Weekend Plans!

its claimed that its down to a lack of quality, facilities or both

but currently the 1st divison has

Dundee, Hamilton (now promoted), Dunfermline, Livingston, Partick

all top league teams within the last 10 years or so

could easily have a 16-18 team league
merge the lower divisions to make a SPL & championship idea
then bring in the Junior level football to form a pyramid system like in England
a lot of Junior teams have big supports compared to actual full league teams

if you keep it the way it is, the rich get more richer, and the small go bust.

wouldnt the potential and the dream of playing one of the glasgow clubs help the smaller boys both in a footballing sense and a financial sense?

It is splendid. The architect (Ian Simpson) has the top two floors as his own gaff. All a bit bond villan like if you ask me tho - but the view from 23rd floos is incredible, god knows what it is like at the top, you can probably see London!

BTW - cityscapes, monoliths - you have been hanging round with to many architect!;):lol:

hahah too right!

if you keep it the way it is, the rich get more richer, and the small go bust.

wouldnt the potential and the dream of playing one of the glasgow clubs help the smaller boys both in a footballing sense and a financial sense?

the problem is

the rest of the current SPL liked getting the Old Firm at home twice
then they changed to the split finish - but they take the chance of getting to the top 6 and getting them twice at home
or at least they will get 3 OF home games

its basically turkeys voting for Christmas time

imo - a bigger league would open up to better football and more chance for youngsters to flourish in the smaller teams

Weekend..

Fri: Pints after work/food...early'ish night....

Sat: day has to watch Man U beat Chelsea....Followed by Marco Carola @ Pod..followed by general messiness..

Sun: Pints and food...and generally relax..

Ferd, forget this Gallery crap. Come to Ministry for Danny Howells on Saturday and listen to some real music ;)

I do like Howells, but only one winner this weekend I'm afraid. Was there for the last Turnmills, have to be there for the 1st MoS.

It's been sold out for a couple of weeks now, plenty of tickets left for Howells.

I think the Saturday Sessions crew are going to find the fridays busier than the saturdays from now on at Ministry ;) :p

I do like Howells, but only one winner this weekend I'm afraid. Was there for the last Turnmills, have to be there for the 1st MoS.

It's been sold out for a couple of weeks now, plenty of tickets left for Howells.

I think the Saturday Sessions crew are going to find the fridays busier than the saturdays from now on at Ministry ;) :p

Ferd Ferd, please, naturally there will be alot of interest, and the Line-ups for the 1st month look good (if you like that kind of thing), however only time will tell, but Saturday Sessions has been on the button, fresh & rammed for 2/3 years now, week in week out!!

Friday - working nights :evil:

Saturday - up early to watch Chelsea beat the scum and hope for injuries to both sides (not serious can I add just enough to keep them out for a couple of weeks...or even one week:lol:) Friends arriving Saturday afternoon for party at ours!

Sunday - Recovery ready to play footy in the evening

Ferd Ferd, please, naturally there will be alot of interest, and the Line-ups for the 1st month look good (if you like that kind of thing), however only time will tell, but Saturday Sessions has been on the button, fresh & rammed for 2/3 years now, week in week out!!

haha.. Here you are Phil! I was only kidding with that last comment.

I know they've gone for big names at the start (Oakie, Cattaneo and Seb Fontaine on the 23rd being the stand out for me!). I actually don't think long term it's a good venue for it. It's probably a bit too big in my opinion. Not sure how good it will be when there's lesser names.

So will I ever see you down there on a friday? or do you only go on saturdays! The housier room often has decent DJs you might enjoy, the likes of Paolo Mojo and our Anil Chawla

haha.. Here you are Phil! I was only kidding with that last comment.

I know they've gone for big names at the start (Oakie, Cattaneo and Seb Fontaine on the 23rd being the stand out for me!). I actually don't think long term it's a good venue for it. It's probably a bit too big in my opinion. Not sure how good it will be when there's lesser names.

So will I ever see you down there on a friday? or do you only go on saturdays! The housier room often has decent DJs you might enjoy, the likes of Paolo Mojo and our Anil Chawla

Maybe, was thinking about popping in tonight, but there's the Footie in the morning, and i dont think i'd enjoy the Saturday as much!! Anil seems to becoming a regular on Saturdays too!
I hear the Gallery boys are really excited about it, but as you touched on, its longevity!

Back