Uk strikes

100% behind the strikers. I'm in the public sector, but not in a union. I don't consider it as much about pensions as I do stopping the resource, land and power grab from poor to rich and the destruction of the public sector. (I hesitate to use the word money, because money is just a convenient illusion. :lol: It's ultimately about finite land, finite resources and who gets what share of the pie.)

This government is awful and shouldn't even be in power. When I voted Lib Dem, it wasn't so they could climb in bed with the Tories.

All the money that was used to prop up the banks should have been treated as the public buying shares and as soon as they started turning a profit again we should have been paid dividends. Instead it went into bankers' bonuses and their pensions. F**k off!

/rant over

Needless to say, I won't be voting Lib Dem again (which is a shame; as on paper they look good). Prob be SNP from now on (as I did in the last locals), as I'm weary of Labour due to them taking us to war and their attitude to personal freedoms (TF we're not carrying ID cards!).

My wifey was quite worried going into work this am (nursing sister) but suffered no more than a few angry placard wavers.

100% behind the strikers. I'm in the public sector, but not in a union. I don't consider it as much about pensions as I do stopping the resource, land and power grab from poor to rich and the destruction of the public sector. (I hesitate to use the word money, because money is just a convenient illusion. :lol: It's ultimately about finite land, finite resources and who gets what share of the pie.)

This government is awful and shouldn't even be in power. When I voted Lib Dem, it wasn't so they could climb in bed with the Tories.

All the money that was used to prop up the banks should have been treated as the public buying shares and as soon as they started turning a profit again we should have been paid dividends. Instead it went into bankers' bonuses and their pensions. F**k off!

/rant over

I support their protection of their pensions etc, though unfortunately I've never seen a public run organisation that isn't crippled with such cultural inertia and level of efficiency that would make a 100w old school lightbulb blush. And to that extent, the sooner they're up against the wall (or at least drag their processes and output into the 21st century), then funk 'em :D (certain exclusions apply of course :D).

Oh, and I LOVE George Osborne. He's almost the quintessentially perfect Tory arsehole. :lol: In every move he does, whether the announcement of more cuts the day before a strike, to the smirk he does to reinforce his mind is on everything OTHER than what (he's paid to do and listen to) DC's rapping about at PMQ's.

I don't think we've had such a blatant overt derision for anyone outside his social and economic class since Lawson.

People in this country are way too apathetic and happy just to let the ruling elite grab more and more. Were the bankers ever 'punished' for messing up the economy? A wee holiday in Ibiza, a new X-box game, a new pair of jeans, X-Factor on the telly to keep us lobotomised. (That Adam Freeland song "We Want Your Soul" does it better!) It's like throwing doggy biscuits while the masters run off with everything, make all the rules and retire at 55 on a massive pension. Just because the private sector is happy to roll over and have its tummy tickled, doesn't mean the public sector should do the same. :twisted:

:lol:

The strikes are quite depressing in my opinion.

I can't fault them for defending their position, no one wants to be worse off.

But I don't think it will have any impact unfortunately and it will be for nothing.

And if it is repeated, what public support the action currently has (which is surprisingly high from what i've read) will start to diminish.

I find it hard to shed a tear to be honest about reduction to public sector pensions.

I'm not intending to be flippant about their concerns or protests, it's just that for many in the private sector - a reduction in the pension is the least of their worries at the moment.

However, the large scale public sector redundancies are a huge worry. That will have a massive impact on us all.

Perhaps the job reductions would have to be even bigger if the pensions were not reformed?

And i disagree that money is " a convenient illusion". It's actually a bloody inconvenient reality for the millions who don't have enough.

I support their protection of their pensions etc, though unfortunately I've never seen a public run organisation that isn't crippled with such cultural inertia and level of efficiency that would make a 100w old school lightbulb blush. And to that extent, the sooner they're up against the wall (or at least drag their processes and output into the 21st century), then funk 'em :D (certain exclusions apply of course :D).

Oh, and I LOVE George Osborne. He's almost the quintessentially perfect Tory arsehole. :lol: In every move he does, whether the announcement of more cuts the day before a strike, to the smirk he does to reinforce his mind is on everything OTHER than what (he's paid to do and listen to) DC's rapping about at PMQ's.

I don't think we've had such a blatant overt derision for anyone outside his social and economic class since Lawson.

:lol::lol::lol:

Just because the private sector is happy to roll over and have its tummy tickled, doesn't mean the public sector should do the same. :twisted:

This statement alone shows how out of touch you are with reality.

If you had any idea how hard the past three years have been for business in the private sector, you would never dream of making this statement.

In an SME you have no one to protest to if your wages, pensions or conditions change or even vanish overnight.

The money's either there or it's not. No one to cry to or whine to.

It's you and your staff and your product or service and no one gives a fck if you're here tomorrow or not.

I can't count the number of sleepless nights i've had over the past three years knowing that the world could come crashing down around your ears if X,Y,Z happens and there is fck all you can do about it.

Rather than "rolling over and having our tummy tickled" we fought tooth and nail every day to keep moving forward as there is no big government funded tit to suck on when times get tough.

If you're not able to change and adapt - you're ****ed.

You've just enforced the stereotype of the out of touch, cossetted public sector worker who has a sense of entitlement far outweighing their contribution.

Well done.

The strikes are quite depressing in my opinion.

I can't fault them for defending their position, no one wants to be worse off.

But I don't think it will have any impact unfortunately and it will be for nothing.

And if it is repeated, what public support the action currently has (which is surprisingly high from what i've read) will start to diminish.

I find it hard to shed a tear to be honest about reduction to public sector pensions.

I'm not intending to be flippant about their concerns or protests, it's just that for many in the private sector - a reduction in the pension is the least of their worries at the moment.

However, the large scale public sector redundancies are a huge worry. That will have a massive impact on us all.

Perhaps the job reductions would have to be even bigger if the pensions were not reformed?

And i disagree that money is " a convenient illusion". It's actually a bloody inconvenient reality for the millions who don't have enough.

The main problem with the pensions is that they tie each of them into a life of pedestrian unsackable/guaranteed-promotion-with-time pen pushing career adding to the bulging sector that treats innovation like kryptonite. After a few years of procedural 9:05 to 4:48 (including logging on/off time) every day they're useless to the open market.

The sooner the lines between the 2 sectors are unblurred the better.

I support their right to strike, just wish they did it over reasons like "We're sick of being tied into this 'Company' with galacial personal development and target outcomes..." (they may need to work on the slogan though)

I mean that as in you have land and resources and after that it's all about how you divvy up the pie. We're being taken for mugs by the Tories and their rich chums; the bankers haven't been made to pay for their mistakes (hell, they're still reaping bonuses). Money and credit are only good while society is held together. Take the piss enough and it won't. How long before we see riots in the street as what happened in Greece? As far as I'm concerned, this is about the greedy minority.

TBH, despite a noticable drop in disposable income, I'm not feeling that sorry for myself, since I have no kids, earn an 'okay' wage given that and am not materialistic. It's the cleaners, low admin staff, etc I feel sorry for.

This statement alone shows how out of touch you are with reality.

If you had any idea how hard the past three years have been for business in the private sector, you would never dream of making this statement.

In an SME you have no one to protest to if your wages, pensions or conditions change or even vanish overnight.

The private sector used to be quite unionised, didn't it? I'm not in a union, but there are obvious benefits to being in one. (Obviously, this is irrelevant when it comes to small businesses.) Yet you have big businesses - like Tesco - taking advantage of free labour through govt schemes while turning massive profits. :evil:

Does it not bother you that so much wealth and power is being transferred from rich to poor? I've yet to hear anyone deny this is happening.

And the private sector depends to some extent on the public sector. You'd be better off paying people a wage to stay in a job than benefits to sit at home!

Rather than "rolling over and having our tummy tickled" we fought tooth and nail every day to keep moving forward as there is no big government funded tit to suck on when times get tough.

anyone have any idea what Teddy Tesitcles plan B is (other than raise taxes and borrow more money).

from various comments ive read here there and everywhere, even if the top 5% of earmers in the country gave away a years salary, we'd still be in the ****.

fairness is everyone contributing. why should working for the public sector make anyone immune. be grateful you will have a meaningful pension, the lowest paid non public sector workers dont even have that.

the country is broke, europes in turmoil face up to reality and get on with it.

Back