UK Voting Poll

What is the party affiliation of the MP you will support in the UK election?

• Conservative

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Liberal Democract

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Regional Party (Scottish, Wales, N. Ireland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Greens, Respect, BNP, UKIP, etc.)

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
THe fun and games begin (great for me as the dollar against pound falls). been up all night watching on tv. Regardless what you think, it is superb democracy. (my home mp got back in which is good..snp). I see Mandlesan has gone quiet...not at No.10 etc. It is brilliaint

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt for the Lib Dems. It really did look as though they might get at least a few more seats. It is time for change from this two party carry on. Lib Dems increased their share of the vote in my constituency by 8% but were still in third.

The mind boggles how Cameron has managed to throw this one. At times they were 28 pts ahead in the polls and should have walked it. Illegal wars, worst recession for nearly a century, id cards, Ashcroft & Murdoch giving them blank cheques to fight the fight. He blew it, he missed an open goal from 2 yards :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The commentators last night were furious that in a democracy in the year 2010 people are turned away from polling stations, crazy scenes.

The commentators last night were furious that in a democracy in the year 2010 people are turned away from polling stations, crazy scenes.
I saw there was some controversy about that. What was the problem? Did they just show up late?

I saw there was some controversy about that. What was the problem? Did they just show up late?

They turned up in time but the queues where that long where locked out at 10pm.

We went to vote about 7pm but the queues where massive went back at 9pm and we had to wait 30min to vote

"The mind boggles how Cameron has managed to throw this one. At times they were 28 pts ahead in the polls and should have walked it. Illegal wars, worst recession for nearly a century, id cards, Ashcroft & Murdoch giving them blank cheques to fight the fight. He blew it, he missed an open goal from 2 yards :lol::lol::lol::lol:"

Both Wales and Scotland have devolved parliaments, the Conservatives made it clear , as an example, that they thought it was unfair for Scotland to have free prescriptions and reduced/no university fees and had said this would change as England were basically subsidising this. Hence why if you look at the votes, England was a Conservative landslide win, Scotland and Wales however were clearly mindful of what was said and have voted labour.

You'll have people from St Petersburg, Bangalore or Gangzhou choosing your leadership :lol:

i fail to see why this couldn't be a possibilty. You'd register to vote as normal, they send you account log in details (unique PIN ?) in the post which you need to match with your personal details (national insurance number?), log on and vote.

Can't be that hard surely.

Both Wales and Scotland have devolved parliaments, the Conservatives made it clear , as an example, that they thought it was unfair for Scotland to have free prescriptions and reduced/no university fees and had said this would change as England were basically subsidising this. Hence why if you look at the votes, England was a Conservative landslide win, Scotland and Wales however were clearly mindful of what was said and have voted labour.

I think it's probably more of a rememberance to the thatcher era that keeps Scotland a labour strong hold tbh.

i fail to see why this couldn't be a possibilty. You'd register to vote as normal, they send you account log in details (unique PIN ?) in the post which you need to match with your personal details (national insurance number?), log on and vote.

Can't be that hard surely.
Anything connected to the Internet can be hacked. Fact.

so what % of voters on here made a 'postal vote'? we did and surely its easier than having to stand in a queue before the deadline?

Russell's right. Electronic voting is the way forward. Banks manage to store private data with our trust, not sure why the simple exercise of clicking a screen should be so problematical.

Yesterday was shambolic and an embarrassment in front of the watching world. Not to Florida 2000 levels obviously but nevertheless it looked very amateurish + Using a pencil, in a booth with no curtain, in a church with no security?! is someone having a laugh?

as for last night, I managed about EIGHT hours worth on the BBC before my eyes started hurting. God knows why. You're just continually glued to those stats and hoping for shocks and egg <> face interconnects. Brucey? Joan Collins? WTF?

gotta feel sorry for Clegg but it seems he peaked too soon and like Icarus flew too close to the sun... in any case, the system was always stacked against him and his naivety eventually shone through.

tories will govern alone - might offer a few miniscule sweeteners to the Libs but that's it. Expect a new election in the autumn Cam asking the public again for a clear mandate, and next time he will probably get it...

*kudos to the Greens in Brighton though. Result!

tories will govern alone - might offer a few miniscule sweeteners to the Libs but that's it. Expect a new election in the autumn Cam asking the public again for a clear mandate, and next time he will probably get it...

Yeah, I reckon. His speech much offered to impliment any LibDem policies that are the same as theirs. PR's their big want and he's offered an cross party committee like the one that already went nowhere and he's said he can't move the major Tory policies

Though the libs stIll got a healthy share of the vote, I know it's the rules like but you've got to feel for them gettin so many votes and so few seats

Though the libs stIll got a healthy share of the vote, I know it's the rules like but you've got to feel for them gettin so many votes and so few seats

Indeed wifey and me did our bit, their share in our seat was up almost 8% but that meant little. It is now hard to see how they will ever make significant gains when you weigh up the other two options people were choosing between this time.

Ah well, won't affect us for much longer. The incestuous and murky world of Ibicenco politics will pass me by without comment!

Back