Weekend!!!! (Fri 12th)

YES today has finally arrived, all my favourite Ibiza people are going to be under one roof in 2 hours, off to the airport to colect them fresh from Ibiza, literally don't think I have ever been sooo happy :D best thing about Ibiza when u get back, the reunions! x

Hot Chip were amazing last night, way better experience than the first time I saw them! We headed off afterwards to see Al Doyle (of Hot Chip and LCD Soundsystem) DJ at the Berkeley Suite, but despite being inititially all excited about seeing a member of Hot Chip up close, my sis decided she was tired and wanted to go before he came on. :rolleyes: Mind you, don't think she was enjoying the vibe of the place; she ain't really a clubber.

With the buzz of seeing Hot Chip live still in my head, tempted to go see Bat For Lashes next weekend.

Saturday I managed a 35-mile bike ride, hail and rain showers notwithstanding. Well chuffed - thighs were reminding me of this little milestone all day Sunday !

Learned that for all the hoo-ha about technical clothing there is enough wind freewheeling at an inadvisable speed down the hill you just busted your a*se to pedal up to dry out your ill-advised cotton cargo shorts in barely more than a couple of miles :lol:

Sunday I bit the bullet and used YouTube videos and an alarming 1-inch thick user manual to discover how to take the wheels off my bike and replace the tyres with kevlar-lined flatless ones and self-healing inner tubes. A new experience for me, never having done anything mechanical on a bike before short of screwing in a pedal. I even managed not to break anything and to complete the exercise with determination in place of tyre levers :twisted:. This self-help learning experience came with the added bonus of a gym-worthy workout pumping up the new tubes. Never knew it could all be so much fun :p

Just about got my head together after the weekend. I've had some top top nights this year but Cream's 20th birthday on Saturday blew them all out of the water. Pretty much stayed in the Courtyard all night right at the very front (more room there than anywhere else). Paul Bleasdale and Gareth Wyn were both on form. Pete Tong was so so. Oakie was amazing and played mostly classics which to hear them in that room was very special. Rob Harnetty finished the night off with a belter of a trance classics set. It was pretty much a perfect night with a quality bunch of mates :)

I cooked a mexican feast for 20 of my mates... still finding sombrero's and fake moustaches all over my house!

Just about got my head together after the weekend. I've had some top top nights this year but Cream's 20th birthday on Saturday blew them all out of the water. Pretty much stayed in the Courtyard all night right at the very front (more room there than anywhere else). Paul Bleasdale and Gareth Wyn were both on form. Pete Tong was so so. Oakie was amazing and played mostly classics which to hear them in that room was very special. Rob Harnetty finished the night off with a belter of a trance classics set. It was pretty much a perfect night with a quality bunch of mates :)

Had a great night myself on saturday, got in early at 10.15-10.20 to catch end of Paul Bleasdale8) in the courtyard which was already really busy. Think his last tune was "man with the red face". Caught a bit of Gareth Wyn who people seemed to be enjoying before popping into the Annexe for a bit before into the main room. Nation was packed out as youd expect a lot of people seemed plssed off but I think I was suitably well oiled enough not to care!:lol: Caught some of Pete Tong and nearly all of Oakenfold before heading back to see Carl Cox in the main room. Remember him playing the Bassheads "...anybody out there" which was quality, crowd went mad! Didnt leave till last tune had been played , so over 7.5hrs which seemed to fly by!
Hope some sets from the night become available

Nation was packed out as youd expect a lot of people seemed plssed off but I think I was suitably well oiled enough not to care!:lol:

Hope some sets from the night become available

It was a fookin nightmare trying to move but we always go right to the very front left in clubs and always seem to have more room there than anywhere else so our dancing space was pretty good. The middle is always way worse than the front. I was very hammered myself from start to finish :lol:

Was planning on catching the end of Carl Cox myself but Rob Harnetty played an absolute blinder of a trance classics set and I didn't manage to drag myself away.

545833_10151148631313305_1942718374_n.jpg

Really hope some sets come available too :)

That could be a good little project for one or more of the trance loving DJs on here, would love to hear a set with all those in it. That track list pretty much a list of the tunes that got me into electronic music in the first place. Don't make them like that any more!

That could be a good little project for one or more of the trance loving DJs on here, would love to hear a set with all those in it. That track list pretty much a list of the tunes that got me into electronic music in the first place. Don't make them like that any more!

I'll do it for Wavefront Sessions 024 (am on 022 at the moment)

Paul Bleasdale's set from saturday:

http://soundcloud.com/paulbleasdale/cream-20th-birthday-13-10-12

Tracklisting.
Tap Ya - Gary Beck
Million Miles Away - Roland Clark
Sing That - John Dahlback
Burning (Round Table Mix) - MK
Good God - Funkerman
No Sympathy - Maya Jane Coles
The Sound - Kevin Saunderson
Kanji - Julian Jewell
Green Pulse - Uto Karem
Electrical Funk - Bass Kleph
Jungle Bells - Phunk Investigation
Stop The World (Frederico Scava Mix) - Ralph Good
Get Up - New Iberian League
Work It - Roland Clark
Pjanoo - Eric Prydz
Silence (Thomas Gold Mix) - Delerium
Raptor - Fergie
Man With The Red Face (Mark Knight Mix) - Laurent Garnier

Rob H is rerecording it as loads of people have been asking for it. I actually wanted to catch a bit of Carl Cox but those tunes kept me in the Courtyard

Back