Villas

SOULSLIDER

Me and a number of my friends have been looking at villas for Ibiza this year, is there any you would recomend or advise to stay away from...

Cheers in advance!!!!:p

we stayed at villa san rafael in 2005 it was amazing!

villasanrafael.jpg

we stayed at villa san rafael in 2005 it was amazing!

villasanrafael.jpg

WE STAYED THERE!! :D :D :D

June 06 we were there....and I agree, it was like living in heaven for a week, 11/10 simply amazing.

We found it on owners direct website (google search "Owners Direct") and was very reasonable for a big group.

M.

What about traveling to and from this villa, none of us will be driving, whats it like getting taxi's, i.e to the west end Space Pacha etc how far to the west end and sunset bars...

bye the way the villa looks amazing...:lol: :lol:

i notice that none of the sites mentioned above, which like ourselves earn a living selling accommodation, have a forum. which is a shame really as we could do with a few free plugs on our rivals' webpages...........

i notice that none of the sites mentioned above, which like ourselves earn a living selling accommodation, have a forum. which is a shame really as we could do with a few free plugs on our rivals' webpages...........
Fair enough, Stephen, and you know I've supported the site by booking my accommodations through you for the past five years (and by buying club tickets a couple of times).

But to be fair, the villas page on Spotlight is a bit anemic:
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/accommodation_villas_i.htm

Perhaps you should work on adding some more options?

we only act as agents for accommodation which is legally registered with the authorities and is fully insured for paying guests, so yes, perhaps our villa accommodation looks pale in comparison with others..........

however we would still prefer not to have free plugs for the competition on our site and i don't think we're being draconian in saying so.

i think as individuals we don't have the same responsability as an organisation needs to have.

i was quite happy to book non-registered accommodation in barcelona on my recent trip. however how would it look if we (spotlight) sold a villa holiday to someone who seriously injured themselves diving into a pool with no markings, no warnings and no life saving equipment? not good.

the vast majority of villas for rent on the island are not registered, have no inspections, and are not adequately insured for holidaymaking purposes. i have no idea about the status of the villas on any of the sites mentioned above and i make no inferences about them.

i know it's easy to forget on the forum that we are actually a business so i occasionally need to post a little reminder ....it's in our rules anyway.

Fair enough, Stephen, and you know I've supported the site by booking my accommodations through you for the past five years (and by buying club tickets a couple of times).

But to be fair, the villas page on Spotlight is a bit anemic:
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/accommodation_villas_i.htm

Perhaps you should work on adding some more options?

agreed I also wasn't aware spotlight did villas etc I apologise re my reply in that case. I have seen loads of 'villa' threads incidently querying villas and people posting loads of links to sites etc - I haven't done this simply posted up where we stayed a couple of years ago.

I also have supported spotlight with my bookings and with club tickets and have made all of my friends aware of spotlight too!

again apologiese if caused offence none intended!:cry:

What about traveling to and from this villa, none of us will be driving, whats it like getting taxi's, i.e to the west end Space Pacha etc how far to the west end and sunset bars...

bye the way the villa looks amazing...:lol: :lol:

We never had any problem with taxi's infact I was amazed at how well they knew it etc and how little you needed to say! Fair play

listen guys, i'm not getting all worked up over this and neither should you. it's just business.

I stayed in a villa last year. It was called 'Ca Na Benita' and it was in San Rafael. Usually I just stay in a hotel in San Antonio so the Villa was nice, great to have our own space, pool, garden etc... Had a bit of trouble getting a taxi at times as a lot of drivers didn't seem keen on stopping in San Rafael.. But we had two cars so wasn't a major problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes i truly despair

:lol: before you :cry: El Steve! I did wonder how long after your post someone would recommend elsewhere again.:lol:

Aren´t they meant to be cracking down on illegal rentals? New law or stronger application of exisiting ones?

Back