Undercover police!

jackmontandon

Morning people,

Just a quick warning really, there is always undercover police on the Island but this year they seem really on it! Saw 5+ people being taken away for dealing in the Sankeys que, and a lot more people being randomly searched in the streets (including having a proper look down pants!)

Just be careful people, dont ruin your holiday by getting caught!!

Drugs are obviously bad and I wouldn't touch them myself, but the whole being able to look down your pants and conduct intimate searches without good reason is totally off! :evil:

Were the cops conducting searches on the street undercover too? Maybe it's just an early season display of muscle? I have seen cops stop and search people in Ibiza before, but it's few and far between.

Cops were undercover in the que / walking past the que, soon as they saw antyhing a Guardia de civil car was seconds away and they did the searching. Yeah there is always more police activity this time of year, just never seen it so on top as such as this year. They were randomly going through wallets etc. Only saw this at Sankeys though. Apparently sunset strip and the west end has some undercover police so just be careful!

So was there true random searching or was it just if people were daft enough to be handling drugs in public?

True random searching :/ well people close to the dealings, so say someone got stopped for dealing, there was a chance that people five up and five down the que were getting checked, so someone being daft enough to deal in public might get someone not so daft in trouble

Blimey! I've been used to going in September and just walking in, so will be weird this year going in July. Not a fan of queuing, so would try and turn up in time to avoid having to stand around.

I would get to Sankeys as early as possible! Tribal seshions opens evening time for a free bbq so maybe thats why by 12 its rammed! Nothing wrong with getting to a club early though, gives you more hours partying!

Tribal Sessions was one I was thinking of doing and was wondering if it's worth getting there early considering there are plenty of other places you can party outside!

Dailymail news:

Detectives are searching clubs in San Antonio for a new extremely dangerous drug. You can read more here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...akers-warned-dangerous-new-drug-Cannibal.html

Thanks for posting, its definitely good to stay informed.

I've read it has an active ingredient which is a dangerous psychoactive compound known as "dimesmeric andersonphospate". It stimulates the part of the brain called "Shatner's bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with time perception. So, a second feels like a month.

Well, it almost sounds like fun, unless you're the Prague schoolboy who walked out into the street, straight in front of a tram. He thought he'd got a month to cross the street...

Mdpv IS nasty by the way (active in tiny measures and very tweaky if you take a tiny bit too much), but it's long been known about (was being sold online around the same time as mephedrone, before the cathinone ban) and people have been far more likely to come across it in the UK.

I was searched last year by the guardia civil on the way into space but they never looked down my pants

Don't think police are allowed to either so i don't get why undercover police would?

Back