not appear to be any cross over. Good tunes and an exclusive crowd ala that there moscow place. and before you suggest it i do know my way around the city and at least some of its people!

London equally seems to revolve around cash rather than anything else? does it?

anyway, off on one again!

Had a great weekend!

My daughter's christening on Sunday, so lthere was lots to prepare.

I saw lots of my oldest and dearest friends who travelled from near and far. It was great to see them all and touching that so many came. My missus baked 150 cupcakes of various flavours for the guests and we had a great venue for the party afterwards (including the Balloon man who the kids loved). A great time was had by all!

8):lol:

Excellent. Got my little girls on May 3rd. Quite looking forward to it.

However I have to attend a couple of services to be seen by the old vicar. Let him know I attend regulary. Surely a long un would have done, a little contribution to the charity of his choice. Will have to have a word with the reverand, can't be missing out on Sunday Supplement.

Back