water...

There were certainly people filling from taps in priv this year - and I think the fact that you get a 500ml bottle for 6€ instead of the small ones everywhere else probably suggests that you can drink the water. Having said that I didn't risk it.

For many years now I have simply put a 5 litre bottle in the car, then from time to time gone out, drank my fill and refilled a small bottle to take back in. Safe, cheap and it means you get to be the 'water baron' on the dancfoor offering out water like it's a cheap as - um, water! I always buy a couple in the club though fair is fair.

Don Powell said:
Quick tip for Pacha: Bring your money! Now, water is 8 euro, all non-alcoholic drinks like coke, red bull, etc. are 10 including beer. And mixed drinks like vodka redbull are 15 euro.

Good place, but how far can they stretch it?

Remember once back in 1997 in KU/privillege bought 0,2 bottle of orange juice for 35 $...that was certainly stupid, but It turned out to be VIP area and I was with a garl, so had nothing else to do but to pay ...

And BTW drank a lot of tap water in Privillege after 3 Versaces in 2000, it tasted not bad i can say,not salty at all, guess no problema to drink if u are dropping dead of heat and ran out of money...

I can't remember for the life of me where it was I read about the Privilege thing but it was in a guidebook or magazine a couple of years ago.

The water in Privilege honestly tasted normal, not salty at all. I had a tiny bit by accident in Eden and believe me you could definately tell the difference....yuck.

I'm quite happy to drink the Privilege water again :D

Every other club apart from Privilege is connected to the local water supply which has too high a mineral content for your stomach to adapt to in the time you are there on holiday.

Privilege has a fresh water reservior and is fine.

You'll probably notice the smell of the water in the showers and soap will sometimes hardly lather, theses are the minerals.

So the clubs don't actually mess with the water then, it is just crap to start with?

In Melbounre at one of the bigger clubs they used to put soap in the water so you couldn't drink it. It soon stopped when they got closed down!

In being a relatively small, very dry island with a huge rise in population during the summer - fresh water isn't exacly easy to come by.

There's only so much salt that can be take out of sea water!

Some clubs in the UK would turn of the cold water so the only water available was luke warm to hot. Then that became illegal.

Back