Was someone killed @ Ushuaia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
predict that this is the end of Ushuaia. very sad. I do not know the circumstances however, when I attended I thought that the door staff/bouncers were particularly hard (that is not to say that they were not being fair)

As long as the poor chap dosent die it will all be forgotten about by next week.

Fiesta have a job to do to iron out the difficulties but they will in time. The Hotel is experiencing serious teething problems but I think they will learn from it.

Fiesta have pumped in too much money to write it off as a loss this early in its existence.

I predict the opposite to you freakstar...... I think it will only get better.

I think it could only get better, Bez. These are some excerpts from Tripadvisor reviews :

about security attacking a guest on 10th August at SHM party who got in the pool and got out again immediately after being told he couldn't be in there :

"… a couple of minutes later one of the young men was elbowed to the face, he was then dragged by 4 security men towards the exit where he fell to the ground and the security then kicked him on the face twice. This all took place at the pool area where the event was on so there was plenty of people around. The security had no shame and also assualted a young girl by punching her in the face who pleaded and tried to follow to help the young boy. The boy was then dragged to the side and beaten unconsious. Afterwards the security men were then seen laughing and shaking each other's hands whilst he lay unconscious on the floor and an ambulance came as the boy would not respond."

It seems a girl who tried to follow the guy and help was allegedly punched in the face too. The reviewer, seemingly unconnected with the people assaulted by hotel security went on to say that the hotel is "a disgrace to Ibiza".

Comment - If this is what happened, in the light of recent events, I would at this stage wholeheartedly agree with the last statement. Are bouncers legally allowed to assault people like this in Spain or should criminal charges not now be brought against the staff who did this ? There is no way this is "reasonable force" and a swim in a pool is certainly not grounds for being beaten unconscious. Club Tropicana this place is not !! In UK chances are the secutiry guys would be headed for prison, for assualt. Lucky the guy was not killed.

Another review from a hotel guest from Madrid staying there :

"Staying here is like negociating prison security on a minute by minute basis. If you want a relaxing holiday meeting friends forget it...
The sound system is amazing, but the parties are lifeless and clinical."

What is surprising is that Ushuaia do not even have the courtesy of responding to criticisms of their hotel published on Tripadvisor. Perhaps if the UK Sunday Papers or one of the international music magazines investigated and published a full-page article exposing some of this stuff, they might take notice and change their ways. If not, they deserve to fail in business - it will only be a matter of time.

This is insane, this **** just purely shouldn't happen. Regardless of how much a ****er someone potentially could be there is no excuse for them losing their life.

Don't think the guest or the fellow staff member died, daveaus - not yet, anyway. The point is that by the looks of it they easily could have done and the Tripadvisor reports seem to indicate the staff are taking pleasure in assaulting guests.

I have personally witnessed the Guardia Civil in Ibiza beating a guy up like this when they thought they'd caught the person who started last year's forest fire at Benirras (he was dragged from the car in front of me by his hair as I tried to get my car off the beach and flee the danger last Summer), but these are private security people and the "offenders" are a waiter and some guests who committed the crime of jumping in an uncovered pool at a pool party . It's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the poor chap dosent die it will all be forgotten about by next week.

Fiesta have a job to do to iron out the difficulties but they will in time. The Hotel is experiencing serious teething problems but I think they will learn from it.

Fiesta have pumped in too much money to write it off as a loss this early in its existence.

Wait and see Disco Mafia

Ok...here is the truth.
The dispute was over a girl, one of the waitress's in the VIP.
The guy who was attacked was one of the staff from the VIP, he is in charge of the waitress's .
The guy who attacked him was one of the security.
He was puched in the face and fell backwards and hit his head on the concrete. He is at present in an induced coma with swelling of the brain.
As of last night he was on about a 20% chance of survival.
Lets all hope and pray that he pulls through.

IT IS TIME FOR THESE THUGS TO BE ELIMINATED FROM OUR ISLAND......PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON VIOLENCE SHOULD NOT BE EMPLOYED TO PROTECT PEOPLE'S SAFETY.

I think it could only get better, Bez. These are some excerpts from Tripadvisor reviews :

about security attacking a guest on 10th August at SHM party who got in the pool and got out again immediately after being told he couldn't be in there :

"… a couple of minutes later one of the young men was elbowed to the face, he was then dragged by 4 security men towards the exit where he fell to the ground and the security then kicked him on the face twice. This all took place at the pool area where the event was on so there was plenty of people around. The security had no shame and also assualted a young girl by punching her in the face who pleaded and tried to follow to help the young boy. The boy was then dragged to the side and beaten unconsious. Afterwards the security men were then seen laughing and shaking each other's hands whilst he lay unconscious on the floor and an ambulance came as the boy would not respond."

It seems a girl who tried to follow the guy and help was allegedly punched in the face too. The reviewer, seemingly unconnected with the people assaulted by hotel security went on to say that the hotel is "a disgrace to Ibiza".

Comment - If this is what happened, in the light of recent events, I would at this stage wholeheartedly agree with the last statement. Are bouncers legally allowed to assault people like this in Spain or should criminal charges not now be brought against the staff who did this ? There is no way this is "reasonable force" and a swim in a pool is certainly not grounds for being beaten unconscious. Club Tropicana this place is not !! In UK chances are the secutiry guys would be headed for prison, for assualt. Lucky the guy was not killed.

Another review from a hotel guest from Madrid staying there :

"Staying here is like negociating prison security on a minute by minute basis. If you want a relaxing holiday meeting friends forget it...
The sound system is amazing, but the parties are lifeless and clinical."

What is surprising is that Ushuaia do not even have the courtesy of responding to criticisms of their hotel published on Tripadvisor. Perhaps if the UK Sunday Papers or one of the international music magazines investigated and published a full-page article exposing some of this stuff, they might take notice and change their ways. If not, they deserve to fail in business - it will only be a matter of time.

Do not believe everything you read on Tripadvisor. They are personal opinions not facts.

You have to remember Ushuaia is a brand new hotel that only just opened in time for this season. Its bitten off more than it can chew and they were not prepared properly for the crowds that descended on the place.

It takes a while for any new business to settle down and start to run smoothly. Ushuaia have a huge snag list to complete but they have the whole winter season to correct them.

Of course they need to concentrate on their Hotel business and run it seperatley from the club end.

When the dust settles at the end of the season im sure there will be a lot of changes made. Its a safe bet to presume that things can only get better.....simply for the reason that they cant get very much worse.

Do not believe everything you read on Tripadvisor. They are personal opinions not facts.

Of course they need to concentrate on their Hotel business and run it seperatley from the club end.

Agreed - however one has to ask why someone would post such detail about an incident they witnessed like that, and with such specific information. They have nothing to gain from it themselves. There's usually no smoke without fire .. also, the hotel's had 10 weeks now of constant parties and guests to iron out teething problems. That ought to be enough for things to have settled down by now ?

The trouble with a hotel having a 'club end' taking up so much of the main area(s) during parties is that the two are not easily run separately. I think the two do not naturally go together well at all, especially in terms of cultures, and that there will always be tensions - but that is of course another personal view.

Sadly the staff member had his life support machine turned off this afternoon. if the staff in ushuaia are killing each other, it doesn't bode well as to how guests are treated

You have to remember Ushuaia is a brand new hotel that only just opened in time for this season. Its bitten off more than it can chew and they were not prepared properly for the crowds that descended on the place.

It takes a while for any new business to settle down and start to run smoothly. Ushuaia have a huge snag list to complete but they have the whole winter season to correct them.

When the dust settles at the end of the season im sure there will be a lot of changes made. Its a safe bet to presume that things can only get better.....simply for the reason that they cant get very much worse.

Bez you are being way too charitable with your comments!

It wouldn't have taken long to understand what the problems are and have a word with security and ask them to tone it down... it could have been fixed the first week the hotel opened.

I actually think the management want this type of atmosphere about the place. Perhaps they think it makes it feel "exclusive" in some way!

From the reports and recent events it is getting worse not better....

Some of the rules I saw being RUDELY enforced by the staff in the 4 hours I was there....
not being able to bring someone who has paid to enter the party to a guests room to see what they were like (e.g. a potential guest)
not being able to walk across half the pool area as its roped off for VIP (despite it being totally empty)
not being able to go in the pool when its a pool party (unless you are a model in which case ok no problem)
not being able to sit on floor around pool area (we were very rudely asked to stand up!) when there is nowhere else to sit unless you pay stupid money for a bed
not being allowed out and back in to visit the bank despite having a wristband - surely for a day pool party its not such a big deal (bar token booth didnt take cards, spent 100 euro in 2 hours!)

The staff are more interested in standing around posing/pouting/looking moody than providing whichever service they are supposed to be providing

anyway rant over :oops:

Some of the rules I saw being RUDELY enforced by the staff in the 4 hours I was there....
not being able to bring someone who has paid to enter the party to a guests room to see what they were like (e.g. a potential guest)
not being able to walk across half the pool area as its roped off for VIP (despite it being totally empty)
not being able to go in the pool when its a pool party (unless you are a model in which case ok no problem)
not being able to sit on floor around pool area (we were very rudely asked to stand up!) when there is nowhere else to sit unless you pay stupid money for a bed
not being allowed out and back in to visit the bank despite having a wristband - surely for a day pool party its not such a big deal (bar token booth didnt take cards, spent 100 euro in 2 hours!)

And Swedish House Mafia charges 60Euros for the privilege :lol:

Could have the Sparty of your life on the entry fee alone ! Download a live set and have it played instead. Take it in turns to be Angello & Axwell. Free fireworks when the party's busted. Sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Swedish House Mafia charges 60Euros for the privilege :lol:

And if people had bought a reduced early bird tix they were also trying to make them cough up more at the door....

they seriously need to have a word with themselves :lol::lol:

how they moved to this from such a cracking beach bar last year i have no idea!

Sadly the staff member had his life support machine turned off this afternoon. if the staff in ushuaia are killing each other, it doesn't bode well as to how guests are treated

Very sad news. So an ego trip over a girl costs a man his life whilst at his place of work. There wil be a backlash from this at the hotel for sure. Reality check for staff and management alike.

Very sad news. So an ego trip over a girl costs a man his life whilst at his place of work. There wil be a backlash from this at the hotel for sure. Reality check for staff and management alike.

very very sad indeed. RIP

hope someone gets strung up for it

Bez you are being way too charitable with your comments!

It wouldn't have taken long to understand what the problems are and have a word with security and ask them to tone it down... it could have been fixed the first week the hotel opened.

I actually think the management want this type of atmosphere about the place. Perhaps they think it makes it feel "exclusive" in some way!

From the reports and recent events it is getting worse not better....

The staff are more interested in standing around posing/pouting/looking moody than providing whichever service they are supposed to be providing

anyway rant over :oops:

Maybe I am being too charitable with them.

R.I.P to that young man and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back