Weekend Plans - June Bank Holiday Edition

Friday - stayed in & got totally hammered

Saturday - morning saved a gym entry fee by giving a load of running shoes a thorough testing on the treadmill at the nearest running shop .. and proceeded to order a pair £20 cheaper on-line :oops::lol:

Afternoon packed up & sobered up enough to live through the evening Bank Holiday M5 hell of jams & driving rain.

Sunday - Drizzle versus mist .. took solace in a trip to Dartington Food (and drink !) Festival. Good effort loads for kids (as usual). Not impressed by the 11Euro price tag for a dried up jacket potato though :eek: .. get a grip, Britain !

Monday - Dry. Early morning run. Gardening & visit from some very elderly but really lovely friends. Evening swim at the beach. 8)

Tuesday - Failed to brave the village "street festival" i.e. knees up with the usual suspects at the local pub with damp Marquee on tap. Knocked up a cracking fillet steak dinner instead :). Decided Grace Jones stole the show at the Jubilee concert :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdwEgzDNb2w

Wednesday - extended holiday .. planting and mowing. Just about managed to last an afternoon in shorts & t-shirt ... but only as I was digging like a navvy and lugging sacks of compost around which made the howling gales which set in as soon as the sun came out just about bearable. Also nearly decided to move abroad ... but took a look round the main garden and decided that after 5 years of digging to create it from a neglected nettle-infested field with a few trees, I actually love it and probably couldn't leave just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back