Weekend Plans

quick trip to berlin before things might close again. we just got into watergate now (like about half an hour ago), was a mission as it's 50% cap only and a very special event tonight so had to call in a few favours.

sauna club, a long sesh awaits us. zip warming up now, then sonja moonear and ricardo villalobos comes on at 8 or 9am I believe and it usually goes until about 6pm.

phone off now, will report on sunday I guess.

now dance baby!

Had a Bonny old week in LA done loads of hikes, loads of mootching been up in Malibu all day having a day off after a hefty thanksgiving peeve yest.. out down Melrose Av tonight keeping it semi vertical ready for a rave down town tomorrow on skid rows warehouse district.. had one of these pop up venues in the dome for a long long time so hope it doesn’t disappoint

Restrictions wise.. America has been pretty lacksidaisy! Loads looser than what we thought which has been nice

Thankfully staying local today/tonight bcos we are currently getting BATTERED by this storm. Plenty of toon fans stranded at train stations by sounds of it en route to London

One of my back garden fences has blown down.

My missus said she fancied some decking laying down anyway, job done :)

Sorry can't help laughing at the decking comment ! Fences down are such a pain in the neck. Had a run of it a couple of years ago and the replacements are all braced with posts at 45 degrees against the prevailing wind, fingers crossed all still standing. The ones which came down were 6ft x 6ft panels with 3ft long spike post holders and still no match for the gusts we get in storm without extra bracing these days !!

Sorry can't help laughing at the decking comment ! Fences down are such a pain in the neck. Had a run of it a couple of years ago and the replacements are all braced with posts at 45 degrees against the prevailing wind, fingers crossed all still standing. The ones which came down were 6ft x 6ft panels with 3ft long spike post holders and still no match for the gusts we get in storm without extra bracing these days !!

I imagine the winds really howl across your part of England mate, straight in from the Atlantic!

In hindsight I might have to consider these 45 degree bracing posts.

That's a job for fairer weather though. For now though we are going to enjoy an open plan garden with our neighbour :D

Walk with little lad this morning, painful really- he wasn't happy with the wind and his long locks in his eyes... Scenery was nice though

Lights switch on today. Face painting, donkeys, light parade and fireworks with mates and their kids
IMG-20211127-105713.jpg

Walk with little lad this morning, painful really- he wasn't happy with the wind and his long locks in his eyes... Scenery was nice though

Lights switch on today. Face painting, donkeys, light parade and fireworks with mates and their kids
IMG-20211127-105713.jpg
Where is it?

quick trip to berlin before things might close again. we just got into watergate now (like about half an hour ago), was a mission as it's 50% cap only and a very special event tonight so had to call in a few favours.

sauna club, a long sesh awaits us. zip warming up now, then sonja moonear and ricardo villalobos comes on at 8 or 9am I believe and it usually goes until about 6pm.

now dance baby!
Have fun and pls report back how the 50% capacity is going.
We're planning Berlin for 17-20 dec IF it's still open by then.

Ended up getting a wicked sinus infection last weekend, knocked me out for 4 days, finally cleared up on Wed. Had the family over for thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, watched a ton of football, and had a solid evening.

Went out and played a couple hours of touch football yesterday morning then came home and relaxed with the little while the wife took a nap.

Been out running errands and putting up the xmas lights today, then off to a brewery for a 5 y/o's birthday party :D

More football tomorrow, trying to avoid thoughts of going back to work on Monday...

now dance baby!

Have fun and pls report back how the 50% capacity is going.
We're planning Berlin for 17-20 dec IF it's still open by then.

it was totally worth the trip.

it was RV's manager daffy's birthday and after having missed this party for years, we finally caught the date. when the new rules (50% cap) came into force we knew we had to be there early to get a chance to get in. so instead of first going to our friend's place where we usually stay when in berlin, we headed straight to watergate right after we landed on friday night. we got to the club at around 11:30pm. the people on GL could already get in even though the club only opened at midnight officially. we didn't have guestlist, but we have friends working at watergate so we got in swiftly.

the next twenty hours - from the very first record until the very last track - I hardly left the dancefloor. since they only had half the capacity, rather than having two dancefloors open, they only had the waterfloor open and left the main floor as a chillout place, which was the right decision. the music was great all night, day and into the next night. RV finally started at about 10:30am and finished just before 9pm. before him zip, sonja moonear, franky greiner and either giuliano lomonte or felipe valenzuela (or both? unsure tbh) played. fantastic vibe all through and RV was in great form. time flies when you're having fun…

we might be back again in two weeks, pending evolution of things here and elsewhere. now heading back to ibiza after having slept like a baby last night

it was totally worth the trip.

it was RV's manager daffy's birthday and after having missed this party for years, we finally caught the date. when the new rules (50% cap) came into force we knew we had to be there early to get a chance to get in. so instead of first going to our friend's place where we usually stay when in berlin, we headed straight to watergate right after we landed on friday night. we got to the club at around 11:30pm. the people on GL could already get in even though the club only opened at midnight officially. we didn't have guestlist, but we have friends working at watergate so we got in swiftly.

the next twenty hours - from the very first record until the very last track - I hardly left the dancefloor. since they only had half the capacity, rather than having two dancefloors open, they only had the waterfloor open and left the main floor as a chillout place, which was the right decision. the music was great all night, day and into the next night. RV finally started at about 10:30am and finished just before 9pm. before him zip, sonja moonear, franky greiner and either giuliano lomonte or felipe valenzuela (or both? unsure tbh) played. fantastic vibe all through and RV was in great form. time flies when you're having fun…

we might be back again in two weeks, pending evolution of things here and elsewhere. now heading back to ibiza after having slept like a baby last night
That was a good read, thanks.

If the omicron panic reaction doesn't stir things up we'll be driving to Berlin the weekend before Xmas.
We did a rave in Koln last week and it was amazing, great crowd. 2G+ though, so you have to be ready to make some effort but it was worth it.

That was a good read, thanks.

If the omicron panic reaction doesn't stir things up we'll be driving to Berlin the weekend before Xmas.
We did a rave in Koln last week and it was amazing, great crowd. 2G+ though, so you have to be ready to make some effort but it was worth it.

ah watergate was 2G+ as well, forgot to mention. but not an issue really I think

Back