V Festival 2008

Emma_1983

I dont know about anybody else but I had a bluddy good time at V this weekend, weather held out so thats 2 fingers up to all the miserable so and sos at work who enjoyed telling me it was rain rain rain all weekend :lol:

I saw Prodigy, Muse, Kings of Leon, Verve, Stereophonics, Amy Wino, Girls Aloud, The Feeling, Gabriella Cilmi, Lost Prophets, Lenny Kravitz - probably more!

Lenny Kravitz was exceptionally good, he didnt want to stop, he went on and on. What a legend.

The Wino surprised me, she was actually quite good, which was refreshing after all the slaggings off she gets.

Girls Aloud were pants, all they did was shout, anybody who said that was good needs their hearing tested.

Kings of Leon one of my top faves, finally got to see them, amazing.

But ones who stole the show for me were Stereophonics, not a great fan but they blew me away, am tempted to go see them at the O2 in December.

Ended the show on Sunday eve with The Verve, and the rain finally set in, but still didnt ruin it.......what a TOP TOP TOP weekend.

Only downside was it was definitely more Essex/posery/young but still it didnt bother us. I just nearly ended up chinning someone and I have never had a fight in my life but after she had the cheek to push my other half about for no apparant reason and made us drop all our drinks- basicially she didnt like having drinks or cups thrown at her - hello love your at a festival get involved!!!! but yeah apart from that all good.

Im back at work today, but still not back on Planet Earth 8):lol::lol:

- basicially she didnt like having drinks or cups thrown at her - hello love your at a festival get involved!!!!8)

don't think i'd be too happy with someone throwing cups or drinks over me :confused: ;) :lol:

:lol::lol: Was gonna ask how it was. I'd have thought peeps would have mentioned it before. Sounds great 8)

don't think i'd be too happy with someone throwing cups or drinks over me :confused: ;) :lol:

:lol::lol: Was gonna ask how it was. I'd have thought peeps would have mentioned it before. Sounds great 8)

I got whacked with bottles and there is always a few clowns who throw drinks forward and get everyone but nobody cares, dont stand near the front if you dont like it.

:lol:

Basically my other half threw a bottle which was naughty I know but she was behind him and because someone threw a cup back about half an hour later she assumed it was him and pushed him and then he knocked into us and our drinks went everywhere. I told her to enjoy herself she was at a festival the silly moo :rolleyes:

How were the Prodigy ? Havent seem them for a while, were good live in the day. 8)

We saw their last 4 or 5 songs as we watched the start of Muse too as people always say how good they are live.

Prodigy were great, we were at the back so wasnt stuck right in the middle but we still went crazy 8)

Smack my b**ch up was great :lol:

Lenny Kravitz was exceptionally good, he didnt want to stop, he went on and on. What a legend.

But ones who stole the show for me were Stereophonics, not a great fan but they blew me away, am tempted to go see them at the O2 in December.

Ended the show on Sunday eve with The Verve, and the rain finally set in, but still didnt ruin it.......what a TOP TOP TOP weekend.
Kravitz is a hero. Same story when I saw him here earlier this summer - didn't want to get off stage. The organizers had to force him off, at which point he ripped into the best part of the set with American Woman, Fly Away and Are You Going to Go My Way. Great show.

I saw Sterophonics this spring. I thought they were good. Solid musicianship. Wish I'd recognized more songs but there weren't that many that grabbed me. However, Maybe Tomorrow is one of those random tunes that brings a tear to my eye so that was worth the price of admission.

Still have yet to see the Verve. Really want to!

Anyway, glad you had a good time, Em!

Kravitz is a hero. Same story when I saw him here earlier this summer - didn't want to get off stage. The organizers had to force him off, at which point he ripped into the best part of the set with American Woman, Fly Away and Are You Going to Go My Way. Great show.

I saw Sterophonics this spring. I thought they were good. Solid musicianship. Wish I'd recognized more songs but there weren't that many that grabbed me. However, Maybe Tomorrow is one of those random tunes that brings a tear to my eye so that was worth the price of admission.

He did it in that order for us too! Then he got down in the crowd and was touching people along the front (well touching their hands better be careful what I say there ha ha :lol:) but yeah he was brilliant, you could tell he proper enjoyed it.

I love Maybe Tomorrow too, that is one of my fave Stereophonics along with Dakota and Superman. Definitely worth seeing. Kelly Jones has an amazing voice.

Lenny did the crowd-touching thing at our show too :lol: I forget which song it was but he went down into the crowd in the middle of the tune. It was earlier in the set than those songs though.

He was so pissed off they stopped him (after at least 90 minutes!) that he smashed his guitar. Definitely loves to perform!

I forgot about Stereophonics' Superman. Also a very good tune.

Lenny did the crowd-touching thing at our show too :lol: I forget which song it was but he went down into the crowd in the middle of the tune. It was earlier in the set than those songs though.

He was so pissed off they stopped him (after at least 90 minutes!) that he smashed his guitar. Definitely loves to perform!

I forgot about Stereophonics' Superman. Also a very good tune.

Ha ha ha how funny, he was definitely worth seeing and we were so close to the front 8)

I have some screen shots of him on my FBook.

What a weekend, my other half has just been out to get his greatest hits we enjoyed it that much.

He had a super cool gold theme going on too, guitar, drums, microphone - you name it he had it.

hey Johnny, if you wanna get into the phonics mate, download or buy "word gets around" and listen to "traffic" if that dont make your hairs stand on end nothing will!! ;)

Watched it, looks dead good. The vibe @ V looks well cool to me, will be on the itinery next year I think, although by the end of the festival season there are alot of samey bands on that are playing the same sets for each festival and it's getting a bit boring, from the sofa anyway.

Saturday was alright as we were in fancy dress top laugh and distracted us from the meh and very M.O.R line up, come sunday i came down with the flu and went home early and could not be arsed hanging about thus missing the verve and KOL:rolleyes: Still managed to get tickets to see them in december though:p

Did anyone see me

izx5p1.jpg

Saturday was alright as we were in fancy dress top laugh and distracted us from the meh and very M.O.R line up, come sunday i came down with the flu and went home early and could not be arsed hanging about thus missing the verve and KOL:rolleyes: Still managed to get tickets to see them in december though:p

Did anyone see me

izx5p1.jpg

Ha ha ha nice fancy dress, surprisingly didnt see you, but saw lots of others.

Im going KOL in Dec too at the O2

Back