Warning - Villa / Hotel robberies, Ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Jammin

This post has been removed by the Forum Administrators because of the tone of language used and the accusations made.

By all means use the forums to warn people of dangers, but you are not allowed to use the forums as a platform from which to make a personal attack on any person or company. This should be taken up in private with the person/company in question.

Any further discussion should be kept private please.

James - Spotlight

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you guys have been really really unlucky and I feel for you - to have your holiday ruined like that and to have to sort out the paperwork at the police and with your insurance companies is not what you want on holiday

For the past few years there have been a lot of warnings out there to the villa rental community, personally, touch wood neither myself nor any of our friends have been unlucky enough to have been caught out and we have used villas for the past 10 years.

We did hear of one spate of burglaries when we stayed up Sa Talaia in San Jose and because its quite remote up there we struggled with taxi's BUT we did get told that one villa company recommended a particular driver for the journey up there and a few of those villas got burgled - not saying it had anything to do with the taxi driver himself but those people in the villas were convinced that he was either passing on information after picking them up or that someone was watching the villas....

:confused:

one of the other sites it is on says

The property is very secure and its situated in a serene and quiet area. It is alarmed inside and outside and looks beautiful at night when the whole garden can be lit up by strategically placed lighting.

Stephen, what other site is it on, 'cos their were 110% NO ALARMS whilst we were their.

Buckley, I did think that myself.

The worrying thing is about it all, if you look at what I've written and what happened, it looked like they went to our villa every night.

if it isn't then they have no tase or sense of style.
the furniture in that place looks like it came from my nan's house ...
does that mean the older review on tripadvisor is still valid ? :lol:

"...
what a let down with Villa Maria, it was like a student bedsit.
I have already had my student days.

This villa needs total refurbishment.

The pictures on the website do not present the real state of the villa.
For example the garden view shows the tidy side.
From my bedroom window the grass was waist high
and littered with old children's garden play equipment.

The pool and patio were grubby.
The furniture and decor were dated and mismatched.
On the top floor one bedroom housed a bed on a raised platform
which was covered in a soiled carpet.

Bathrooms were horrible, needed regrouting and had basic showers and fittings
not up to one star standard. In fact one shower did not work.

The owner / landlord deemed the property suitable
and felt that there was no cause for concern.

If you are looking for a well cared for stylish clean and comfortable holiday home
look elsewhere.
..."

:lol: :lol:

So sad story...:eek::eek::eek:

Never stayed in a villa, but about 5 years ago we've been stolen at Playa D'en Bossa: money, passports, car key, t-shirts...

The world seems to collapse when something like that occurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
crime happens everywhere and not just to tourists. someone nicked my laptop from the dining room table - they climbed up the balconies to get in (my wife was asleep in the bedroom) in broad daylight, took it, climbed back down and ran away. the woman (here on holiday from madrid) on the opposite balcony saw everything and didn't say a word because she thought 'everyone in ibiza climbed up balconies to get in and out of their apartments.'

having said that, i suren't haven't had as much stuff nicked as when i lived in a villa in manchester!!

Crimes happen everywhere, but it's really annoying when they hit during holydays.:evil::evil:

Anyway, for what concerning the villa, exterior view looks really good but interiors are too minimalist IMO.

I am quite surprised this is the first significant thread about this.
Villa robberies have been a major issue for at least the last 5 years.
The same villas are being hit again and again.
The police are doing very little to stop this.
It would not take much of an operation to infiltrate some of these gangs with undercover agents from the country of origin of these people to at least get a few of them put away to act as a deterrent.
A lot of these people (though not all) are from Romania.
I am a great lover of Ibiza, but have been complaining about certain things which I feel are very detrimental it's continued success.
Last time I mentioned the Villa robberies on this site, I had a few comments back reminding me that this happens everywhere, and it's no worst in Ibiza than some towns in the UK etc.
I still think it is worst in Ibiza than anywhere else I have ever lived, and I have lived in some dodgy places. I also think the that the problem would be easier to solve in Ibiza than most large cities elsewhere.
There is also the overiding fact that Ibiza earns it's money from tourism so anything that would discourage them from coming should be of prime importance.

Here's a grassy knoll conspiracy theory about why the Local Cops do nothing about Villa break ins...

They are too well connected to the Powerful Hoteliers lobby group who have been actively trying to have the Villa rental market restricted as it is impacting negativley on their buisness??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The old bill did tell us one thing, it was likely to be Moroccan gypsies who robbed us.

When we were robbed, he told us romanians did it.
Oh I am of moroccan origin and never heard about moroccan gypsies.
They are quite racists at the guardia office.

I am quite surprised this is the first significant thread about this.
Villa robberies have been a major issue for at least the last 5 years.
The same villas are being hit again and again.
The police are doing very little to stop this.
It would not take much of an operation to infiltrate some of these gangs with undercover agents from the country of origin of these people to at least get a few of them put away to act as a deterrent.
A lot of these people (though not all) are from Romania.
I am a great lover of Ibiza, but have been complaining about certain things which I feel are very detrimental it's continued success.
Last time I mentioned the Villa robberies on this site, I had a few comments back reminding me that this happens everywhere, and it's no worst in Ibiza than some towns in the UK etc.
I still think it is worst in Ibiza than anywhere else I have ever lived, and I have lived in some dodgy places. I also think the that the problem would be easier to solve in Ibiza than most large cities elsewhere.
There is also the overiding fact that Ibiza earns it's money from tourism so anything that would discourage them from coming should be of prime importance.

Alarming thread, the above post in particular. The 'powers that be' are trying to eradicate one particular image of Ibiza yet they appear happy enough to let another problem grow out of hand with scant regard to those affected.

The police are lazy. They say stuff like it was probably Moroccans or Romanians to try and give the impression that they know what they are doing. It really doesn't make you feel any better and it really doesn't matter what nationality the burglars are anyway. You still wont get your stuff back.

my sister's apartment was broken into 2years ago while she was sleeping....!:eek:
apparently this guy did a "spiderman" up the outside wall to the balcony!
ibiza is hardcore for this sort of stuff......

colin jammin: it sounds like that the villa place was involved in the robberies 2me also....
****house babe....:cry:

I did post this somewhere before but, villa robberies are definately on the increase. Friends of mine have a holiday villa which has been broken into 4 times this summer, they have had it for 5 years and nothing before then. The first time while their friends were asleep, they got in and stole their wallets that were next to their beds, very scary.

They are sure its the same people and are certain the villa is being watched. Even when it has been locked the windows have been crow-barred open. The police do not seem interested at all. They have spoke with a security company on the island who told them the level of break-ins is now "getting ridiculous". They are now putting bars on the windows, installing shutters and putting their house on the market as these scum have taken the magic off the island for them and they just do not feel safe. It really is a problem on the island and if the authorities do not do anything about it they will risk losing many tourists who just will not come back again, and losing house owners who love the island but now have to sell up because their safety now feels compromised.

What the hell, you kept 7000€ in cash in the hotel room? That's just absurd.

Not really.
Villa Maria sleeps up to 14 people.
So with every one's cash it soon adds up.

Leaving the wallet on a table outside wasn't the best of ideas though.

What is absurd if bordering on anarchic is that one's villa can be under seige without any oposition from the authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back