Turnmills Presents: DefMix 20th Anniversary Weekender

but then given that ealing is obviously the centre of nightlife in the UK given its quality club establishments its hardly surprising is it!

i moved here from whitechapel 4 years ago as i heard that the clubs in ealing made shoreditch look very bland and commercial.....

err or maybe it was coz i got a job in north acton!!

nightlife in ealing? clubs? :eek: Are you talking about the gentleman's club? :eek:

nightlife in ealing? clubs? :eek: Are you talking about the gentleman's club? :eek:

is there one of those??!!!

ealing is pretty poor for going out isnt it.

but i can remember back inthe day when the boulevard was a top night out i think it was on a sunday (must have been early 90's) :eek: i used to travel from kent to see my friend play there......

:lol: :lol: :lol: Believe me he can :lol: ;)

exactly.. :lol:
I saw Morales in the outside bit at the Space closing last year.. all he played was late nineties cheesy vocal tunes (most of them his own!)

I'll stick to Pete Heller, Tom Stephan and Satoshie Tomiie thanks, what do all of you know anyway ;)

exactly.. :lol:
I saw Morales in the outside bit at the Space closing last year.. all he played was late nineties cheesy vocal tunes (most of them his own!)

I'll stick to Pete Heller, Tom Stephan and Satoshie Tomiie thanks, what do all of you know anyway ;)

Sometime I dont want to be educated tho mate some times I just want classics. The Friday looks goos but im kinda in the mood to be cheesed up at the moment :lol:

Sometime I dont want to be educated tho mate some times I just want classics. The Friday looks goos but im kinda in the mood to be cheesed up at the moment :lol:

exactly! the argument of "i don't wanna hear old tunes/tunes i know" doesn't stack up for me.

imagine going to see a band you liked and they didn't play one track you knew.

exactly! the argument of "i don't wanna hear old tunes/tunes i know" doesn't stack up for me.

Yep there is always room for a few classic in every set! Dont get me wrong im always on the look out for new stuff but I have had my days of chasing the next big thing

thats right, if hed kandi plays tunes you know its cheese, but if its morales who plays them its cool... :p

;)

On a serious note, I do like hearing old tunes! Its just that those he played were old tunes i didnt particularly like in the first place.
I mean if i heard expander or yeke yeke on a night out id be very happy 8)

thats right, if hed kandi plays tunes you know its cheese, but if its morales who plays them its cool... :p

;)

On a serious note, I do like hearing old tunes! Its just that those he played were old tunes i didnt particularly like in the first place.
I mean if i heard expander or yeke yeke on a night out id be very happy 8)

listen up at the back.;)

it's all about context. you could take a large proportion of the tunes played at hed kandi and play them by morales or whoever, to a clued up crowd and it means something different.

e.g. Robin S - show me love, rinsed by every ritzy club for over 10 years now. But when erick plays it at space closing, it returns to the NYC club classic it truly is.
e.g. 2 Roger S playing Touch me, red carpet - alright amongst others at Release Yourself closing last year. tunes that have been abused across any place slightly associated with dance music.

in one context, yeah cheesy, in others no not at all. so when morales plays it to a specific crowd, no it's not cheesy regardless of whether 5 mins ago DJ barry mac has just been playing it at warp 9 whilst MCing over it at the Queen Vic social function suite for barry and sharon's wedding.

the same goes for any other "cheesy" tune. think of it like a boy band deciding to do a beatles cover version as their first single, compared to Oasis doing one.

N.B. It's Xpander;)

Back