War Concerns

hmm

hmmm...ok this discussion is getting a bit sobby now. But true, wouldnt the world just be a GREAT PLACE if leaders could meet, fight and not take it out on the population as they do.?? :)

Re: hmm

Ibiza-girlie said:
hmmm...ok this discussion is getting a bit sobby now. But true, wouldnt the world just be a GREAT PLACE if leaders could meet, fight and not take it out on the population as they do.?? :)

Like wrestling WWF style-eeeee :p That would be fab :D

Ihave to say that Clinton was a charismatic and BELIEVABLE president, even though he cheated on Hillary with Monica and lied anbout the whole thing (So did Kennedy, and look what he did to his country - he was an outstanding president).

The thing I learnt from Clinton... BJ's are not sexual relations!

Also in this third page of points made, I have a Question. Many people have all agreed to the fact the Saddam needs to be stopped. Yet he refuses to step down and threats peace in the world. How would you handle it? Let him be and potentially become a bigger, more powerful threat. Try to continue to talk him to step down (this seems little useless, as he has shown he wont step down).. Or war? (option nobody wants, but would you be willing to support it for that reason?).. any other choice?

typical yanks

they happily give money to the IRA to kill the English, they ignore the killings in Spain by terrorists, they ignore the killings in Germany by terrorists, they ignore the killings in France by terrorists etc etc but as soon as they are attacked it becomes a world wide requirement to stop terrorism - excuse me whilst I puke and suggest you stay home if you can't see whose fault this is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although your posting is aggressive tony, unfortunately you´re right - he (bush) pushs up the own problem and suddenly all the other killings all over the world are forgotten!
again, this isn´t against americans in general! only against bush!! so don´t be offended!

i must say it really calms me down reading this postings here - i think we clubbers have many things in common (regardless of age or occupation and so on)! i appreciate your view of things... ;)

True, steps MUST be taken - NOW! And sad too see it has to be severe steps, and peace demonstrations that have happened all day in DK as well as in Hyde Park.....sorry. Bush wants a war, he will get one. End of the story... :-( :evil:

Peddy

Overly aggressive probably and you are quite right - I have very good friends and relatives in America and the criticism is mainly aimed at the administration.
For an American to consider travelling outside the US is remarkable in itself - I read something like 98% have never left their shores, but then they are pretty large! - and so I should have encouraged rather than gone off on a rant.
No offence intended to individuals :oops:

I was in Ibiza during September 11th 2001. To me this is quite significant. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't let the bastards get you down!
Fear is an illusion, carry on spreading good vibes and you are doing your bit to save the world.
(wasn't the London anti war march fantastic?)

Robder said:
I was in Ibiza during September 11th 2001. To me this is quite significant. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't let the bastards get you down!
Fear is an illusion, carry on spreading good vibes and you are doing your bit to save the world.
(wasn't the London anti war march fantastic?)

Yeah I was there Sept 11th. Funking scary, we didn't even know about it til 24 hours later on Weds due to bit of messy Carry On @ Space sesh, followed by Perfecto @ Pacha :rolleyes: To this day I can so clearly remember my b/friend getting newspaper on Weds afternoon and coming up to me going 'Babe you are not going to believe what has happened yesterday' :cry: Then reading about it :cry: I tell you I never switch the TV on on holiday and we were glued to it for the rest of the day :rolleyes: :cry:

I was in Ibiza a few weeks before September 11th and I remember watching some of the news on the BBC news in Ibiza and seeing all of this horrible terrorist type activity in Israel etc... I thought to myself then something bad is going to happen because I could just feel it. I am not trying to say that I am psychic or something because I am not. But I realised then that this world is just getting crazy and that life in this world is not the same as it used to be. September 11th was a scary day for me. America has never really had to deal with the terrorist activity like some other countries have. I really feel for those countries out there who have to deal with that kind of suffering day in and day out. I guess now I realise that it can happen anywhere. I find that to be soooooo sad because I love the world and I don't understand why people hate each other when they don't even know each other. I would never wish death upon somebody even if I really disliked them.

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that I don't think that war is good. I don't want war. I also have concerns just like the rest of you guys about what Bush's underlying motives might be. All I know is that I have a very good friend in the United States Marine Core over in the middle east right now and that I hope he is OK and that despite our differences I am very proud of him. I just hope that whatever happens meaning if we go to war or not that the troops involved come back safely and hopefully someday the Iraqi people can live in a prosperous, Sadaam free country and can feel the great feeling like I feel everday to live in a country that gives you the freedom to do so. Sorry for babbling on guys! I just had to say that! Once again, let's all try to love one another!:D

It's great to see that all the demonstrations against war on the streets, not only in Europe but in the whole world, have been very supported.
A friend of mine has even traveled to Iraq to become a human shield. I didn't believe it when I saw him in the newspaper, but I think he's very brave. :eek:

Tony is true when he says the USA have seen terrorism a worldwide threat since 11-S and they are asking for help now whereas they ignored terrorism in other countries before that disastrous date. :rolleyes:

The basque terrorist group ETA have killed about 800 people in Spain since early 70s, most of them military people and politicians, but even civilians (politicians and military relatives or people who had the misfortune to be close to a terrorist bomb). They have attacked French spots too.

The IRA have been extremely bloodthirsty in England and N.Ireland too, and Germany have suffered from terrorism as well.

It's good that the USA have now opened their eyes and help other countries against terrorism, but it's been quite late, and they are wrong as for war.

Back