Villas

Yes after reading the thread properly, I agree also...

Only thing is... I've used this site for like 5 years now to plan my holidays and pop on quite often to see what's new.... Never knew this website had anything to do with property selling or anything like that.

Obviously had I known that I wouldn't have mentioned any competitors names on here !

BTW that post about the wages today was quality :lol:

Never knew this website had anything to do with property selling or anything like that.

stephen puts his head in his hands and weeps gently.

joe, tell me you're joking?

and can someone pass me that internet marketing manual, i think i may have missed some of the more salient points.

and can someone pass me that internet marketing manual, i think i may have missed some of the more salient points.

What!!!!! Are you saying there is more to Spotlight than just a couple of forums to pass the time of day whilst in the office????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya, but look at the Spotlight home page!

On the long list of 40-odd links on the left, Real estate is mentioned 4th from the bottom. And there's no link to the villa rentals page. Neither topic appears in the drop-down menus at the top. The design of the site is much more geared to drawing attention to Ibiza info, accomodations, transport and clubbing.

People may laugh but - Not at all. Why would I? 99% of the time I just come straight onto the clubbing section of the pages - Ok I can see on the home page it mentions accomodation, appartments, hotel reviews...... But I believed this to be just information, not an actual point to where people would book their holiday.

I would be very surprised if I was alone in thinking this... Not from like all your regulars who know you and know the site better, but the user like me, who comes on every now and then for a quick look at what's going.

The thing is, I like this website - Like I say i've used it for 5 years to plan my clubbing holiday, get all the latest info.... HAD I of known it was a good place to book a holiday or whatever from I would have checked it out at the same time as organising my holiday, see what's on and that...

I agree with what Morbyd said,...

there's an old marketing saw, 'you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.'

here's the first line of our top secret home page

"Here is everything you need to plan and book your perfect holiday: accommodation with safe online reservations, the clubbing calendar, selected restaurants, guides to beaches, towns and country with Spotlight maps."

if anyone has any suggestions how we could make it clearer what our business is then i will be pleased to hear them and pass them on to the powers that be

"Here is everything you need to plan and book your perfect holiday: accommodation with safe online reservations, the clubbing calendar, selected restaurants, guides to beaches, towns and country with Spotlight maps."

I have also probably read that many times. But still on booking a holiday in Ibiza, Ibiza Spotlight would not cross my mind. Once the holiday is booked, then Ibiza spotlight would be on my mind... Checking the club listings, reading the forums about other people getting excited about Ibiza etc....

See even in that paragraph above the first words read... "Here is everything you need to plan..'' And while it does continue to say book, for me the planning is all that has entered my head....

there's an old marketing saw, 'you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.'

if anyone has any suggestions how we could make it clearer what our business is then i will be pleased to hear them and pass them on to the powers that be
Ah, wait a second. I disagree with Joe. You've got to really not be paying attention to not know that Spotlight handles things like booking accomodations. :spank:

I referred only to real estate and villas, which are less prominently mentioned.

thanks morby. i never once thought that joe meant real estate on his original post - even with the ball coming out of left field so many times yesterday.

obviously our marketing 'thrust' is concentrated on our main and most profitable business - the less important, the further down the line it goes. real estate is an area where we have advertisements from agents, it's not our business. i take your point about villas, we need to create an individual section for them in the general accommodation area, and i'll have a chat with james about doing this.

hmmmm

Well to be honest, I don't agree. Maybe I put myself accross wrong, if someone said to me ''Ibiza Spotlight sorts out accomodation'' I would say ''Oh right'' - As if it was something I did and didn't know. Something that may have entered my head at one point and then left in another.

You use the forums a lot more than me Morbyd - So you're a lot more likely to know as im sure Sandi and Puppylover are as well.

I mean i'm someone whose an exams officer in a college and doing a BA in business management so it's not like i'm thick :eek: which is how I am led to feel after using this site 5 years and not knowing info like that !!!

I just think there are a lot more people who use this board like me who would be interested in such business but who do not really think of the board in this way.

thanks morby. i never once thought that joe meant real estate on his original post - even with the ball coming out of left field so many times yesterday.

quote]

No originally I was talking about real estate...

But even so, even now that I know a little more... next time I come to book a holiday in Ibiza, I would look at what's on offer here.....

it's easy for me to sit here and think that it's fairly obvious what spotlight is all about and i apologise for my jaw dropping astonishment when i discovered that not everyone knows what we do.

can i ask are there people out there who don't know what we do and think that it needs to be made more obvious?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm

Well to be honest, I don't agree. Maybe I put myself accross wrong, if someone said to me ''Ibiza Spotlight sorts out accomodation'' I would say ''Oh right'' - As if it was something I did and didn't know. Something that may have entered my head at one point and then left in another.

You use the forums a lot more than me Morbyd - So you're a lot more likely to know as im sure Sandi and Puppylover are as well.

I mean i'm someone whose an exams officer in a college and doing a BA in business management so it's not like i'm thick :eek: which is how I am led to feel after using this site 5 years and not knowing info like that !!!

I just think there are a lot more people who use this board like me who would be interested in such business but who do not really think of the board in this way.

Joe my :lol: was in a good natured fashion, I promise you. 8)

Stephen, maybe the fact spotlight has a different email address could be the problem?
Lots of sites you have to go to the mainsite first, then link into the forum?

Back