VIP at Hi, worth it?

I wouldn't exercise any less caution in Ibiza than I would back home. Always pinned to the inside of underwear with a safety pin. (Just avoid giving yourself a Prince Albert in the process.) If you can get it all behind a bit of thicker material, even better. Find a willing partner to cup your nuts and see if they can feel anything suspicious. :lol:

It's always a good idea to try and keep it there once you are inside too, just in case someone attempts a random search once you're in. Was almost caught out in the UK once, but thankfully managed to slip the bouncers and make a sharp exit.

Just having a read through this thread which I hadn't read prior to flying out on Thursday, first time in all my years of clubbing I've ever experienced a swift pat down of the ball area, thankfully they didn't search inside my shoe ?.

On another note, Glitterbox!! I had a good enough time but just seemed to be back to back chart hits I was hearing ???. What's others experience of the music there? I'm happy enough with a night of house and disco by the way but Sunday night the 'chart hits' just kept coming, Horse Meat Disco way less so, Louie Vega not as much, Roger Sanchez though ?, it's been a good while since I last heard him play and he didn't litter his sets with chart hits back then, just a glitter box thing?

I wouldn't exercise any less caution in Ibiza than I would back home. Always pinned to the inside of underwear with a safety pin. (Just avoid giving yourself a Prince Albert in the process.) If you can get it all behind a bit of thicker material, even better. Find a willing partner to cup your nuts and see if they can feel anything suspicious. :lol:

It's always a good idea to try and keep it there once you are inside too, just in case someone attempts a random search once you're in. Was almost caught out in the UK once, but thankfully managed to slip the bouncers and make a sharp exit.
There are special boxershorts for this :) I know I heart raves sells them.

On another note, Glitterbox!! I had a good enough time but just seemed to be back to back chart hits I was hearing ???. What's others experience of the music there? I'm happy enough with a night of house and disco by the way but Sunday night the 'chart hits' just kept coming, Horse Meat Disco way less so, Louie Vega not as much, Roger Sanchez though ?, it's been a good while since I last heard him play and he didn't litter his sets with chart hits back then, just a glitter box thing?
I don't quite get having all these huge name DJs just there playing classics - seems a bit of a waste to me. I guess they're on the bill to sell tickets and give the punters a great night out (which by all accounts they do) but yeah it does seem like a waste. Hey, what do I know - the night's a huge success and thousands of people love it.

Can remember Sanchez for 8 hours at Pacha on a Monday night way back when. Thought he was a fantastic DJ and it was a really great night. Wouldn't bother now.

I don't quite get having all these huge name DJs just there playing classics - seems a bit of a waste to me. I guess they're on the bill to sell tickets and give the punters a great night out (which by all accounts they do) but yeah it does seem like a waste. Hey, what do I know - the night's a huge success and thousands of people love it.

Can remember Sanchez for 8 hours at Pacha on a Monday night way back when. Thought he was a fantastic DJ and it was a really great night. Wouldn't bother now.

Over the summer they’ve had some DJs I would love to hear play again or hear for the first time, Sunday night put me off going back to Glitterbox though. Purple Disco Machine, Roger Sanchez, Fat Boy Slim ????.

Happy that I saw Roger Sanchez in NYC this year.
He played a classic house set there...but not the Glitterbox type of classics :)

I would have been happy with that, I had high hopes and was really looking forward to his set which did start off good for me but once the cheese started it didn’t stop. Would it be fair to assume that glitterbox ask them to go down that route?

Back