Weekend Plans!

Fri: Train up to London, lunch at the York & Albany, mooch around Camden, Sunburst Band @ Jazz Cafe at night.
Sat: Shopping, eating & drinking, train home.
Sun: Nowt.

................a weekend and beyond of fun filled decorating....

New doors and windows fitted - weird as - cant hear a thing, its like living in a vaccuum :) :)

So many weeks of decorating me thinks..... I wish I didnt have my sensible head on when we talked about getting them done, because althought the doors and windows look nice, as much as doors and windows can, I really wish I had decided to spend the money unwisely on fun things...... :confused:

................a weekend and beyond of fun filled decorating....

New doors and windows fitted - weird as - cant hear a thing, its like living in a vaccuum :) :)

So many weeks of decorating me thinks..... I wish I didnt have my sensible head on when we talked about getting them done, because althought the doors and windows look nice, as much as doors and windows can, I really wish I had decided to spend the money unwisely on fun things...... :confused:

I share your pain! currently getting original sash windows put in. cost a fortune, and as much as they'll look great when they are finished, i'm not sure the enjoyment factor would be the same if i spent the same amount on holidays etc. :lol:

but i am looking forward to a quieter house! (rock n roll- that's me)

I share your pain! currently getting original sash windows put in. cost a fortune, and as much as they'll look great when they are finished, i'm not sure the enjoyment factor would be the same if i spent the same amount on holidays etc. :lol:

I've got original sash windows that leak air like no-one's business. Not sure whether the whole getting refurbed thing really works - differing reports.....

Friday- Prepare for our daughters "Big Girl" 3rd Party.

Saturday- Rice Krispie Buns, Balloons, screaming kids, cocktail sausages and 20-30 people wrecking our house.

Saturday night- Working

Sunday - Well earned few pints down the local watching the Racing. This years Supreme Novice Hurdler Dungib has his last prep race before Cheltenham. If he wins my Ibiza Hols for this year are sorted!!!:lol:

I've got original sash windows that leak air like no-one's business. Not sure whether the whole getting refurbed thing really works - differing reports.....

a legal requirement buckers under "decent homes programme" by 20?? (insert according to current year dependent on ever moving goalposts) all uk housing stock must conform to the code for sustainable homes, which meand your lovely sashes wikll be refurbed/replaced soon. having seen up cliose and personal the type of windows mark is alluding to I can confirm that they are pricey and beautiful in equal measures!!

I've currently got casement windows in which are dropping to bits, but as my house is grade II listed, the planners insisted that i put in sashs which matched those originally installed. Following 18 months of wrangling with planners they agreed to let me put in double glazed sash windows if i used lots of obscure materials and used a certified craftsman who was born in 1853.

bastards.

I've currently got casement windows in which are dropping to bits, but as my house is grade II listed, the planners insisted that i put in sashs which matched those originally installed. Following 18 months of wrangling with planners they agreed to let me put in double glazed sash windows if i used lots of obscure materials and used a certified craftsman who was born in 1853.

bastards.

http://www.marvin-architectural.com/

I have a few on my books that do it, these are probably the best ;)

where abouts are you?

sorry that was rather a random question!... what i meant was the company that sorted out my timber sliding sash windows and shutters were really competitive but north west based.

Last edited by a moderator:

When we moved in, the house already had uPVC windows but they were absolutely horrible and I have hated them for 10 years. This time I wanted wood and thicker double glazing so we went for 10mm glass, we wanted then in original sash frames but unfortunately the frames wouldnt hold the weight of the glass.... and it would have taken ages to find someone to make them for us (if we could find someone at all)

Its taken us months to get these made, but the difference is unreal - you cant hear a flippin thing and we live right on the river so we usually hear the shipyards (well what work is left in them that is...:confused: )

We have also had the heating on full every night since end of Nov but since we had these put in we have had to knock the temp down by 1/3 to a 1/2 - the house is like a sealed vaccuum, we have even had to have special air vents put the walls in the living room, for the open fire we are getting put in next....

Its so rock n roll - :lol::lol::lol::lol: but I would so rather have spent this much money on something far more frivilous!!!!:confused:

where abouts are you?

sorry that was rather a random question!... what i meant was the company that sorted out my timber sliding sash windows and shutters were really competitive but north west based.

I'm NE but i had quotes from companies in the NW, as there were few companies who could do what the planners wanted. But i eventually found a newcastle firm who could do it.

they are, we looked them for large city centre refurb a few years back but soon changed our minds when we saw the rates

Back