Weekend Plans

Everyone partying already it seems :twisted:. Did my toughest challenge yet on Sunday - was in 2 minds whether to pull out due to some ongoing niggles but decided to do it anyway.

16 mile / 25k Puretrail off-roader in my own backyard people come from far and wide for. 620m / 2000ft and some stretches of crazy terrain thrown in. Broadly equivalent of a 3/4 'regular' road marathon. Had peroneal tendonitis, tight hammies and a twinging hip flexor at the start which wasn't the best and of course all that magnified ten-fold by the end. I was just about OK up to half marathon distance but last 3 miles were run through crippling cramp despite hydrating properly throughout, both calves and then quads too. Two fellow club runners caught up with me crouched in a heap trying to get my legs to work and spurred me on to run through it to the finish with them, pretty sure on my own I'd have just abandoned trying to run and hobbled in ? One of them was fighting back tears with pain and hate to admit it made me feel better ? ! We had a few laughs at our collective self-inflicted predicaments and finished as a team. Suffice to say just a tad tender today :lol:.

Was really well organized, car parked at the finish line with no stress and a 20 minute drive home. Fresh fruit (bananas, watermelon, oranges etc) at aid stations which was the first time I ever took something from one ! Knew loads of people racing, made a change from previous events I traveled to solo and the whole thing was just so chill and friendly. Not a dickhead in evidence anywhere. The route I knew from Sunday runs and is quite spectacular. Was really hot with a 12.30pm start but running through the river estuary cooled everything from the waist down, more a blessed relief than anything else ! I'd do it again for sure - but with more training / conditioning and hopefully no significant minor injuries to aggravate. Last bit of trail running bling for me for a bit, achieved way more than I set out to in January and time to mix it all up for Summer.

1558271399834 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

60409673_2374872139246091_4397041458691964928_o by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

Everyone partying already it seems :twisted:. Did my toughest challenge yet on Sunday - was in 2 minds whether to pull out due to some ongoing niggles but decided to do it anyway.

16 mile / 25k Puretrail off-roader in my own backyard people come from far and wide for. 620m / 2000ft and some stretches of crazy terrain thrown in. Broadly equivalent of a 3/4 'regular' road marathon. Had peroneal tendonitis, tight hammies and a twinging hip flexor at the start which wasn't the best and of course all that magnified ten-fold by the end. I was just about OK up to half marathon distance but last 3 miles were run through crippling cramp despite hydrating properly throughout, both calves and then quads too. Two fellow club runners caught up with me crouched in a heap trying to get my legs to work and spurred me on to run through it to the finish with them, pretty sure on my own I'd have just abandoned trying to run and hobbled in ? One of them was fighting back tears with pain and hate to admit it made me feel better ? ! We had a few laughs at our collective self-inflicted predicaments and finished as a team. Suffice to say just a tad tender today :lol:.

Was really well organized, car parked at the finish line with no stress and a 20 minute drive home. Fresh fruit (bananas, watermelon, oranges etc) at aid stations which was the first time I ever took something from one ! Knew loads of people racing, made a change from previous events I traveled to solo and the whole thing was just so chill and friendly. Not a dickhead in evidence anywhere. The route I knew from Sunday runs and is quite spectacular. Was really hot with a 12.30pm start but running through the river estuary cooled everything from the waist down, more a blessed relief than anything else ! I'd do it again for sure - but with more training / conditioning and hopefully no significant minor injuries to aggravate. Last bit of trail running bling for me for a bit, achieved way more than I set out to in January and time to mix it all up for Summer.

1558271399834 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

60409673_2374872139246091_4397041458691964928_o by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

Well done @kimajy - sounds like it was a bit of a battle to get to the end but you did it!!

From 3am tomorrow i'm off work for 12 days, a few things planned.

Collecting new car for my youngest tomorrow.
Doctors then Dentist Friday.
Daytime sesh in Manny on Sat with a mate not seen in a while.
Home BBQ and tunes Sunday
Another liquid lunch on Tuesday
Abersoch Friday to Sunday with missus, eldest daughter and the dogs.

Rock and roll

Original plan was ADID tomorrow @Cova Santa... But we're invited at a private party Friday, 50 people we know since ages, we start at the Magic Chiringuito, then 3 djs friends of mine on rotation in a villa in the hills of Portinatx with an amazing sea view.
So any posts of me on this forum from Friday 6pm to Monday late should not be taken seriously, maybe should be scary.
I apologize by advance.

festie season about to hit town - hundreds of identical events which have about as much appeal as cholera.

A minority view I'm sure..

if you're coming over and want to rent my futon for 1000€ a night, then I might be willing to enter into a conversation.

Original plan was ADID tomorrow @Cova Santa... But we're invited at a private party Friday, 50 people we know since ages, we start at the Magic Chiringuito, then 3 djs friends of mine on rotation in a villa in the hills of Portinatx with an amazing sea view.
So any posts of me on this forum from Friday 6pm to Monday late should not be taken seriously, maybe should be scary.
I apologize by advance.

love your plans!

IMS week so a pretty hectic one for me. at the summit today, tomorrow and friday. every year some of the panels are extremely interesting and I also often have meetings.

not sure I'll make it, but would be nice to quickly see ADID tomorrow, even if it's for an hour or so. then friday I'll definitely go to dixon's opening for a bit. and I'll probably miss dalt vila for the first time in years...

sat to tuesday - very easy - cocoon double-double header :D

normal service will be resumed wednesday ;)

Back