Was someone killed @ Ushuaia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bez you are being way too charitable with your comments!

It wouldn't have taken long to understand what the problems are and have a word with security and ask them to tone it down... it could have been fixed the first week the hotel opened.

I actually think the management want this type of atmosphere about the place. Perhaps they think it makes it feel "exclusive" in some way!

From the reports and recent events it is getting worse not better....

Some of the rules I saw being RUDELY enforced by the staff in the 4 hours I was there....
not being able to bring someone who has paid to enter the party to a guests room to see what they were like (e.g. a potential guest)
not being able to walk across half the pool area as its roped off for VIP (despite it being totally empty)
not being able to go in the pool when its a pool party (unless you are a model in which case ok no problem)
not being able to sit on floor around pool area (we were very rudely asked to stand up!) when there is nowhere else to sit unless you pay stupid money for a bed
not being allowed out and back in to visit the bank despite having a wristband - surely for a day pool party its not such a big deal (bar token booth didnt take cards, spent 100 euro in 2 hours!)

The staff are more interested in standing around posing/pouting/looking moody than providing whichever service they are supposed to be providing

anyway rant over :oops:

90% percent of the people can't be wrong or have an ax to grind. I have never heard of a hotel that would refuse to let you have guest in your room who is not staying in the hotel.

This is dreadful news, as my hubby said he hopes the " security staff" get charged with murder, its what they deserve as they did take a mans life,
I for one would NEVER even entertain the idea of going to this hotel in the future, and Im quite sure this will have damaged the hotels reputation really badly, and they could of resolved this a long time before this young man lost his life. what a dreadful waste of life
R.I.P young man,

I have never seen anything like that in Ibiza:eek:. I'm glad for it, I just look for trouble and exit when I see something about to kick off.

That vid you refer to was uploaded in 2006... and surprise, surprise the mass hoo-ha surrounds - yes - football... which is the focus for the lairyness before attention moves to t!ts. In the end, again unsurprisingly, it's a sausage that gets aired instead.

On another thread (http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=71977&page=2)

My observation is that scuffles seem to increase most after football matches (much as they do at home) ... hmmm ... and that has nothing more to do with cheap supermarket alcohol in the Ibizan sunshine than in often dreary old England ?!!

and it is indeed true.. not just Brits either. Just saying :!:

That vid you refer to was uploaded in 2006... and surprise, surprise the mass hoo-ha surrounds - yes - football... which is the focus for the lairyness before attention moves to t!ts. In the end, again unsurprisingly, it's a sausage that gets aired instead.

On another thread (http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=71977&page=2)

and it is indeed true.. not just Brits either. Just saying :!:

I was the for 2 world cup and 2 euro championship and I didn't see any trouble where I watch but that was in the PDB. There were different nationalities and we all got along great.
15862_191450800024_667045024_3389295_7345219_n.jpg

Sports Cafe in Playa den bossa

I was the for 2 world cup and 2 euro championship and I didn't see any trouble where I watch but that was in the PDB. There were different nationalities and we all got along great.

That's how it should be and in the end it's the luck of the draw - it can happen anywhere, just depends on the mix of the crowds watching and how things pan out. Just heightened spirits over it all (after games have finished) can go a bit nuts sometimes, so risk factor increases around matches generally. Viz why policing matches in the UK costs the country a small fortune !!

This is dreadful news, as my hubby said he hopes the " security staff" get charged with murder, its what they deserve as they did take a mans life,
I for one would NEVER even entertain the idea of going to this hotel in the future, and Im quite sure this will have damaged the hotels reputation really badly, and they could of resolved this a long time before this young man lost his life. what a dreadful waste of life
R.I.P young man,

Indeed, and we should not underestimate the power of this forum.

15862_191450800024_667045024_3389295_7345219_n.jpg

Sports Cafe in Playa den bossa

where in pdb is this place? over in sept and will want to catch a couple of matches

Sadly the staff member had his life support machine turned off this afternoon. if the staff in ushuaia are killing each other, it doesn't bode well as to how guests are treated

:cry: How very very tragic. Thoughts are with family and friends.

IT IS TIME FOR THESE THUGS TO BE ELIMINATED FROM OUR ISLAND......PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON VIOLENCE SHOULD NOT BE EMPLOYED TO PROTECT PEOPLE'S SAFETY.

The trouble here in Spain, as you may be aware, is most of the security staff are employed as just normal employees and not classed as security (well they are here on the mainland) this is to save money and red tape. Official security staff have to be more regulated and take certains exams and have specific documentation. Although I think even then its obviously not regulated enough.

Bottom line is it is down to the managemant of the hotel to get this right. And if reports are correct of heavy handed security right from the off at Ushuaia, and it wasnt addressed, then this was probably only a matter of time.

Seriously people, if the family and authorities pursue this rigirously then there is a very good chance it could be the end of this place. And TBH quite rightly so, nowhere is worth losing a life in such a violent way....

Last edited by a moderator:
If establishments can be fined tens (hundreds) of thousands of euros for playing music too loud, surely they should have the power to close this place down until a proper investigation can be carried out.

Very sad news, you go to work and never return from what was probably thought a dream job at the start of the summer:(

Last edited by a moderator:
And if people had bought a reduced early bird tix they were also trying to make them cough up more at the door....

they seriously need to have a word with themselves :lol::lol:

how they moved to this from such a cracking beach bar last year i have no idea!

Too big too soon, that is the problem.

R.I.P young man,

Chances are that he will be charged with Spains equivalent to mans laughter and get 3/4 years at best.

surely they should have the power to close this place down until a proper investigation can be carried out.

Absolutley agree about this being terrible news but hope the place does not get closed down as me and a group of friends have booked to stay here at the end of september as are im sure thousands of other people are due to stay there.

Just hope they catch the man who done this and he gets what he deserves!

this place was doomed for the start. So sad a guy died. RIP and Lets hope the velvet rope in the sky is more welcoming...

sickening.

RIP the chap who lost his life.

Will be giving Never Say Never a miss.

Snap, we were going to head along to the closing but balls to that idea now.

Far too many negative reports to make it even sound worth while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back