Veggie recipes help!

spacemonkey

Anyone have any quick healthy veggie recipes? Pref ones that can make in advance and take to work without them turning into unmentionable mush on the train.

Dont like beans or lentils so this is sort of limiting my options when i have looked in books!!!

Ta :D

You need Ginger, chilli, garlic, oil, carrot cut into small battons, brocolli chopped small, mushrooms onion, beansprouts (if you can get any) soy sauce, and terriakyi, brown rice, sesame oil (opt)

First cube the tofu and fry it in enough oil to cover it until the outsides have crisped up a bit, set aside in a bowl and pour a little soy over.

Put the rice on to boil.

Next fry the garlic, ginger and chilli in a few tablespoons of oil for a min (dont let it burn) then add the onions, fry until they are cooked. Next add the veg and fry for 3/4 mins.
You can now add the cooked tofu, and rice once it is cooked.

Next pour over lots of soy, and terriakyi, tasting it as you add. Lastly drizzle a tablespoon of sesame oil over.

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense, it prob doesn't! :lol:

Cheers,
Betty Crocker

I make a lot of pastas to take to work, I'm not a veggie but I'd imagine you can still make the pastas and include tofu, or whatever veggies eat!

Recipes:

Garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes, peppers and white wine, lots of black pepper, serve with penne pasta, grated cheese on top. YUM!

Half fat cream, mushrooms, peppers, chopped tomatoes, onions, cajun spice, lots of black pepper. Serve on tagliatelle pasta. YUM!

Green pesto, mushrooms, peppers, spring onions, olive oil (I normally have chicken in this but I reckon tofu would go quite nicely). YUM!

What about a nice paella but veggie style?

White rice (or paella rice if you can find it), loads of veg: peas, onions, peppers, garlicetc. Cook the rice in white wine, lots of black pepper. Add tofu if you wish!

Or a nice vegetable curry? (depends if your work has a ban on smelly foods!)

Chop up some small potatoes into cubes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Few tablespoons of Patak's curry sauce (buy the strength you require - mild, medium, hot etc)
Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Any other spare veg you have, chuck it in!

Servce with basmati rice.

YUM!

Peppers stuffed with courgettes, onions, mushrooms in passatta topped with cheese. Make sure you chop it all really small so it fits into the peppers.

Veggie chilli - tinned toms, carrot, onion, mushrooms, pepper, courgette, garlic, chilli powder, kidney beans (optional - I don't like them so I give them to hubby & he gives me his mushrooms!) Serve with jacket spud, rice or crusty bread.

I make a lot of pastas to take to work, I'm not a veggie but I'd imagine you can still make the pastas and include tofu, or whatever veggies eat!

Recipes:

Garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes, peppers and white wine, lots of black pepper, serve with penne pasta, grated cheese on top. YUM!

Half fat cream, mushrooms, peppers, chopped tomatoes, onions, cajun spice, lots of black pepper. Serve on tagliatelle pasta. YUM!

Green pesto, mushrooms, peppers, spring onions, olive oil (I normally have chicken in this but I reckon tofu would go quite nicely). YUM!

What about a nice paella but veggie style?

White rice (or paella rice if you can find it), loads of veg: peas, onions, peppers, garlicetc. Cook the rice in white wine, lots of black pepper. Add tofu if you wish!

Or a nice vegetable curry? (depends if your work has a ban on smelly foods!)

Chop up some small potatoes into cubes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Few tablespoons of Patak's curry sauce (buy the strength you require - mild, medium, hot etc)
Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Any other spare veg you have, chuck it in!

Servce with basmati rice.

YUM!

Im going to keep these recipes for my lunch :lol:

I was at dinner where 'Ken' out of Bros sat two seats down from me and he wouldn't only eat plain tofu with a packet of polos for afters - weird!

You need Ginger, chilli, garlic, oil, carrot cut into small battons, brocolli chopped small, mushrooms onion, beansprouts (if you can get any) soy sauce, and terriakyi, brown rice, sesame oil (opt)

First cube the tofu and fry it in enough oil to cover it until the outsides have crisped up a bit, set aside in a bowl and pour a little soy over.

Put the rice on to boil.

Next fry the garlic, ginger and chilli in a few tablespoons of oil for a min (dont let it burn) then add the onions, fry until they are cooked. Next add the veg and fry for 3/4 mins.
You can now add the cooked tofu, and rice once it is cooked.

Next pour over lots of soy, and terriakyi, tasting it as you add. Lastly drizzle a tablespoon of sesame oil over.

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense, it prob doesn't! :lol:

Cheers,
Betty Crocker

having this tom night sounds great thanks for the info! :D

BBQ Tofu - very simple but delicious- important to press/drain tofu first, also I like to add a little hot sauce, and some extra spices, though if you are in hurry any old canned BBQ sauce will do:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil. This will help make cleaning up easier. Spoon a thin layer of barbecue sauce across the lined pan.

Slice pressed tofu into 1/2 inch thick cutlets and place in pan. Spoon a layer of sauce across the top of the tofu and bake for approximately one hour, checking occasionally so as not to overcook.

Tofu is done cooking when sauce has baked in and tofu is moist, but not saucy. Serve in a sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, relish and extra barbeque sauce. Yum!

Back