TV Boxsets

Trying to cut down on subscriptions, so committing to catching up on stuff on iPlayer for the moment. Halfway through Normal People at the moment... really good!

I’m not sure if it’s a box set, but I watched an interesting three part drama this week on BBC Iplayer.

Pretty simple storyline, but the characters really bring it to life in a tough gritty way.

Sean Bean and Stephen Graham both put in a good performance I thought.

It was excellent and Sean Bean is superb in it. I thought some of the other inmates were brilliantly portrayed too.

I’m not sure if it’s a box set, but I watched an interesting three part drama this week on BBC Iplayer.

Pretty simple storyline, but the characters really bring it to life in a tough gritty way.

Sean Bean and Stephen Graham both put in a good performance I thought.

Just finished it a few minutes ago. Sooooo good. Stephen Graeme as majestic as ever, and Sean Bean was brilliant. 👍

It was excellent and Sean Bean is superb in it. I thought some of the other inmates were brilliantly portrayed too.

Yes I thought he was too, he carried it off really well.

I can only really remember him from Sharpes Rifles back in the day, and he was a right hard b*stard in that!

So quite unusual to see him take up this role but he absolutely nailed it, along with the other actors. They really brought the whole thing to life I thought, they gave it gritty realism.

Just finished it a few minutes ago. Sooooo good. Stephen Graeme as majestic as ever, and Sean Bean was brilliant. 👍

Yes he’s also a great actor isn’t he, he brings a lot to any film or programme he is part of.

I have heard he is part of the cast in the next Peaky Blinders season?

If he is I’m looking forward to seeing what sort of character he plays, hero or a villain. I think he is good at either.

I think Graeme's role as Combo in This is England is fantastic and widely misunderstood. If you compare it to Joe Pesci's character in Goodfella's, obviously different but in many ways wired in a similar fashion, Graeme's performance for me, is superior because Combo is a much more complicated character with many more layers and vulnerability especially when it comes to Lol (the equally excellent Vicky McClure). He was also excellent as Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire. Not bad for a guy whose dyslexia is so bad he can't even read his own scripts!

I think Graeme's role as Combo in This is England is fantastic and widely misunderstood. If you compare it to Joe Pesci's character in Goodfella's, obviously different but in many ways wired in a similar fashion, Graeme's performance for me, is superior because Combo is a much more complicated character with many more layers and vulnerability especially when it comes to Lol (the equally excellent Vicky McClure). He was also excellent as Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire. Not bad for a guy whose dyslexia is so bad he can't even read his own scripts!
I think I'm gonna watch TIE again!

Gonna get on Squid Games at the weekend, after my current Disney+ sub runs out and I switch to Netflix for a bit. Got Disney+ for the latest Walking Dead, which is actually surprisingly good, and decided also to try The Mandalorian. I would have said I really can't be bothered with Star Wars as an adult, but i've enjoyed this show a lot (though I'm guessing everyone else has seen it already :lol:).

really annoyed the beatles thing is a Disney two parter. the trailers are just screaming sign up. can you sign up for a month *free and then cancel again before payment goes through?

went to the pictures on Sunday for first time in 2 years. I thought the james bond was terrible. why I'm still watching this shite at 46 is worrying... (see also star wars)

really annoyed the beatles thing is a Disney two parter. the trailers are just screaming sign up. can you sign up for a month *free and then cancel again before payment goes through?

went to the pictures on Sunday for first time in 2 years. I thought the james bond was terrible. why I'm still watching this shite at 46 is worrying... (see also star wars)

Most of the star wars stuff from the 90s onwards has been pretty gash, that said I try and watch it through the eyes of a kid and I still find some enjoyment in that.

However the mandalorian was proper good, really had the feel of the originals, you can tell its the work of fanboys. Looking forward to more of the same with the other spinoffs due to come out.

For my tastes, there's not as much random stuff to watch on Disney+ as other streaming services, but you'll probably find something to make a month's subscription worthwhile. I don't think they do a free trial.

For my tastes, there's not as much random stuff to watch on Disney+ as other streaming services, but you'll probably find something to make a month's subscription worthwhile. I don't think they do a free trial.

netflix is very occasional for me if there's a decent original production. I don't wade through the options as it takes ages and how many things about aliens or mexican cartels can you really take?

Back