Weekend Plans

20mins away

Can't wait around for the weekend and the weather change, tomorrow looks incredible with hot sun, flat sea and low wind. Why am I not in f'kin Devon when this happens ???? Decided to sack everything off and go to Dorset for a full day out tomorrow with my bike and paddleboard. Getting home's going to be hell on a Friday night but wtf sometimes you have to just seize the day. I'll see what's left in the tank when I'm back - absolute beasting at new bootcamp last night. Proper old school military fitness there's not a lot that doesn't hurt right now :eek::lol:

Can't wait around for the weekend and the weather change, tomorrow looks incredible with hot sun, flat sea and low wind. Why am I not in f'kin Devon when this happens ???? Decided to sack everything off and go to Dorset for a full day out tomorrow with my bike and paddleboard. Getting home's going to be hell on a Friday night but wtf sometimes you have to just seize the day. I'll see what's left in the tank when I'm back - absolute beasting at new bootcamp last night. Proper old school military fitness there's not a lot that doesn't hurt right now :eek::lol:

Exactly, we don't get weather like this very often!! Have a good day tomorrow :)

Tonight - take my boy to Arsenal footy session.

Take kids skiing in the morning and then my boy's therapy session. Buckley's Big Birthday BBQ at Buckers Towers in the afternoon

Sunday - Park Run plans probably curtailed by the fact that I'm currently waiting for an x-ray on big toe after footy last night. Probably take the kids out somewhere for the day once they've visited my folks in the morning

Tonight - take my boy to Arsenal footy session.

Take kids skiing in the morning and then my boy's therapy session. Buckley's Big Birthday BBQ at Buckers Towers in the afternoon

Sunday - Park Run plans probably curtailed by the fact that I'm currently waiting for an x-ray on big toe after footy last night. Probably take the kids out somewhere for the day once they've visited my folks in the morning

Hope your toe is ok!

used to cycle down from Exeter to Exmouth via Topsham locks - great little route, if you're ever that way

You need to get your leg over mate..?

used to cycle down from Exeter to Exmouth via Topsham locks - great little route, if you're ever that way

Did my first half marathon in Exmouth in April & occasionally venture to Topsham but usually only get as far as the fish shack at Darts Farm :lol:. I don't keep my regular bike in Devon - sadly too many other toys & outbuildings full of yad and cars ! There's an ebike I built living there but it's too unwieldy to move around & only goes out from home sadly !

Did my first half marathon in Exmouth in April & occasionally venture to Topsham but usually only get as far as the fish shack at Darts Farm :lol:. I don't keep my regular bike in Devon - sadly too many other toys & outbuildings full of yad and cars ! There's an ebike I built living there but it's too unwieldy to move around & only goes out from home sadly !

it's all a blur but there was a pub crawl there called the 'Topsham Ten'. Before we left England, I took my gf to some of the old haunts (do you know that mad highwayman's pub on Dartmoor ? ) in a camper van but she wasn't that impressed !

it's all a blur but there was a pub crawl there called the 'Topsham Ten'. Before we left England, I took my gf to some of the old haunts (do you know that mad highwayman's pub on Dartmoor ? ) in a camper van but she wasn't that impressed !

Haha. Got to be honest I very seldom go to Dartmoor as anywhere decent is at least a 40 minute drive away. Being 25 minutes from the A38 makes anywhere North of it a fair trek.

Tend to stick between Dartmouth to the East [M&S, Patisserie, Preferred garden centre & bank], Plymouth/Saltash to the West [Training & Waitrose] and Ivybridge/Totnes to the North [Tip, Travis Perkins, & Parcel drop-offs]. Exeter's an 80 mile round trip and maybe go that way 4-5 times a year unless I'm moving between homes and passing through because of that. We live so far from 'supplies' free time that's not spent trying unsuccessfully to keep on top of an old house and big garden with its constant needs always seems to revolve around shopping when I'm down there :rolleyes:.

I go out mainly to shop, & train (away from the list of 50 domestic jobs I'd be expected to prioritize if I didn't go away). Hardly even got to the beach this year and it's a mile and a half down the road. It's a lovely home but boy did we make a rod for our own backs with it. I have weeks away from it to actually get some work done outside of 11pm-3am but also have to freedom to do other things, like have a holiday (or 3 :lol:).

Haha. Got to be honest I very seldom go to Dartmoor as anywhere decent is at least a 40 minute drive away. Being 25 minutes from the A38 makes anywhere North of it a fair trek.

Tend to stick between Dartmouth to the East [M&S, Patisserie, Preferred garden centre & bank], Plymouth/Saltash to the West [Training & Waitrose] and Ivybridge/Totnes to the North [Tip, Travis Perkins, & Parcel drop-offs]. Exeter's an 80 mile round trip and maybe go that way 4-5 times a year unless I'm moving between homes and passing through because of that. We live so far from 'supplies' free time that's not spent trying unsuccessfully to keep on top of an old house and big garden with its constant needs always seems to revolve around shopping when I'm down there :rolleyes:.

I go out mainly to shop, & train (away from the list of 50 domestic jobs I'd be expected to prioritize if I didn't go away). Hardly even got to the beach this year and it's a mile and a half down the road. It's a lovely home but boy did we make a rod for our own backs with it. I have weeks away from it to actually get some work done outside of 11pm-3am but also have to freedom to do other things, like have a holiday (or 3 :lol:).
And this?Is why i love you ?

Back