Valentines Day - Whats your opinion ?!

Oh yeah, and I also think V. Day is a load of poop. Who wants to be sitting in a restaurant watching couples play tonsil tennis? Bleurgh! I'd prefer to pick another day and go for a romantic dinner with my bf. Infact we went for a pie and mash on Saturday, Can't get more romantic than that! :D

:lol:

This time last year I was in NYC - we went for a bite to eat hoping to avoid the vomitous valentines crowd and wound up in an intimate restaurant with a low ceiling and MASSIVE heart balloons hanging everywhere (so typically American and unsubtle to us Brits - natch :lol:) to a soundtrack of Chris de Burgh and kunty couples whispering sweet nothings at each other.

Pilchard's face was priceless.

Horrid.

It's just a cheeky wee laugh I think. I like to get a card, but it's definitely not a day for spending a fortune or sitting in overpriced restaurants watching others trying to act romantic :lol:

As with everything, I think you can just do whatever feels right for you.

Cards and homemade dinner here :D

Nobody with opposable thumbs actual goes to a restaurant on Valentine'd Day, surely?

Valentines day, if i had a bf, would be an excuse to kneck a load of wine....oh no wait...who said i needed an excuse to do that :lol:

tbf if any future bf didnt atleast get a card he would be cruising for a bruising haha 8)

contradiction much vicky i think so :lol: haha

It's just a cheeky wee laugh I think. I like to get a card, but it's definitely not a day for spending a fortune or sitting in overpriced restaurants watching others trying to act romantic :lol:

As with everything, I think you can just do whatever feels right for you.

Cards and homemade dinner here :D
I prefer to ignore it completely... which I was successfully doing until this thread :lol:

I always get the missus a card, a little gift and cook her a meal.

It's quite easy to avoid the cheesiness if you've got a bit class.

It's harmless fun, like light bondage.

I can only comment on her office, where I'm generally thought to be a saint :lol:.

My bubble remains unburst!:p

I'm with Kofi on this one - Phil often sends me flowers to the office for non special days and they all think he's fantastic (and a saint for still being with the HMDQ) and I am a really lucky lady.... :lol::lol::lol:

Back