Turnmills closing down..

Sorry you must just remind me of him when you talk about the women you've had! lol

Don't be so bitter Becki! So, both Stringy and I evaded you, but you have the old ball and chain:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Easter weekend is going to be pretty crazy...

Am up for squeezing a couple of Gallery's in before it's game over. Ferd/Stu/anyone - let us know when you're planning to head down there.

Easter weekend is going to be pretty crazy...

Am up for squeezing a couple of Gallery's in before it's game over. Ferd/Stu/anyone - let us know when you're planning to head down there.

Well mate, I think in Feb we have the 15th planned for Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.
And then March it might even be 7th, 14th and 21st!

Will let you know for definite

From turnmills website

7th March Gallery v Clockwork Orange 15th Bday
Main Room: Boy George, Jeremy Healy, Andy Manston, John Kelly
T2: John Pleased Wimmin, Mark Moore, Alistair whitehead
T3: Retro - Paul Taylor

14th March Gallery
Main Room: Ferry Corsten, Marco V, Bart Claessen, Gavyn Mitchell
T2: Tom Neville, Bruno Lawton, Graeme lloyd

I always remember losing about 2-3 hours in Turnmills and then just kinda "coming to" on the mainroom dancefloor at about 5am.

I remember one week, a mate of mine talking to the wall while sitting on that speaker at the front, then the week after, another mate trying to put his cash card into the wall on the same speaker !!!
Fookin great days.

Anil/Ferd - Mar 14th is a go-er with my lot, let's do a beer.

Good stuff, count me in Stu.

PS:

TRADE FINAL NIGHT is on sunday 16th, got myself a ticket for that too :lol:

From turnmills website

7th March Gallery v Clockwork Orange 15th Bday
Main Room: Boy George, Jeremy Healy, Andy Manston, John Kelly
T2: John Pleased Wimmin, Mark Moore, Alistair whitehead
T3: Retro - Paul Taylor

14th March Gallery
Main Room: Ferry Corsten, Marco V, Bart Claessen, Gavyn Mitchell
T2: Tom Neville, Bruno Lawton, Graeme lloyd

7th for me...... not the 5th :rolleyes:

From the Jules' diary section JudgeJules.net:

"The next place we hit was ‘The Gallery’ at Turnmills in London. Having been rumoured for some time, Turnmills have announced that they will close at Easter after 23 euphoric years. It’s not for the lack of business- far from it. Their lease was due to run out in a couple of years, and the freeholder offered them a deal to get out early that was too good to be true. Had they left things til it ran full-term the lease would be worth nothing. The Gallery night is moving to another very famous London venue (I’m not allowed to name it just yet.) Despite the move, Turnmills’ departure will leave a significant gap in London clubland. Back in the late eighties it was the first UK venue to be granted a 24 hour licence, allowing them to host five or even six different promotions over the weekend spell, including (amongst others) the legendary ‘Trade’, birthplace of Tony De Vit’s iconic dj status. The closing weekend will take place over the Easter spell, and I’ll be spinning on the final Gallery night.

On Jan 25th I played a relatively late 4.30 til 6am set at Turnmills, recording it as the ‘Jan live mix’ on the site. When I’m spinning in my home city there will always be plenty of mates in-situ. A couple of my buddies (Rod and Jim) poured the drinks in the booth whilst I focused on the dancefloor. Turnmills never lets you down."

ahh... I remember in 1995 going to the Heavenly Social... it was where I popped my London clubbing cherry.. my first bit of clubbing debauchery as well !! ;)

I'm seriously thinking of flying over for the Easter weekend madness!! :eek: :twisted:

Tickets for final Fri, Sat and Sun are onsale now on Ticketweb (thanks Ferd :lol:;)) - £20 per night, max 4 tickets and pick-up on door only (obviously to deter people selling them on).

Line-ups all tbc but Danny Rampling has confirmed on his Facebook that he is playing Sunday night with Frankie Knuckles.

Back