Wagwan Spotlight...

This Christmas we went back home to Birmingham to show our faces as we haven't had a christmas with the rellies in two years as we've ran away to a nice hotel and hidden away. Travelled back home Xmas eve and met up with a friend for cocktails which was nice as i've not seen her for two years. Xmas day was your usual run of the mill day really. Boxing night however was a different story as our friends decided to have a bust up with him going for her and her calling the police, not a good night really :rolleyes:.

The rest of the break we had nice lunches/suppers out, stayed away from said friends and relaxed. Did not find anything in the sales as its generally quite crap :rolleyes:. NYE we were called at 4pm to say the gig was back on so it was a nice ending to the year really as we were faced with spending the night in.

We're looking at going away for Xmas next year, perhaps Orlando :p

Honestly not trying to show off, mate... just recounting my holiday. There's a lot of travelers on here...

shame on you, yr supposed to stay within the confines of Moscow backstreets and frequenting places that no ones heard of! didnt you know! :lol:

shame on you, yr supposed to stay within the confines of Moscow backstreets and frequenting places that no ones heard of! didnt you know! :lol:
Ah yes, I forgot. I'm living in exile... not supposed to escape my gulag :lol:

btw, Sorry about the early text on New Years Day... forgot you were out East! Although (as I later wrote you) the 13 hour time difference between here and Moscow (and 16 hours to my friends in Almaty) meant I was getting loads of early morning texts on the 31st!

Ah yes, I forgot. I'm living in exile... not supposed to escape my gulag :lol:

btw, Sorry about the early text on New Years Day... forgot you were out East! Although (as I later wrote you) the 13 hour time difference between here and Moscow (and 16 hours to my friends in Almaty) meant I was getting loads of early morning texts on the 31st!

no probs, had to get up to pop into China for Spa day! ;)

Hawaii is on me list, so will be in touch within the next 10 years or so! :lol:

Xmas was lovely, missus and kids get spoilt. Had my boy this xmas too for first time so extra bonus.
Had lots to eat and drink, couple long country strolls to blow cob webs away.
NYE bit of a let down but always is. Went to mates bar who said he had a couple of house djs playing who in turn played classic house anthems like Two Can Play That Game and Best Things In Life Are Free!! :eek: Anyhow me and the missus slipped off after midnight and carried on the knees up indoors where I smashed it on my 1 cd deck till around 6 am and there was certainly none of the above mentioned anthems played!
2009 well the missus got laid off yesterday and i've got a runny nose so good start but there are millions of people worse off round the world so not going to feel sorry for ourselves. She has an interview already arranged for tomorrow so fingers crossed. I have decided to give up the old Dickie Davis too, had enough of the sh1te rather spend the money on the kids.
Anyway hope you all had a good christmas and i wish you all the best for the new year ;)

Happy New Year everyone :D

Had 2 weeks off week which was lovely, we're normally away and have 4572642 things planned cos I'm not very good at chilling but had a lovely week up north for Christmas, then back to London for more chilling and NYE which was very enjoyable - nice meal with friends, drinks and then into a hole for 2009 :spank::lol:

Back at work yesterday which was surprisingly bearable but I think that may have more to do with the fact that I only have 19 days left at work before we go off travelling :lol:

Happy New Year everyone :D

Had 2 weeks off week which was lovely, we're normally away and have 4572642 things planned cos I'm not very good at chilling but had a lovely week up north for Christmas, then back to London for more chilling and NYE which was very enjoyable - nice meal with friends, drinks and then into a hole for 2009 :spank::lol:

Back at work yesterday which was surprisingly bearable but I think that may have more to do with the fact that I only have 19 days left at work before we go off travelling :lol:

..... and have we managed to stick to 6 outfits then????? ;)

:lol::lol::lol: You have no faith in me do you oh PL one :lol:;)

nope, none whatsoever - because I know fine well that I would sneak in one or two extra items because once I am given a fixed target on clothing I feel its my duty to smash that target.

Actually shoes would probably be my major problem to be honest....:lol::lol::lol:

nope, none whatsoever - because I know fine well that I would sneak in one or two extra items because once I am given a fixed target on clothing I feel its my duty to smash that target.

Actually shoes would probably be my major problem to be honest....:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Well Tom has already offered to carry more of my stuff (him being a bloke and all that :lol:) but no I am going to relish in my new LM lifestyle :lol:

Had a really quiet time this year, mainly due to hubby having op to reset dislocated wrist the week before Xmas. But it's always nice to have time off from work, caught up with friends & family, drank lots, ate even more! NYE was spent down our local pub which although was good it wasn't quite the same as going to a club and getting battered!!

:lol::lol::lol: Well Tom has already offered to carry more of my stuff (him being a bloke and all that :lol:) but no I am going to relish in my new LM lifestyle :lol:

well I am impressed with your intended LM ways - but I fear come Aug when you are back you will slide swiftly back into HM ways and you will be shopping until you drop (or you might be purchasing stuff on your travels and sending it to various addresses back in blighty for use on arrival back home (which is exactly what I would be doing :lol::lol::lol:!!)

You setting up a travel blog a la Jon and Becks??

Back