Warning - Villa / Hotel robberies, Ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.
Villa Maria sleeps up to 14 people.
So with every one's cash it soon adds up.

Leaving the wallet on a table outside wasn't the best of ideas though.

What is absurd if bordering on anarchic is that one's villa can be under seige without any oposition from the authorities.

Well that was the cash of 7 people. So everyone left around 1000€. That's quite a lot of cash to have.

Not really.
Actually, I think the guy's got a good point.

Even divided by 14, that's 500 euros each... I would never leave 500 euros in my room. In fact, I'd never have that much on me for the duration of my trip :!: (edit: just read above that it was 1000 euros from 7 people. even worse!)

This goes back to what I'm always telling people in the "what's the exchange rate/how much cash should I take" threads. It's 2009, for heaven's sake. Leave home with just your credit/debit cards, use them wherever you can (stores, restaurants), and take your cash from bank machines. It follows that you only carry around as much cash as you need for 1-2 days.

All that aside, very sorry to hear about this incident...

Not really.

Leaving the wallet on a table outside wasn't the best of ideas though.

What is absurd if bordering on anarchic is that one's villa can be under seige without any oposition from the authorities.

Leaving the wallet, obviously stupid, but not on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is you will never be financially reimbursed as insurance companies have every avenue covered and you will get minimal compensation,plus you have bad memories of your holiday.

robbed

well that sux, I mean everyone seems to be getting on you for leaving money out, but you guys were robbed no one asks to have that happen to them, regardless of how carless they were the place that they were staying should have given them some kind of heads up, at the very least.

i'm not so sure about the ibiza police attitude being different from anywhere as is implied by all the coments here about their lack of interest. i don't exactly remember the manchester ploice sending a swat squad down to our house when similar things were happening to it or my car? or is it different where you all live?

... SOMEONE nicked my laptop ... CLIMBED UP THE BALCONIES to get in ...
in broad daylight, took it, CLIMBED BACK DOWN and ran away ...
omg - i have a sneaking suspicion ...
9l93l0.jpg

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1260943&postcount=254

2u9qtkx.gif

i'm not so sure about the ibiza police attitude being different from anywhere as is implied by all the coments here about their lack of interest. i don't exactly remember the manchester ploice sending a swat squad down to our house when similar things were happening to it or my car? or is it different where you all live?

I am not a big fan of Guardia Civil or other similar people, but I am a bit surprised to hear how lazy they are and bla bla bla. OK, they are not the nicest people in the world, and that's a fact, but do everybody expect to have a whole army around a vacation house that has been robed?
Also, maybe you not being fluent in spanish and them not being fluent in english may increase the sensation of lack of interest.

Sorry to hear about the robberies anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back