Weekend Plans

We Are FSTVL has been shit for years, stupidly busy line ups, short sets, rip off experience - £10 for set times ?

Just seen at least 1 stage isn’t safe so the line ups all over the place now and loads of DJs have been told not to come. Shambles

It was pretty awful all round. I left today at 3, and it was just confusion all over the site

Spent an amazing weekend down in Whitstabel. Top weather, drinks, food, pubs and bands. Topped off with £105 worth of Papa Johns

Wearefstvl was poor for me Saturday I didn't enjoy it at all

I managed to miss those 3hr queues as I got to the venue about 12:30 and waited about 30mins. you may have read that there was a shortage of wristbands but this wasn't why people were waiting in my opinion....
You had 10 lines going into one single file as a sniffer dog was sniffing each and every person going through and it was super slow.... Super slow because every 3rd person was being pulled up and questioned because the dog took an interest so while that happened the dog handler would wait and then start up again once they were ready to go again.

There wasn't much choice of alcohol at the bar and the cheapest drink was.... a 330ml can of Kopparberg at £6.50 ffs. A single JD and coke was £8. You would have to spend £40 to get tipsy

The portaloo's as well were awful, no bog roll in any of them and no hand sanitizer

The sound system at the cutting headz tent lacked any lows and it was of course fighting again the 20k people all talking to each other

Not going back to a U.K festival this year tomorrowland in July for me

I managed to miss those 3hr queues as I got to the venue about 12:30 and waited about 30mins. you may have read that there was a shortage of wristbands but this wasn't why people were waiting in my opinion....
You had 10 lines going into one single file as a sniffer dog was sniffing each and every person going through and it was super slow.... Super slow because every 3rd person was being pulled up and questioned because the dog took an interest so while that happened the dog handler would wait and then start up again once they were ready to go again.

There wasn't much choice of alcohol at the bar and the cheapest drink was.... a 330ml can of Kopparberg at £6.50 ffs. A single JD and coke was £8. You would have to spend £40 to get tipsy

The portaloo's as well were awful, no bog roll in any of them and no hand sanitizer

The sound system at the cutting headz tent lacked any lows and it was of course fighting again the 20k people all talking to each other

looked pretty w@nk to me on stuff I've seen online
Much prefer smaller venues now

Yeah, I’d echo all of that, but add that the security once inside was shocking. No visible security on site, massive amounts of open drug dealing, no attempts to hide it, I saw several knives being waved about, people getting robbed and pretty much zero first aid support. All in all, along with the horredousness on Saturday afternoon in the queue, it felt like a pretty dangerous place to be

Enjoyed Coxy at the Steelyard, big crowd but not a sellout so lots of room to move. Drinks were a ripoff but whats new?

Seemed to be no issues with the organisation or the security, but we did arrive at teatime and a lot got there early. Nice tribute to Keith Flint at the end also.

Never heard or seen anything other than absolutely terrible things about werfstvl, wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

I've only just realised how much form the guy who runs it has. He was fleecing punters and knocking DJs as the promotion 'Wildchild' 15 years ago. The highlight was 'Wildchild Outside' which was meant to be in Shoreditch Park, but was suddenly inside at Canvas et al, with no refunds, DJs pulling out as not paid. Transpired he never had a licence for an event in the park......

Steelyard was good this weekend.

Found the drinks prices to be ok, for a London festival (£5.50 for a 500ml can, £10 for a double vodka redbull (ok, cheap for London)).

Prydz was a let down. Holo was ok, but nothing to write home about. Looks better on youtube than in person. Would of been nice if he ventured off of his 'greatest hits' occasionally, but I guess that's what you go to see.

Space pres. Carl Cox was a good day, danced a lot more on Sunday. First time I'd seen either Nic Fanciulli or Steve Lawler, and really enjoyed both of them. Missed Eats Everything, but guess I'll catch him at Glasto b2b with Fatboy Slim. Coxy himself was good.
Could tell it was a bit emptier (it didn't sell out compared to Prydz) but actually preferred that. Drinks queues were better, toilet queues were better, and there was more room to dance.

As I approach the tender age of 30, two days is definitely getting a bit harder to do :lol:

Back