Wagwan Spotlight...

Super P

What's happening ?! No spotlight activity. How was everyones break ? Mine, lovely, good Christmas, brilliant New Year, got a new job and split up with my lemon curd ( bird ). All in all, very successful little break. It's cold.

What's happening ?! No spotlight activity. How was everyones break ? Mine, lovely, good Christmas, brilliant New Year, got a new job and split up with my lemon curd ( bird ). All in all, very successful little break. It's cold.

Great Xmas, great time off, great start to the new year. Now back to life, back to reality.

And boyfriend needs to find job as he was made redundant 3 days before Xmas :cry:

No sunny holidays planned so far for us this year :cry:

Great Xmas, great time off, great start to the new year. Now back to life, back to reality.

And boyfriend needs to find job as he was made redundant 3 days before Xmas :cry:

No sunny holidays planned so far for us this year :cry:

ah that sucks, im sure he'll find something soon. you could get him to come on here and moan about it! :lol:

Fab christmas and New Year - very very lo key and that's the way it was planned.

first day back to work today - so far so good - a 7.5/10 I would say :lol:

Husband out of work so no holidays planned at moment for us either. - ho hum - onwards and upwards.... :lol::lol::lol:

Had a nice Christmas, was a bit more hectic than planned but had a good time nontheless. Then headed off to sunny Barcelona for 5 days for NYE break. Had an amazing time, a very much well deserved break for me and Jon! Got to spend some time with lovely Rachel :) and just totally fell in love with the city! We're definately going back for Sonar in June :D

Celebrations continued yesterday night as I was born 26 years ago today! :) I feel old!

Detox starts tomorrow.....

great Xmas
good NYE out at a party - good because it was very last minute

drank loads
ate probably less via sleeping thru brekkies

too short a time off!

My detox started yesterday with a cup of hot water and lemon and a brisk walk round the block with the dog! But it's one step at a time, especially when it's January and cold and your back at work :cry: I'm just trying to think I am lucky to have a job...and a snowboarding holiday booked for Feb! :) I was the host this Christmas and new year and all went well and I feel suitably relaxed from my time off, although I'm another year older as it was my birthday on the 30th...Bekiboo I'm 27 now and thinking 26 now sounds a lot younger!

Had a nice family christmas, spent xmas week with the family in an old farmhouse in Malvern lot's of drinking, eating and not much else. 2nd week at home just me wifey & baby. NYE just had some friends round for a little bit of a soiree, it all went too quick for my liking and dont remember having any real "slob days". as for feeling old I'm 40 this year!!!:eek:

Christmas was a good family time

New Years was VERY excessive for me. Took 24 hours to recover, Didn't pick up the car until the 3rd Jan!

It's my Birthday today which always sucks as it's always around this time everyone is back to work, on detox, skint etc. etc.

So sat at home ploughing through work emails.

Ho hum...

New Years was VERY excessive for me. Took 24 hours to recover, Didn't pick up the car until the 3rd Jan!

It's my Birthday today which always sucks as it's always around this time everyone is back to work, on detox, skint etc. etc.

Ho hum...

I knew there was someone on here who shared my birthday! It sucks doesn't it! Luckily I managed to drag my friends out for a roast and lots of drinks yesterday, so I managed to get a good p1ssup in :) Nursing a killer hangover today though :spank:

Ho hum...

Happy Birthday Jammy - go and annoy phil with some premature Liverpool v Everton FA Cup bantering..... xxx

flew back to HK on Xmas Day, had already done a freebie upgrade from Virgin Econ to Prem Econ, only to find during Self Check-In, they bumped me up to Upper Class! 8) JACKPOT!

Up the "invitation only" lift, down a corridor, thru private security, and airside all within 2 mins. Headed for the Virgin Clubhouse, for Burger and a Beer, and chilled for an hour before boarding flight in front of the rabble... (which included Mo from this years Big Brother).

Spent the following week, walking round HK feeling chilly despite it being 17°C+ shooting lots of pics and did bugger all shopping as exhange rate was pants. But couldnt resist spending 1590HK$ on a pair of CA jeans :oops:

On the downside flew back in Economy and had about as much comfort as a battery hen, got picked up by the burd and spent fri down westside, and sat down selfridges shopping like a complete woman...

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked Christmas Day when I wasn't supposed to:evil:

Had Boxing Day off which was nice and had an 'open flat'. About 15 people came and went during the day and evening (good job I had finished the cooking by 2pm as I was hammered by 5).

Worked the late shift NYE and early on New Years Day.

Bit of a washout really with Boxing Day the only highlight. :(

Christmas was spent not well in bed.

New Year, I worked 2-10 new years eve and 10-6 new years day . I slept in for that one.:lol:

Fairly quiet festive period , going in to hibernation now, one night out a month . Got loads to save for, Ibiza, new flat, Southport Weekender, T In The Park etc etc.

I spent Christmas in sunny Florida with the family. Flew in 2 days early, picked up the last couple of gifts on Christmas Eve (all the others were waiting for me upon arrival in various UPS and FedEx boxes :lol:). Spent the holiday opening presents and feasting with the family.

The rest of the week involved lots of random sleeping (did not quite adjust to the time difference), a post-holiday shopping spree (clothes are so cheap in the States!) and a couple of family excursions including heading down to the beach one afternoon. Instead of usual temps in the upper teens C (60s F), it was around 27 C/80 F every day :D A welcome respite considering it started snowing the day we left Moscow and apparently hasn't stopped.

Flew to Honolulu on Dec 30. Currently kicking it on Waikiki 8) Only downside is my timing is entirely screwed up and I get up at 8am with nothing to do in the morning, thus my appearance here :lol:

Got back from work trip to china on 21st Dec, spent a few days in the New Forest at posh hotel with the bf, had surprise horse riding which was great. Then back to London to wave him off at airport :cry:.

Spent few days at parents in Devon, got taken to various crap gatherings (very Bridget Jones turkey buffet) and then back to London at first possible opportunity.

NYE was, as expected, total rubbish due to 1. being in Ealing and 2. being drunk by 10pm. Bed by 2am with a Subway, enough said.

Last few days spent sales shopping (got some good bargains :)), chilling with the bf and trying not to think about going back to work having not been there since 8th Dec.

All in all 9.5/10

Flew to Honolulu on Dec 30. Currently kicking it on Waikiki 8) Only downside is my timing is entirely screwed up and I get up at 8am with nothing to do in the morning, thus my appearance here :lol:

You've already been told your not allowed to post things like this.

You've already been told your not allowed to post things like this.

agreed

whilst Morbyd is obviously intelligent and well-travelled, he has an occasional propensity to show off, which can get slightly tiresome if you're unemployed and freezing your bollox off in a lice-infested crack den squat in walthamstow

whilst Morbyd is obviously intelligent and well-travelled, he has an occasional propensity to show off, which can get slightly tiresome if you're unemployed and freezing your bollox off in a lice-infested crack den squat in walthamstow
Honestly not trying to show off, mate... just recounting my holiday. There's a lot of travelers on here...

nostrum said:
was in ibiza :D
Now THAT is showing off :lol:

(I do often feel a tinge of envy with I-Spy's tales... after years living in Ibiza, spent this autumn tooling around Central America and is now off in SE Asia somewhere. :evil: :lol:)

Edit: I should add that I'll be back in my tiny crappy apartment in -15C and snowy Moskva in less than a week :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back