Weekend in Glasgow

mashednlovingit

Off to Glasgow on Friday for a random weekend away. Going to watch the football during the day on Saturday but looking for a couple of club nights. Only ever been once and that was to the Arches which is now closed.

Any recommendations? Harri & Dom at Sub looks like a winner on the Sat but anything else going down?

Cheers in advance!

Michael Ball is on at the SECC... worth a punt. :p
Subby is a good shout, is there any type of thing in particular you're into?
Bigfoot tea party have The Black Madonna at the Subby on the friday. IT'll be technoy but I'd jump for the Sat as it's part of the birthday celebrations. Arches I think is quiet till May.

Sorry I'm not much help. I've not been out past 11.30 in about 2 months. Final year of uni and all that jazz.

Black Madonna is a possibility for Friday I don't wanna do the Sub twice in 24 hours though. Kellar Club with Andre Galuzzi is looking OK. Ideally I'm after house/techno. No day parties in that neck of the woods?

Last edited:
Off to Glasgow on Friday for a random weekend away. Going to watch the football during the day on Saturday but looking for a couple of club nights. Only ever been once and that was to the Arches which is now closed.

Any recommendations? Harri & Dom at Sub looks like a winner on the Sat but anything else going down?

Cheers in advance!

The arches isn't closed, but it's a no brainer - sub club!

Cheers in advance!

Friday night there is a free event at the Sub Hub (argyle arcade roof). It is a temporary space the subby have rented out for the month of April and they have had everyone from Derrick May to Henrik Schwarz there for chats, demonstrations and even DJ sets.

Friday night is Soma Night:

7-8pm Petrichor is giving an ableton demonstration and his new album.

8-9pm There is a Q&A with Slam and label owner Dave Clarke

9-12(ish, maybe later) Slam are DJing

There is a bar, food served during the day and a cracking roof terrace. Go there! The event is free however you are guaranteed entry if you sign up .....follow the Sub club page on Facebook and you should see the event.

Also, If your looking for something different and really underground Fiedel is DJing in legendary club 69 in Paisley just outside of Glasgow....cracking club with a cracking sound system. One of the only places (original) Underground Resitance played in the UK.....and they played there twice.

Wouldn't go near 69below or keller club.

what EveyT said, check out Sub Hub, especially on the Friday, been a few times already in the pop-up rooftop space and its pretty good for pre drinks etc.
Also on the Friday, Dustin Zahn is playing at La Cheetah (great little underground club) and also Johnnie Wilkes (Optimo) and Spencer are playing at Berkely Suite as well. (Both good venues if you don't want to do subby 2 nights in a row).

Subby on the Saturday won't be beaten, especially when you are in the hands of Harri & Dom.

Michael Ball is on at the SECC... worth a punt. :p
Subby is a good shout, is there any type of thing in particular you're into?
Bigfoot tea party have The Black Madonna at the Subby on the friday. IT'll be technoy but I'd jump for the Sat as it's part of the birthday celebrations. Arches I think is quiet till May.

Sorry I'm not much help. I've not been out past 11.30 in about 2 months. Final year of uni and all that jazz.
You not finished that dissertation yet? o_O

You not finished that dissertation yet? o_O
Dissertation is DONE!!!!!!!!! Just got exams. Gutted as I'm missing JESuS on the May bank holiday as I've got an exam just after and somehow I don't think I'd have the brain capacity. The end is in sight though... but then I need to find a job. Anyone hiring? :p

Dissertation is DONE!!!!!!!!! Just got exams. Gutted as I'm missing JESuS on the May bank holiday as I've got an exam just after and somehow I don't think I'd have the brain capacity. The end is in sight though... but then I need to find a job. Anyone hiring? :p

Feeling your pain sista. Just finished, had my last exam on Monday! Freedom is sweet.

Its also a club where they really respect the warmup, so turning up a bit earlier that you might normally is advised.

Back