Weekend Plans

Flying back from Tenerife tomorrow. Its been a bit tough. Quiet Sunday with the family before launching into work on Monday.

I'm very positive these days. Not crystals and woo positive, but I'll learn and grow positive.

12.5 miles today at 8:20min/mi. I think I'm willing to run up to 2 hours, so, as summer approaches, I should probably buy something for carrying water, just in case... Any recommendations?

I’ve got one of those “donut” bottle things (I think that’s what they are called) which I find quite comfortable to use, but I know some people aren’t fussed on them. I guess trial and error is the only way to find out!

I’ve got one of those “donut” bottle things (I think that’s what they are called) which I find quite comfortable to use, but I know some people aren’t fussed on them. I guess trial and error is the only way to find out!

I think I'm most likely to get some sort of backpack, but I really hate carrying stuff at all... I remember carrying a bottle of water once, which I found very annoying with the constant sloshing... never again! Fortunately, I seem to be able to run good distances without really needing water at all, but don't want to get caught out if I'm extending it a bit and the weather warms up. I suppose I could just carry a coin so as I can buy water in an emergency (not that I pass many shops).

12.5 miles today at 8:20min/mi. I think I'm willing to run up to 2 hours, so, as summer approaches, I should probably buy something for carrying water, just in case... Any recommendations?

Good onya! I really respect those who can run these distances/times. I can not stand running! I love the feels post run but the whole ordeal kills me! I'm proper blessed that I live somewhere where my cardio is done with enjoyment (surfing) not always, mind!

Good onya! I really respect those who can run these distances/times. I can not stand running! I love the feels post run but the whole ordeal kills me! I'm proper blessed that I live somewhere where my cardio is done with enjoyment (surfing) not always, mind!

The thing with running is it doesn't take anything other than discipline and determination... if you do it regularly enough, it feels like less of a chore... you can enter a flow state and feel like a boss. :lol: Nothing we evolved to do should feel hard IMO; it's just most of us are way too sedentary. I actually don't feel that tired since running this morning. Felt a dip in the afternoon, but a couple of coffees perked me up!

The thing with running is it doesn't take anything other than discipline and determination... if you do it regularly enough, it feels like less of a chore... you can enter a flow state and feel like a boss. :lol: Nothing we evolved to do should feel hard IMO; it's just most of us are way too sedentary. I actually don't feel that tired since running this morning. Felt a dip in the afternoon, but a couple of coffees perked me up!

Totally agree! Kind of getting back in to the swing of things with running again now after the stress fracture and it feels so good to just be back out there again :) Think I’ve got a few weeks to go before I can just “switch off” as I pick up the miles but I’ll get there again I’m sure :)

100% and it's that discipline i respect most. I get bored even with my specific music choice and nice surroundings.

One of my biggest post rave commute prang outs was departing Jaded when it was at Cable one early Sunday arvo which happened to be the day of the London marathon. There i was on the underground absolutely buckled surrounded by a heap of runners wearing their medals exchanging stories. That commute still haunts my dreams every time the marathons on!

Last edited:
@makka I used to hate running and I mean really hate it. After doing enough intervals in bootcamps to get to Scotland and back I eventually got used to it and now after actually doing some pure running of more than short distances since January I actually enjoy it. It's just a mental threshold to overcome about keeping going and a great mix on the headphones is a treat. Trail/fell of course - still can't stand road.

Really helps to run with other people especially off-road. I did a pretty hilly 11.5km this morning near the Erme estuary in the glorious sunshine before coming home to a massive breakfast and the legs are bearing up so much better than a few weeks ago. Could've been a perfect day if I hadn;t had to manually move 8 cubic yards of rotting stockpiled garden waste into a skip for 3 1/2 hours this afternoon because the gardener call off sick on Thursday :mad:

@Johnny Vodka Lightweight hydration vests aren't bad once you get used to them, or you can also use one of these - I wear it under my t-shirt and pop in my phone, car keys and a soft flask with about 250ml of water in the back (just suck out excess air and no sloshing issue). So simple and unobtrusive yet so effective :

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Compressport-Free-Belt_105780.htm?sku=389102

Soft flask with a narrow top so it doesn't become too unwieldy e.g. : https://www.webtogs.com/en-UK/Ospre....htm?colour=Clear&sku=387441&productid=112828

Last edited:
Quiet one for me again this weekend, starting to get cabin fever now though - not been out for a few weeks! But the money I'm saving is a good thing I guess!

PvD on Friday? :lol:

Had a beautifully quiet weekend this weekend. Needed to be honest!
This coming weekend, I'm off back home. Gathering the old crew for a night out at Motion in Bristol

Back