weekend plans

Retired school teacher syndrome..:lol:

... or as a mate said this morning "grumpy old raver" :lol: I did it in the nicest possible way .. I think :confused: shortly before getting my comeuppance for being a twat by falling off the speaker - forgot they were tiny any triangular in there unlike Fabric's raised dancefloors ... and stomped into thin air ! It was a true Mr Bean moment ...

Hmm. The date was okay, but i'm now getting a thanks, but no thanks vibe. :rolleyes:

I was, however, a demon on the karaoke on Friday night. I shouted my way along to these ones: my way (sid vicious version), bjork - it's oh so quiet. primal scream - rocks, jilted john - jilted john, chef - salty balls :lol:

Hmm. The date was okay, but i'm now getting a thanks, but no thanks vibe. :rolleyes:

I was, however, a demon on the karaoke on Friday night. I shouted my way along to these ones: my way (sid vicious version), bjork - it's oh so quiet. primal scream - rocks, jilted john - jilted john, chef - salty balls :lol:

Any connection, do you reckon ? :lol: Sorry it wasn't fireworks on the date :(.

:lol:
Channeling your inner Isaac Hayes? :lol:

Haha... I refuse to do the conventional karaoke songs. The guy that was running it hadn't heard most of my choices before! There's something quite liberating about standing up & shout 'stick them in your mouth and suck them' or whatever, especially in front of a bunch of hotties from work. :D

... or as a mate said this morning "grumpy old raver" :lol: I did it in the nicest possible way .. I think :confused: shortly before getting my comeuppance for being a twat by falling off the speaker - forgot they were tiny any triangular in there unlike Fabric's raised dancefloors ... and stomped into thin air ! It was a true Mr Bean moment ...

Love the way you forgot to mention the fall in your first post. The poor people you shouted at earlier had the last laugh..

I know what you mean about some of the crowd, but I try to ignore them.. maybe your mate was right about the grumpy old raver ;)

Guess you wont be seeing Hernan in April then :lol: Thought he was good in November when he played B2B with Danny howells. He's playing with Dave Seaman and Nick Warren next time round.. talk about old Prog war horses that evening!

Love the way you forgot to mention the fall in your first post. The poor people you shouted at earlier had the last laugh..

I know what you mean about some of the crowd, but I try to ignore them.. maybe your mate was right about the grumpy old raver ;)

Guess you wont be seeing Hernan in April then :lol: Thought he was good in November when he played B2B with Danny howells. He's playing with Dave Seaman and Nick Warren next time round.. talk about old Prog war horses that evening!

:lol: - it's called edited highlights (or maybe low-lights :confused:) ! Was very funny tho' - those I had a quiet stern word with didn't see me do it and I was up dancing again pretty pronto, but in fairness I'm sure they would have been in stitches laughing if they had. Those boxes are absolutely lethal in the pitch dark ! Amazingly no-one else seemed to bat an eyelid :eek:... don't think I'm the first or last to fall from grace there !

Have to be fair to Hernan - although the set was not so up-front as I've heart him play before, it was quality - and I did manage to get right into it once I realized the mood he was going to create. Some of the highlights (I think - was pretty wasted by then) :

Matthew Dekay & Lee Burridge - Für Die Liebe [All Day I Dream]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JkIRblemvE

Scotty A. - Continue (Original Mix)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150701200201420

Guy J - High / Pathos (not sure which mix off this EP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbxv9C2uprM

Oh - and last track of the night was Marco Bailey & Tom Hades - Shaky Solar
http://soundcloud.com/bedrock_rec/marco-bailey-tom-hades-shaky

Heck, I think I'll give the old prog war horses a miss in April .. but Steve Lawler told a mate of mine he reckons proper Digweed-esque Prog circa '96 is due for a revival, so who knows we may be hearing prog sounds making a bit of a comeback more widely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone added me as a fave on POF last night, but won't go on at work to look so will need to wait till I get home. :rolleyes: To think I could be doing it all again this weekend. :lol:

There's also a Glasgow POF meet in a couple of weeks' time. May attempt it again now it's moved from that sh!th0le Madness. Last time I attended one in a sensible pub (i.e. one where the entertainment doesn't goad people into playing Club 18 - 30 style games that should come with a cold sore warning) I got talking to a couple of ladies and a snog at the end of the night...

Maybe this is more dating thread stuff...

Bit late of a reply for my Weekend Report, but hey. Been busy!

Friday: Worked, then drove down to London. Surprisingly, there was no traffic at any point on the drive down from Leeds. Made me happy. :)
Went out to Islington for a couple of drinks on Friday evening, then ended up going to Propaganda (it's an Indie night). Continued consuming alcohol. Left at 3am or so. Friend I was out with took me to Fabric, which was a hardcore Drum & Bass / Dubstep night. That was rather amusing. Left at 5.15 or so, went to McDs, then headed off back to Uxbridge. Got a central line train, with the intention of getting a bus from West Ruislip to Uxbridge. Sadly, TFL decided to terminate the train at White City, so ended up getting a Taxi back from there. Which was expensive.

Saturday: Woke up, feeling awful. Drove in to Sheppard's Bush, then headed to to Westfield for lunch with another friend. Hoped on the tube and went in to Oxford St to meet another friend. Had a wander round Regents park then went to Mile End. Stayed over at another friends, went to the pub for a few drinks, then called it a night.

Sunday: Went back to Sheppard's Bush to get the Car, then drove to Grays in essex. (Yes, I know, I went east, then back west, then east again). Had an awesome Sunday Lunch, watched the football (Arsenal vs Tottenham and Cardiff vs Liverpool).

Monday: Drove to my friends Wedding. Was an awesome day. Stayed in an expensive hotel. A week in an Ibiza hotel probably costs less than one night where I was, but lack of local amenities meant it was that or leave very early.

Tuesday: Drove back to Leeds, then went on a date with a girl from POF. :)

Buckers: Didn't go to hers :p

Oi oi, don't stop there, more details, Ben. Good to see you getting over things:D

We just went out for a few drinks in Bradford, then went for dinner. She seemed like a really nice girl. Organised a second (and third) date. So things seem to be going well :)

Buckers: Didn't go to hers :p

We just went out for a few drinks in Bradford, then went for dinner. She seemed like a really nice girl. Organised a second (and third) date. So things seem to be going well :)

:D

From small acorns and all that....

Back