Weekend Plans

How was this?

Pretty good - the mid part of Kerri's set was good, wasn't really feeling the music towards the end though.

Spent more time downstairs in the smaller room with San Soda. Not massively impressed by the space at Plan B either.

Interesting.

Die hard Kerri obsessive here - his back catalogue is ridiculous. :eek:

When asked what their fave track was, industry people and fans selected 60 different creations. :eek: Not many artists can be that consistent.

...but am also his biggest critic and whilst he's usually face meltingly blinding - I did see him at a creche party not long ago and found it a bit yawnsome.

I've also never been to Plan B but have heard great things so it's good to get a balanced view.

Have you heard this? He did a seven hour mix of his archives not long ago - this is part 1:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20993025

Up the Palace :)

Come again.... 8)
Wasnt impressed with max cooper at all in fabric, seemed like he played house for the "fabric massiff" if there is such a thing? I ended up in room 2 with capriati playing some bloody filthy techno, but it was no room for breathing sweatbox style in there so left after 3 hours and vow never to go to fabric again. The crush is worse then anything I've ever experienced before!
Had a great time in the hotel/pub to lots of friendly faces we got talking to and had a few pints in a few pubs local to elephant and castle wasnt nearly as bad as I expected.
After that experience I can't wait for Ibiza. That is all 8)

Come again.... 8)
Wasnt impressed with max cooper at all in fabric, seemed like he played house for the "fabric massiff" if there is such a thing? I ended up in room 2 with capriati playing some bloody filthy techno, but it was no room for breathing sweatbox style in there so left after 3 hours and vow never to go to fabric again. The crush is worse then anything I've ever experienced before!
Had a great time in the hotel/pub to lots of friendly faces we got talking to and had a few pints in a few pubs local to elephant and castle wasnt nearly as bad as I expected.
After that experience I can't wait for Ibiza. That is all 8)

Neither could we - literally ! :lol: :arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=74486

Was a poor show at Fabric last Saturday - not at all what it's like on a good night. Drove 250 miles like a bat out of hell to make most of the set and he really let everyone down.

Also wound up in Room 2 just before the end of his set but Capriati was banging out some pretty boring stuff. You need to get up on the platforms to have room to dance in there.

Biggest disappointment of the night was Sasha. What a dreadful set. We were up on the balcony for this as it emptied out up there but downstairs actually felt aggressive response to claustroiphobia setting in and had to get out before I punched someone out cold.

We stuck it out till nearly 7am but the good thing was the let-down of the night was probably partly instrumental in triggering the silver lining of a reaction !!!

I thought I might be the only one to think he was crap :)

Nah - not the fanboy-types ;) Doesn't matter who they are .. if they don't play up to scratch and make the right mood for a night it gets said as it is !! Don't write Fabric off over that tho'. You just got really unlucky - no telling it would be rammed either as there were still presale tickets right up to very close to the night. Room 2 wasn't too bad on the platforms, but I got a bit outnumbered by the 'strutting shirtless massive' - who eventually took over good and proper even there :rolleyes:.

Clean forgot you were going and was offline from Wednesday or we'd have said hi and had a beer. One of these days will sort it out !

Agree musically the ball was dropped more than a few times. I would say it was a busy night but have seen it much worse unfortunately. Trick is get on the side podiums in room 2 or get to the back of room 1. Or take the balcony if your ok not being amongst it.

Back