Underwater moving to Tuesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Imposter

I read on an Underwater advert in December's Jockey Sluts that they will be doing Tuesday nights in Ibiza in 2003....it didn't say anything about Subliminal or Pacha - so i don't know if any of those details have changed as well

perhaps there both doing seperate nights....underwater on tues and subliminal on wed.....this may mean that perfecto may be dropped from pacha..

Also possible that mr oakey doesn't fancy it next summer. to be honest, i went to the perfecto opening this year and it didn't have the same buzz as last year, not over busy either. oakey seemend a bit bored and pete tong, although good,a bit obvious. I'm not sure tongy would be able to fill pacha on his own.
maybe perfecto and/or pete tong are being booted out coz they couldn't make the numbers this year. i recall renaissance @ amnesia didnt pull big crowds on tuesdays either.
dunno. this is all guesswork but most years see some argy-bargy over the best nights in the best venues. looks like it's started already

Yeah I heard somewhere than Underwater and Subliminal were parting company next year for Ibiza, let's hope Underwater moves from Pacha and then we can Perfecto on Tuesday and Subliminal on Wednesday.

coz to be honest, subliminal plus underwater is just too popular. ive never been in a club as busy as pacha on the closing party this year. each night in itself can fill any club. room to dance, yes please :lol:

And much as I like Darren Emerson as a DJ (plus he's rather tasty too - oooh I'm such a girlie), he ain't Erick so if Subliminal are doing there own thing it means longer sets from the Subliminal Boys (Erick, Harry Choo Choo, Jose Nunez, Richard F YAY!)

Rusty....was supposed to be at the Subliminal/Underwater closing party this year but became ill due to completely overdoing it at Manumission closing and the day after!!!!
Was it good, even though it was so packed. Wasnt happy I missed it.
That will teach me in the future!!! Although I have said that before.

maybe they could have renaissance back at pacha, with live acts!!! but it wouln't surprise me if perfecto didn't go back next year. But it does surprise me to think that pete tong isn't a great crowd puller

I went to Perfecto for both Opening and Closing parties and they were both rammed, I can't see them leaving Pacha cos the Oakster loves playing there and has a good relationship with them :confused: Maybe Underwater is moving somewhere else cos they might not fill Pacha on their own without Senor Morillo :confused: They might go to El Divinos if they want a smaller venue.

God listen at me, it's not even 2003 and I'm already thinking about the summer :p

Pacha

Isn't it just academic which promoter is doing the night??? Surely if the music is good and they decorate it appropriately it doesn't matter.
The issue for me is going to a club which looks after its punters...Now we all know that in Ibiza the promoters have absolutely no control over this.
As soon as the b***ards at Pacha realise that cramming as many people into a club as possible is not the recipe for success at top notch prices then they will attract a more discerning crowd. They rely on Pacha as a tourist attraction too much for filling the club. Occasionally people stand still in the middle of the dance floor and it's damned near impossible to move anyway....

Pacha could be a wonderful experience but it has been ruined by the owners who just don't care any more. Does it really matter if Subliminal will be there if this is the case??? My money is going on Pin Up, DC-10 and the like next year.....anyone agree?....

...and I wonder if the Beach parties at Jondal will go ahead next year?? Any news?

yeah but each different promoter has a different style of music, you got subliminal because you want to see that dj play.

While you absolutly right cramming people into a club is not a good thing, but they can do it, and they do do it and punters like us are willing to put up with this, and it isn't juts pacha, amnesia, el divino, there all at it, i bet you dc10 was also packed to the rafters!!! as it has been going for 5 years now!!!

Re: Pacha

Robder said:
Isn't it just academic which promoter is doing the night??? Surely if the music is good and they decorate it appropriately it doesn't matter.

:?: No cos I might want to go to a Subliminal Party or a Sanchez night or a bloody Cream night or whatever and that's cos I want to hear specific DJs, experience a certain night etc not cos I want to look at the funking decor :p :rolleyes:

...and you're absolutely right!! Sorry, I must be going mad. I can't imagine how awful it would be walking into Amnesia on a Cream night (cue angry messages from Trance fans).

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that music is the most important thing in Ibiza, not overpaid djs, overpacked clubs and mafia bosses who have lost the plot and just don't care.

I'm not a complete hasbeen either, I do in fact still love the place more than anywhere else in the world and will be returning next year. (When you'll find me on the floor at Space having the time of my life and not moaning!)

Understand where I'm coming from? No? Oh I'll shut up then. :oops:

Robder said:
...and you're absolutely right!! Sorry, I must be going mad. I can't imagine how awful it would be walking into Amnesia on a Cream night (cue angry messages from Trance fans).

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that music is the most important thing in Ibiza, not overpaid djs, overpacked clubs and mafia bosses who have lost the plot and just don't care.

I'm not a complete hasbeen either, I do in fact still love the place more than anywhere else in the world and will be returning next year. (When you'll find me on the floor at Space having the time of my life and not moaning!)

Understand where I'm coming from? No? Oh I'll shut up then. :oops:

:D

See you in Space matey :p

Just read on the Underwater website that they will be hosting Tuesday nights at Pacha independently starting from June 24th.

Residents - Darren Emerson, Tim Deluxe and Wally Lopez (haven't heard him DJ yet, but his productions are excellent).

www.underwaterecords.com

I reckon Subliminal will continue doing Pacha on Wednesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back