Weekend Antics

macdonsj said:
friends came over and we went to Cube in Glasgow (not our normal choice - thats burnt down - but back next week!!!!) company was good as was the drinks but the club was pretty poor

The Shack or Trash?

Fraz said:
Good weekend a bit tired this morning tho :confused:

Spent weekend in Glasgow. Had a great time. Highlight of weekend was Groove Armada at Carling Academy. That place is like a sweat box :evil: Was so hot.

Got completely pi*sed before I even got there :oops: Walked back to the hotel after it and passed the arches - was tempted to go in but my dampened clothes were getting cold and was in much need of a kebab :lol:

What a lightweight :rolleyes:

One of my friends was djing beforehand at GA.

How were Spektrum as well?

Boring. Christmas shopping and trip to Bluewater. Essex in Kent. Roast dinner. Healthy weekend with no supplements.

Clara said:
Fraz said:
Good weekend a bit tired this morning tho :confused:

Spent weekend in Glasgow. Had a great time. Highlight of weekend was Groove Armada at Carling Academy. That place is like a sweat box :evil: Was so hot.

Got completely pi*sed before I even got there :oops: Walked back to the hotel after it and passed the arches - was tempted to go in but my dampened clothes were getting cold and was in much need of a kebab :lol:

What a lightweight :rolleyes:

One of my friends was djing beforehand at GA.

How were Spektrum as well?

Clara,

They were ok but to be honest I spent most of my time at the bar while they were on and did not pay much attention :oops: . Met an old colleague from work who was with the MC from GA. Talked bollox with them for a bit.

GA were fab though. Quality night. If you have ever seen the live at Brixton Academy DVD is was better than that and the atmosphere was top

Trash Clara

friends with Kevin Stephen & Woody so its always a good laugh there

last 2 tunes for the saturday before it burnt down were

Bassheads - is there anybody....
Yomanda - Synth & Strings (cheesy i know but when u r pished - a good laugh)

Although - Cannot believe you had to ask - me in Shack dancing to Tiffany????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

Buckley said:
Barbie said:
After the football decided we wanted to minx more so me and Jamie make a new game, the 'closing roads' game where we'd find barriers and cones and then put them across the road so cars couldn't get past :lol: Then we were getting really clever at the 'closing roads' game cos we closed roads so cars had to make detour and then closed the road where they drove down on the detour :lol: Then we hid in the bushes and watched all these cars having to reverse and cause mini traffic jams :lol: It really doesn't take much to amuse us :oops: :eek: :lol:

And these barriers Babs, can you remember what they had printed on the back of them, perchance? Just out of interest.....

*taps fingers on desk impatiently*

Buckley said:
Yup, was asking if the barriers you 'hired' for your 'road closure works' had a company name on the back?

You see? :lol:

Buckley have you ever tried humping barriers and cones round when you're off your head, looking for a name on the back wasn't a priority :lol:

Barbie said:
Buckley have you ever tried humping barriers and cones round when you're off your head, looking for a name on the back wasn't a priority :lol:

Where did you take them from? :lol: Was there little old ladies falling down holes in london town because of you two? :lol:

Barbie said:
Buckley said:
Yup, was asking if the barriers you 'hired' for your 'road closure works' had a company name on the back?

You see? :lol:

Funny enough I have - as 15/16 yr old I sometimes used to leave Camden Palace :oops: and go straight out to work as a labourer on a Sat/Sun morning. You wanna try breaking out a hole on Pentonville Road with jackhammer, with traffic speeding past you, while hallucinating! :lol: Although at least it had a 'repetetive beat'!

If my company was called 'Buckley' something I guess you'd notice but as it's not I guess you wouldn't.

stuie said:
Barbie said:

Where did you take them from? :lol: Was there little old ladies falling down holes in london town because of you two? :lol:

And poor, honest, hard-working contractors having to fight off charges from the local council and the Health and Safety Executive for endangering the public with unguarded excavations! Evil children :twisted: :lol:

stuie said:

No we were doing our bit for pedestrians by taking cars off the roads, by the end of the year we want to make East London a car free area :lol:

Fri: Saw Way Out West at Turnmills. Excellent night. They were on 12 till 4, and blended breaks with proggy house tunes and a bit of trance thrown in too.
Wasnt too rammed and atmosphere was spot on all night. Good to see Rich Goose in there too.

Saturday was a wash out and Sunday saw "Churchill:The Hollywood Years" in the cinema.. Utter rubbish!

Marcusg, did you to go Underdog? Went past the queue on sunday and it didnt look that big, was VERY tempted!

Fri: poured a few of Arthur's finest down the gullet

Sat: watched Man U vs Southampton :D down the local, then went for food + drinks in town for a mate's birthday, and ended up having much fun dancing to some old skool dance classics in Po Na Na's 8) :lol:

Sun: went to see "The Incredibles" which was incredibly good entertainment :D

SuperD said:
Sat: watched Man U vs Southampton :D down the local

I didn't realise you supported Man United.

Although, I suppose if you come from Cambridge... ;)

Back