Weekend Plans

Appreciate the response mate. :) To be honest, the breakup was all my own doing what with going out all the time partying, doing shit loads of drugs and just being a general knob but all caused by my own unhappiness in that relationship. Thing is she was the best person you could ever meet but just not for me and I just used drink, drugs and partying as an escape until it all blew up spectacularly in my face.

In a much better place now though and looking forward to the future! :)
Can relate to this, am chuffed to hear your feeling more positive, guess I am to, its been a week now without a drink, which I guess is helping. Its easy to get into bad habits tho.

Just did another 10k.......It's weird that crawling back up your drive, spluttering the words help as you've pushed yourself to your physical limit. Really helps clear the head........

Still haven't broken the ice to start running again. Know it will help my mood and optimism massively. Looking like it's going to be a long haul before I get any sort of life back so really need to kick things off next week.

Still haven't broken the ice to start running again. Know it will help my mood and optimism massively. Looking like it's going to be a long haul before I get any sort of life back so really need to kick things off next week.
Not going to lie. It's been a struggle to get out. But I've been watching more David Goggins to help.......

Stay strong mate, every day off it is a win especially if you’re feeling down enough anyway. Pop us a message if you want a chat. Take care.
Cheers mate, appreciate that, same goes for you, if you ever want a chat, give me a shout. With booze it numbs stuff down in the short term, but then the following day you feel like shit and it's easy to get into a vicious circle. I have found breaking the day up either a bike ride or time at my allotment helps. It's suddenly turned cold though and all of a sudden its like an endurance thing going to my allotment today haha but it has given me chance to focus on more positive things though. Take care, am looking forward to spring like.

Ran the first bit of further distance for awhile on Saturday, 8.5km in 50 or so mins. Slowly building up to 15km by Easter. :)
Think the snow has put an end to me running this week.

Found I've fallen into a routine this lockdown. Work, run or go for a long walk, eat, rinse and repeat. Weekends usually involve a computer too. Not much else to do at present! Trying so hard to make this a productive lockdown both with a hobby and physically...

Ran the first bit of further distance for awhile on Saturday, 8.5km in 50 or so mins. Slowly building up to 15km by Easter. :)
Think the snow has put an end to me running this week.

Found I've fallen into a routine this lockdown. Work, run or go for a long walk, eat, rinse and repeat. Weekends usually involve a computer too. Not much else to do at present! Trying so hard to make this a productive lockdown both with a hobby and physically...
I'm quite similar to you at the moment mate with the whole falling into a new routine this lockdown - I've been on 'part furlough' since returning to work from full furlough in August last year which essentially entails working 50% of my usual hours. I have to commend my work for being very reasonable and accomodating through the entire process up until now as they've allowed me to choose my own hours which during the winter and particularly during full lockdown has ended up being 12-16 each day.

With more time on my hands I've been thinking about how I can try and make the most of this lockdown and at the moment that has meant trying to get as fit and healthy as possible whilst the pubs are shut and the social drinking/eating is out of the window - so I'm training twice a day 5 days a week, some sessions lighter than others, but usually each day I head out for a morning run/cycle/walk and then doing some boxing or weight training in my garage in the evening with work in-between.

So far it's been great physically as I'm fitter and in better shape than ever and it's also been a great mental health boost as I'm busy enough and structured through the day to have too much spare time on my hands and you always feel better after exercising even if it's a short stroll out in the fresh air.

Now the aim for the rest of lockdown and whilst working part-time hours is to try and get stuck back into picking up where I left off with learning Spanish again and potentially trying my arm and getting stuck into Logic/Ableton and producing some music - let's see how far I get with either or both of those!

Back