Visiting the UK...where to stay

joecrack13

I know its an Ibiza messageboard but Im sure most of u can advise where i can stay in the UK when i come...me and my chick will be coming late march or early april...i live in Brooklyn NYC my whole life so i know what its like to be in a major city...manhattan is like fantasy land with all the tourists and nonsense whereas where i live is more everyday life...theres also plenty to do where i live as well...i was looking for a spot like that in the UK where its not quite London but where London wasnt too far away and yet i can see the commonfolk live their lives and have plenty to do...a few years ago someone suggested essex....obviously im looking for good nightlife (pubs and clubs) and some sightseeing as well...if anyone can direct me as to where to go it would be very much appreciated

Oxford is lovely and not far from London. Loads of sights, history etc to see/do.

I'm glad i live somewhere with crap nightlife.

Means there are no freaky little ravers and kids running around taking drugs and being drunk outside clubs on a weekend.

some esssential tourist recommendations to give you a true flavour of English life

oooh, where to start, so many things to suggest

moss side (manchester) - where the famous football team is (owned by those rich arab guys); in fact the area is home to two teams with Oldham nearby too
harringey (london) - plenty to occupy young children in this lively district in the capital
toxteth (liverpool) - where the beatles used to walk their dogs
brighton (sussex) - if you're lucky you may catch famous former boxer Chris Eubank driving a pick up truck along the promenade or former superstar DJ Norman Cook trading on former glories or the city's most famous daughter Katie Price getting wet on the pier
dewsbury (yorkshire) - some of its most famous residents have been in the news over the years; Mohammed Siddique Kahn and Karen Matthews to name but two - who you may also find tributes to at the world famous London Dungeons (in London, capital city) or Tower of London, where the Queen keeps her bling (she is apparently itching to take back Massachusetts - but is ultimately a harmless old bird)
romford (essex) - home to globally-renowned nightspot Raquel's and lots of men who look like that vinnie jones limey guy who was semi-famous for 5minutes in LA once
shoreditch (london) - perfect hangout if you're a geek-freak into heroin chic
highgate cemetary (london) - home to bones of world famous commie karl marx, but don't kack yourself, he won't bite
scotland (north) - it's not england but it is on the freeway to the Loch where you may find yourself having a whisky with the local monster (although some tourists have complained Begbie is hard to track down)
luton (beds) - has an accessible airport for rapid departure

hope that helps ;)

defo BRIGHTON.... its kuhl!8)
shoreditch
brick lane on a sunday
hamstead heath (is that where the park is & you get a view on london town???)
& camden NOT ON THE WEEKEND......

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad i live somewhere with crap nightlife.

Means there are no freaky little ravers and kids running around taking drugs and being drunk outside clubs on a weekend.

Obviously never been to the Coven then! And George St is a whole street of drunkenness!
I would agree with Brighton. Great place to visit.

Bognor Regis. Although not sure you'd be able to handle the streets after living in nancy boy Brooklyn all your life. But seriously, if your trying to get away from tourists etc., London is so big that only central is what I would say is touristy and all that, the rest of London is probably the most interesting insight into 'life', being real and still with lots to do. Obviously central is a big load of touristy ****e, which I imagine to be alot worse than Manhatten ( from reports ) but there's many other places you can stay and get away from the stuff you don't like.

Definately don't come to essex it's dull as ****. And Olly get your facts right lad but raquels was in basildon not Romford as you keep saying.:rolleyes:

Definately don't come to essex it's dull as ****. And Olly get your facts right lad but raquels was in basildon not Romford as you keep saying.:rolleyes:

:lol:

I've never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Back