Wanted: A Thousand Dance Music Journalists - Ibiza 2009

grego

Hello all,

In 2009, Spotlight is giving you the chance to play the journalist and tell us exactly how clubbing on the white isle really is.

Imagine a clubbing version of Trip Advisor, we want warts and all; too hot, too busy, what tunes you heard, exactly how you felt when the Amnesia ice cannon went off, was it value for money, what you'd do differently next time or maybe it was just clubbing perfection!!

To join in, you'll need to do a specific event review, supply some photos (preferably) and some basic info like event details, cost of ticket, who played, etc, etc.........other than that, you're free to be as wacky as you like in describing what went on.

We'll be rehashing the forums to accommodate this and incorporating the best reviews on the main site too.

So then, why not reply below telling us when you're here and what night you fancy reviewing, then we'll take it from there.

aug 31st - 5th sept

aug 31st - swedish house mafia @ pacha
sep 1st - armanda/ roger sanchez

sept 3rd - cream
sept 4th - wonderland

Last edited by a moderator:
june 24th to 8th july.

will be going to..

24th wed / atomik @ boho
25th thur / cream @ amnesia
27th sat / zoo project
28th sun / judgement sunday @ eden
29th mon / tiesto @ privilege
30th tue / clubland @ es paradis (maybe armada depending on line up)
1st wed / atomik @ boho
2nd thur / cream @ amnesia
4th sat / zoo project
5th sun / judgement sunday @ eden
6th mon / tiesto @ privilege
7th tue / armada @ amnesia

Can do any or all of those for ya bro !

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definitely have a stab at this

There July 12th till July 19th

Being as it's only night I know I'm going to for certain. Put me down for Tiesto on the 13th.

If I decide to go and nobody else claims it, I'll come back and put my name down for Armada on the 14th too.

I'll definitely have a stab at this

There July 12th till July 19th

Being as it's only night I know I'm going to for certain. Put me down for Tiesto on the 13th.

If I decide to go and nobody else claims it, I'll come back and put my name down for Armada on the 14th too.

no reason why we can't have more than one for the same night, be good to see how different people perceive what's going on in the same place.

I'll be up for writing about my nights at Monza, Zoo Project, Carl Cox @ Space, Cocoon and Superfreq in August...

hey guys, i'm there for the whole summer so ill have a bash a few times no doubt!! i get there may 29th till close!!
Just got back from a 4 day stint (sorting job, accommodation etc)......

Went to Savannah, Hush, Babylon (ace new bar), Viva and Tulp openings!!

I can definitely get some pics and reviews sorted for Space Opening! And i should be at Zoo Opening on 30th.......
Provided my friend sorts out my free entry!! ha ha

I would be interested in this, I am over 29th May - 5th June and will be attending:

Pure Pacha opening - 29th May
Zoo Opening - 30th May
Space Opening - 31st May
(fingers and toes crossed) Circo Loco at DC10 - Monday 1st June

Thanks

Hey, i would be interested in this. I'll be there from june24th for a week. Will defo be going to cream, judgement Sunday and Tiesto8) .. possibly the zoo project too.:D

This sounds very interesting, I did some reviews for some events here in holland.
I'm going to Ibiza for the 3rd year now, so I'd really love to write some reviews!

I'm there from the 20th of june till the 4th of july
events that I'm gonna visit for sure:

Cocoon @ Amnesia (22-06 / 29-06)
Meganite Opening @ Privilege (24-06)
The Zoo Project @ Gala Night (probably 27-06)
We Love Space (21-06 or 28-06)
Be @ Space (not sure which date yet)
Circo Loco (if there's gonna be one)

I will be visiting more nights, but haven't planned it all out yet (wonderland, pacha etc.)

But maybe you can give some more information about how it all works,
for example:
- I have a Canon EOS cam, but in most clubs it isn't allowed to take photo's. Is there a way to get the cam in or do I have to use my cellphone and take a quick pic

I'd like to hear more from you!

If you're cam is small enough wack it down the ol Y-fronts. Otherwise I have asked a doris in the queue to put mine in a *special place for me to smuggle it in !!!

*special place does not mean sweaty place.

tom

If you're cam is small enough wack it down the ol Y-fronts. Otherwise I have asked a doris in the queue to put mine in a *special place for me to smuggle it in !!!

*special place does not mean sweaty place.

tom

kinda hard to hide something like this:

canon-eos-1000d_1.jpg

;)

but I guess a small digicam should be easier :)

Cocoon @ Amnesia (22-06 / 29-06)
Meganite Opening @ Privilege (24-06)
The Zoo Project @ Gala Night (probably 27-06)
We Love Space (21-06 or 28-06)
Be @ Space (not sure which date yet)
Circo Loco (if there's gonna be one)

I will be visiting more nights, but haven't planned it all out yet (wonderland, pacha etc.)

You will get away with taking pics @ Zoo Project, Pacha and Eden no problemo - the others.. just be discreet, take a camera phone :)

31.8-14.9

31.8 SHM
2.9 Morillo
5.9 Defected

Purple Music
10.9 F*** Me I'm Famous
11.9 People from Ibiza Closing Party/Made in Italy
12.9 Matinee ??
13.9 Blue Marlin /Paco Fernandes

as for cameras, i'd love to be able to do press passes for you all but c'mon....;)

space no worries, as we can use press photos.

amnesia is the only difficult one, but just use your initiative or phone. if you can't take pics, don't worry, we'll still publish the review.

I will be going to the following parties and would love to write about my experiences:

Cream Opening Party with VIP Balcony Access - 6/18/2009
We Love Space - 6/21/2009
Tiesto at Privilege - 6/22/2009
Clubland at Es Paradis - 6/23/2009

I may go to another smaller night or two, but these four are set in stone.

Back