Weekend Plans

On Saturday I arrived back in Norway after a months holiday in Greece. Not only was there the worst heatwave in 30 years, and forest fires all over the place, but being non-vaxxed I was technically banned from entering any indoor venues. But no restaurants or hotels were asking for proof of vaccination. Also, the ferries I took couldn't be bothered to check if people had been tested recently. The entire tourist industry appeared to be very service minded and good at finding practical solutions. Music was banned in bars and restaurants. But at the tavernas on distant beaches this rule was ignored.

The infection rate shot through the 500 mark whilst I was there. So upon arrival in Norway I was detained by the police, and frogmarched through the airport to be transported to a quarantine hotel. I spent 4 and a half days at the hotel, and was released today to finish the 10 day quarantine at home.

But being in Greece for a month was totally worth the quarantine punishment.

This coming weekend will be spent in quarantine at home. Fortunately we are allowed to be outdoors as much as we like whilst in quarantine at home.
Can't say you haven't gone the extra mile for a holiday this year 🙌🙌🙌

The weather is finally easing up after what has been an absolutely awful August here. I've had family down 4 times this Summer full of personal issues and problems that have meant I got less than half the help I needed with the house and garden work etc. On top of that major work crises never before seen this time of year due to rolled over client issues and trying to meet extended deadlines.

I am so ready to get back on the water after nearly a month of not seeing the sea. Just hope the crowds don't descend too badly. It;s a complete joke, our local area is basically fully open with Covid rates near 1,000 per 100,000 and maskless people everywhere. We were locked in our homes being told "we're all in this together" when our rates were 30 per 100,000 for months. I am so totally done with the inconsistency and hypocracy of it all. Having to go shopping because supermarkets are failing to deliver basic essentials like water FFS.

It's even worse in cornwall and they're about to have yet more crowd influx and a pride festival. It's now the Covid centre of the UK. That's what happens when you promote staycations and lift all restrictions. It's a wonder other countries let us in to be honest I just hope there's not some U-turn in September after the kids go back when we finally get a chance to go out without the tourists here and they lock us up again. What a f***ing shambles !

Heading out for a couple of nights in London to see Gerd Janson at the Loft Studios before making final decision on Ibiza trip next Saturday as concerned like some that if we test positive before we come home we have real issues with dog care for the quarantine time although feel far more likely to catch Covid (even though double vaxxed) tonight than in Ibiza

Could always take an anti gen for the flight home test ..
Was this aimed at me ? How does this work? We were thinking we take our own free chemist tests with us and test early when we arrive and declare if positive thus getting the 10 days quarantine started earlier and home sooner for the dogs

Was this aimed at me ? How does this work? We were thinking we take our own free chemist tests with us and test early when we arrive and declare if positive thus getting the 10 days quarantine started earlier and home sooner for the dogs

It needs to be certified anti gen though. Some services will certify off a photo of a negative test, make of that what you will

Weekend gone was a blast;
Friday wedding with family.

Sat 12pm gaggle of girls arrived in my garden for a pre party for a festival a 10min walk from our house. Sat there drinking tea jealous 😁 I had a free ticket but unsure whether I could go. Went to a post wedding family bash & my niece offered to watch my son $$$ Hot footed it to get into the festival sober before the door closed at 5pm.

The festival far exceeded anything that has been put on in town that I can think of in near 20 years. 5000 happy people raving in the sun in a beautiful park, all ages from 18-60 Yr olds I've known clubbing over the years at Retro in attendance.
Tall Paul, Roger Sanchez excellent and even Paul Taylor playing a decent set. Great stage production for a small festival. Cheesy 90's stuff going off in a big circus tent.

Sunday morning with lad then first game back against Leeds which was hard fought. Friend offered another free ticket for Sunday festival... don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
We arrived when the gates were shut but an old doorman I know managed to vouch for us and the gates parted. The atmosphere was edgy, a younger crowd and music to match. We found solace in a small tent where Sam Divine and Low Steppa played good sets.

Monday with the family to wrap a great weekend off
140402.jpg

140407.jpg

Nice one @claretclubber, I saw that fest on Twitter, looked a good potential.

My weekend was shit. I’d had Coldvid coming on me from last Tuesday evening. Full blown aches, cough yada yada. Had to phone in sick and missed bank holiday pay on Monday. PCR on Sat, results Sunday within 24 hours - not Covid.
Apparently there’s something “going round”🙄

Gotta say, weekend just gone was loads of fun! Trip to Sheffield the Friday was good, caught up with friends I'd not seen since before the pandemic, Junction 2 on Sunday was inredible!

Off to Bounemouth this weekend with some mates! Should be fun too!

Back