Weekend Plans

Absolutely blown away by Junction 2 this year.
Seems they've again taken on board a lot of the complaints. Crowd was better this year, still a number of wreckheads, but the mood felt much lighter than last year.
Free water taps. Drinks were standard prices (for a London festival). Food was decent.

The Warehouse again hands down was the best arena for me. That's 3 years in a row of it being the best arena. Dax J and Amelie Lens
both demolished the place

Took is easy, didn't drink etc, and then had a productive Sunday. Visited Alexandra Palace market, and had a genuinely relaxed Sunday. Not often I can say that :lol:

Absolutely blown away by Junction 2 this year.
Seems they've again taken on board a lot of the complaints. Crowd was better this year, still a number of wreckheads, but the mood felt much lighter than last year.
Free water taps. Drinks were standard prices (for a London festival). Food was decent.

The Warehouse again hands down was the best arena for me. That's 3 years in a row of it being the best arena. Dax J and Amelie Lens
both demolished the place

Took is easy, didn't drink etc, and then had a productive Sunday. Visited Alexandra Palace market, and had a genuinely relaxed Sunday. Not often I can say that :lol:

That sounds incredibly grown up!! But there’s nothing better than a hangover free Sunday sometimes :)

Im not one to be holding a cell phone in my hands a lot, especially at a concert or dance event, but Ill try to shoot some good close up footage of JM and report back :)

First of all, I had NO IDEA that I would be the only one over the age of 25 attending this festival, 12000 people and me and the girl I was with had 20 years on everyone. Every half hour or so kids would walk up to us and say things like "are you a dj?" or "awe, you guys are cute, still partying huh?"

Second, I now know what some of the people here are talking about when they hate on "techouse" This is what they call it anyways, its not techouse to me.......its borderline full on techno......Justin played it, Chris lake played it, everyone played it........its not house, its not happy, its dark and monotonous.....I wasn't happy with the music at all..........I didn't even wonder into the main stage area at all, I could hear Satan crawling thru the earth being summoned by the dub-step.

Although I expected a different sound from Justin, I can understand his set was playing for the crowd...........late teens, early 20's dancers who love their rave costumes (so.........much........ass) and ravy techy music.........there was no soul feeding music to be found on this day. I wouldn't say Justin's set was bad, it was def the bounciest of the day, I can just do without the massive drops and rave like siren sounds on every single track.

Green Velvet played as expected, and he actually brought more happy and bouncy vibe than I anticipated........Ive seen him dozens of times, but this time was underwhelming. I couldn't distinguish his sound from the previous three jockeys.

Third.......my friend is 50, shes never seen any big DJ's before, and I turned her on to GV, and house music.......she has also never done molly, so I gave her (what I thought) was a half dose in a zig zag parachute, and I had my zig zag with my BIG dose.

She ended up getting my dose, and I had hers..........I never caught a buzz, and she wanted to go dance to dub-step lol.

Drinks were super cheap, so I hung out close to the bar.......the young ones were not drinking really, so there was never a line up for my disappointed sober ass to get another redbull and vodka. :)

Back