Wedding Conundrum

I'm with the guys on this one. You've been invited, so don't overthink it, go if you think it will be fun. Don't go if you don't want to spend the money, think it would be boring, have a better offer (or any other reason!). Sounds like a pretty nice way to spend a weekend overall.

Miss Boo, people getting married have to have a 'cut-line' or everyone they'd ever met would have to be invited. So you started out on the wrong side of the cut because the happy couple were strong-armed in to inviting cousin Sally that they never see. This was because the father of the bride's brother would be moody otherwise, because his youngest daughter (Sally) is his pride and joy. And she invited them to hers, even though they never went because they barely know her. Luckily Sally has declined as she has tickets to a death metal festival so there is room for you.

So, go if you can afford it, think it will be fun and you'll appreciate being there and genuinely add to their big day. If none of those three apply, give Jon the £200 to add and extra bang* to his stag adventure.:lol:

*Sexual slang not intended:lol:

If you don't fancy it, can I'll go? ;)

Weddings are ace full stop though :D I would consider training to be a registrar if it meant I could go to more of them (and if the market wasn't already cornered by "lovely" size 16 women in very comfortable footwear).

I reckon go, if it turns out shes being a popularity case, sex her new husband in the toilets whilst she throws the flowers :D ... Then punch her in the tits. No don't. Just go.. If its ****, leave early.

I'm not into weddings... Sure they're beautiful and all that, and all happy and **** but by golly they're so ****ing boring :p

Miss Boo, people getting married have to have a 'cut-line' or everyone they'd ever met would have to be invited. So you started out on the wrong side of the cut because the happy couple were strong-armed in to inviting cousin Sally that they never see. This was because the father of the bride's brother would be moody otherwise, because his youngest daughter (Sally) is his pride and joy. And she invited them to hers, even though they never went because they barely know her. Luckily Sally has declined as she has tickets to a death metal festival so there is room for you.

So, go if you can afford it, think it will be fun and you'll appreciate being there and genuinely add to their big day. If none of those three apply, give Jon the £200 to add and extra bang* to his stag adventure.:lol:

*Sexual slang not intended:lol:

:lol:

this is ridiculous... all this game playing and lying is for teenagers!

It's someone's wedding... are people's egos that easily bruised just because they are not # 1 on the invite list???

What a sensitive bunch of pansies we have here!

Woah woah woah! Chill out! :lol:

This is someone I've known for 15 years... I think I had a right to be slightly indignant not to be invited at first when other girls in our group were invited.

As for the sexing of the new husband.... no way! He's a fat banker (no pun intended :lol:). The brides dad is a bit of a silver fox though... haha! Joke :twisted:

I think I will go... Dorset looks like it will be lovely in June... and I do like a good wedding! :p

This is someone I've known for 15 years... I think I had a right to be slightly indignant not to be invited at first when other girls in our group were invited.

As for the sexing of the new husband.... no way! He's a fat banker (no pun intended :lol:). The brides dad is a bit of a silver fox though... haha! Joke :twisted:

I think I will go... Dorset looks like it will be lovely in June... and I do like a good wedding! :p

Very true, my friends wedding back in March was one of the best weekends I have had so far, best wedding I have ever been to :p

Women make me laugh sometimes :lol:

(don't mean that in a bad way)

Male decision process:

1 Am I available that weekend?
2 Is there a free bar?
3 Will there be any totty?

Women make me laugh sometimes :lol:

(don't mean that in a bad way)

Male decision process:

1 Am I available that weekend?
2 Is there a free bar?
3 Will there be any totty?

Free-bar is crucial. We are at a wedding in June and due to the groom just being released by his club, the free bar has been pulled! May as well call the whole thing off in my book!!:lol:

If you don't fancy it, can I'll go? ;)

Weddings are ace full stop though :D I would consider training to be a registrar if it meant I could go to more of them (and if the market wasn't already cornered by "lovely" size 16 women in very comfortable footwear).

it aint the gig you think it is, on a busy day you could have 4 or 5 weddings scattered across the county, meaning you can only spend about an hour at each one, and its generally the hour where everyone is on their best behaviour, you would be long gone by the time any shenanigans kicked off.....on the other hand if a jilting is what we are talking about, then you got the best seat in the house!!!

I am chilled out! :lol: I thought you said it was someone you only saw once a year. So why do you care?

sorry, it still sounds very childish.. with the "why was she invited first, but not me' attitude!

Back